Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

5 posters

Gainsborough who?

trevdee
    trevdee

Gainsborough who? Empty Gainsborough who?

Post by trevdee Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:07 pm

Got to say went to see Harrogate play Trinity yesterday and despite playing Elam right back, Clayton at left midfield, Nowakowski in midfield and Bloomer at the center of defense we played outstanding. So we play 60% of our normal team and completely outplay a team wanting promotion from the BSN.

Who's bothered about the FA Trophy when we got the 2nd round of the FA Cup next week? For what it is worth the lads went down to a dubious penalty and a breakaway goal in the last minute whilst we went full on attack and perhaps the first half I would say was fairly even, we had the majority of the ball in the second half and should have won the game to be honest. Infact it was almost a mirror image of when we played them in the league (dubious penalty and White getting sent off, only we failed to equalize).

Looking at their forum, they state we came to just to disrupt play and make it a scrappy game. Yes we kicked the s**t out of their players but we actually got the ball down and played really good football, and in my mind we outplayed a decent team whilst playing half of our first team so well done Harrogate!!

They can hopefully look on in envy after we beat Hastings and get a premier league draw in the 3rd round!!!!
    Ball and Socket

Gainsborough who? Empty Re: Gainsborough who?

Post by Ball and Socket Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:18 pm

Thanks trevdee. Great review of the game. ln a way losing will free up time to catch up on our league games and concentrate on the FA Cup. Hope the pitch is playable after the rainfall its soaked up. Glad Bishop Stortford game is off on Tuesday.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:45 pm

Yeah you could tell the players were mentally focused on the FA Cup game and who can blame them, hence why White probably retaliated to a bad challenge...It was a really entertaining game though and nice to see Bolder dominate the midfield ( the guy is a football genius at this level).

As for the pitch, god knows how it will be playable on Sat, given that the pitch was totally mashed up after the Vauxhall game, and we have had seriously wet weather since without getting chance to lay the cover...The beck near me has turned from a light flowing stream to a fast flowing river.

If I was a Hasting's fan and a betting man I would be looking at alternative midweek travel arrangements...And this will be a total shame to all concerned.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:40 am

Yes, can't see I was too upset about Saturday's result (FA Trophy next year Simon!), but a couple of things do concern me with Saturday's game in mind; we have stopped scoring (180 minutes now) and maybe we have lost the momentum we built up prior to the Stalybridge defeat. Hope it won't matter on Saturday but still...

Also I can't help but notice that our three Yorkshire rivals (Halifax, BPA and GUiseley), seem to be able to score goals for fun (14 between them on Saturday!), and have multiple strikers banging them in. Yes, Chib and Beesley have done the business so far, but after them we are thin in the striker department in my view. Danny Forrest hasn't really had a chance yet, but if you look at his record his goals per game ratio is not brilliant, I think that Allen is no longer the striker he was and Liam has to prove himself at BSN level. An injury (or loss of form) to either Chib or Beesley and I think we could be struggling.
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:07 pm

Whould love to get Danny H back from BPA or Reeves from Altrincham (but thats just a dream).... Chib and Holland up front whould be lethal Shocked maybe it can happen with the money we get from the FA Cup
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:32 pm

Nah, maybe Holland of old but from what I have seen of him this season he has lost his legs and we need someone quick (watched him BPA Vs Guiseley a few weeks back)....Now if someone told me we signed Scooby then I would be happy!
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:53 pm

trevdee wrote:Nah, maybe Holland of old but from what I have seen of him this season he has lost his legs and we need someone quick (watched him BPA Vs Guiseley a few weeks back)....Now if someone told me we signed Scooby then I would be happy!

My uncle is a PA fan and said he has done well for them this season.... 8 goals.... not sure who else tbh i liked the look of Yetton of Truro but that is massive move up north and not going to happen ....
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:10 pm

There is a number 11 (don't know his name) at Stalybridge and if I was Weaver senior with all my millions, plus FA Cup money then I would sign him at whatever cost. If Stalybridge had our midfield they would walk this league.

Yea I doubt Holland has lost his touch and finishing ability but I do feel we need pace.
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:45 pm

I whould also like us to sign our loanees and what position does this Leeds lad play anyone know??
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:52 pm

I think Lewis Turner can play all across the middle, so it gives Weaver a lot of options.

He will be a good addition, thats for sure.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:12 am