Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+4
ultimate warrior
trevdee
iand1957
TheNeil29
8 posters

Simon Lenighan

TheNeil29

Simon Lenighan Empty Simon Lenighan

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:07 am

Over-rated, pathetic, no passion, can't pass for ****, thinks he's something special, and to be quite frank, he is absolutely ****.

Discuss.

Simon Lenighan Empty Re: Simon Lenighan

Post by Guest Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:57 am

Got to agree with this after yesterday's performance.

Shame not all the players can show the same passion as Adam N.
    iand1957

Post by iand1957 Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:22 am

I've got to admit i totally agree, He's got a touch like a cart horse, can't head a ball, can't pass, so what he actually brings to the game i'm not sure, Leeds youth team captain god they must have been in a bad way..
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:47 pm

yesterday he was shocking, just doesn't want the ball, totally switched off from Harrogate Town...Not a good player to have in the squad and with all his baggage - get rid asap!!
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:51 pm

have my doubts about Speight just not making the impact i thought he would can't see him getting 20 goals this season, good job we have Wally for the time being, expect another striker coming soon?
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:16 am

Kendall was disappointing, but I think he could have been given more of a chance to cement his place. After all, back in August the 'pundits' were saying we had the best strike force in the league: Walshaw and Kendall. Walshaw has now scored 8 goals in 16 matches, not bad but I would have thought the bare minimum we should expect. He really has no support either. Speight looks OK (what I've seen of him), but is he going to score 20 goals in the remaining 26 games...? You know the answer to that one. He might get 7 or 8. Swain looks a decent player, but not a regular scorer at this level.

Would I be over-reacting to say that the club has already accepted that we are not going to be play off contenders, and is cutting its losses, salary wise. Interesting that Carole and Shiels are both from lower ranked leagues (a lot lower!), and will, presumably, have lower wages than Kendal land Killock (if he leaves).

My theory will be disproved if the club brings in another 'big name' striker I guess, but who are they going to get at this stage of the season.

Isn't this the same old story, good players come to the CNG and are magically transformed into mediocre ones? Remember Southwell? On loan to us last season, made very little impact, now with Boston United and scoring regularly. I rest my case.
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:30 pm

We need a ball playing central midfielder , I think that's the only real weakness in the playing staff available.

Lenighan didn't have his best game, but he's done okay in recent games. Issue is that he and Adam are very similar players and aren't great passers. We need more control in midfield IMO.

Post by Guest Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:18 am

Don't forget, we have Worsfold back soon too. Really looking forward to seeing Wally and Worsfold playing together in a 442.
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:19 am

TownUltra wrote:We need a ball playing central midfielder , I think that's the only real weakness in the playing staff available.

Lenighan didn't have his best game, but he's done okay in recent games. Issue is that he and Adam are very similar players and aren't great passers. We need more control in midfield IMO.

Well said- Lenighan was brought in to replace Anton Brown after playing very well against us for Bradford but we can now see how good Anton was- Bolder has never been replaced untill Featherstone briefly came along- We need a true midfielder to run the game but our management have never sorted this problem.
    Gareth192001

Post by Gareth192001 Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:50 pm

Got to disagree with the negative stuff towards Lenny the problem as I see is that we seemed to of signed many of the same kind of player. Adam Lenny and Kerry do the same kind of job press and win the ball but lack that creativity to do anything. The same thing with the attacking players all look like goal poachers except swain and ash who is still injured.
    But for me the single biggest thing is in 5 years how the hell have Harrogate not got a solid core of players that can grow with a couple of additions and 1 or 2 loans/youth players.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 3:06 pm