Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

4 posters

Some help for Simon!

Some help for Simon! Empty Some help for Simon!

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:49 am

Simon,

The general consensus from fans appears to be that you don't know what your best team is, so I thought I'd better help you out.

Your starting XI should look something like this:

1) Gonzalez
    2) Roma
    3) Shepherd
    4) Pell
    5) Bloomer
    6) Toner (c)
    7) Hadley
    Cool Bowey
    9) Armstrong
    10) Ellington
    11) Phillips

12) James
    13) Myers
    14) Nowakowski
    15) Foster

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you know what position everyone plays, but if not then please feel free to ask and I'll gladly help you out.

This is just a beginners guide, so we'll still need to discuss tactics, set pieces, etc.

Anyway, hope you find this useful.

Regards,

Guy

Last edited by town supporter on Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo!)
    Johnny
    Johnny

Some help for Simon! Empty Re: Some help for Simon!

Post by Johnny Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:17 pm

How to manage a football team

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:17 pm

This should be my team:
    1. Gonzalez, i would rather have Dootson back, but i defaintley know this aint the case for alot of reasons.
    2. Roma - Consistent Right back
    3. Shepherd - Id rather have a bigger left back, but at this minute hes a better player than James, gets stuck in and good forward runs.
    4. Picton - Hes a good player, just needs a string of games to get back to good form.
    5. A NEW CENTRE BACK - An experienced, consistent, no nonesense defender is what we need. Unlike Pell who is a very cagey centre back in my opinion.
    6. Nowakowski - Like the player, big and someone who throws himself in the air, unlike a few of are players, very good prospect.
    7. Toner - My favourite player in the Harrogate team, hes like a box to box midfielder, big and willing to get into tackles. Got a very good power shot on him, just hope we can keep this guy for more than this season.
    8. Bowey - Bit of an ijury hit season so far, but its only early doors and keep giving him a chance and may be he will show his class as he did in pre season.
    9. Armstrong - I do rate this guy, though despite his 7 Goals this year, i still dont think we are getting the best out of him, i just believe he has to put himself into the action more, like Hardy does.
    10. New Striker - Will be coming in this week.
    11. Wayne Phillips/Kyle Hadley - Phillips is a talented player and can produce the goods when needed. Just hope he will be back for Saturday.

Subs:
    Jordan Myers - Sub Keeper
    Matt Bloomer - Tries his best every game, but id rather see us give someone else a chance, e.g like i said a new defender.
    Martin Foster - Good player, but being played out of position and just lacks the skill factor.
    Kyle Hadley/Wayne Phillips
    Lee Ellington - I still personally believe he is Harrogates best player, along with Toner. Ellington is a quality player in this league, but needs a run of games which Weaver wasnt giving him cause of his injury, but now Hardy is out for season its his chance to shine, unless Weaver starts the new striker hes getting. Top Goalscorer he is.

There you go!
    sagalout

Post by sagalout Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:55 pm

town supporter wrote:

Your starting XI based on this weeks squad should look something like this:

Fixed for you - another 2 in this week haha Wink
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:01 pm

sagalout wrote:
    town supporter wrote:

Your starting XI based on this weeks squad should look something like this:

Fixed for you - another 2 in this week haha Wink

Yep, more loanees, I wonder who is for the chop this week though?

Maybe we should compile a "Not starting XI" Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 2:12 pm