Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+5
TheNeil29
Gareth192001
CCOB
Championship Manager
Chips97
9 posters

Injury updates

Injury updates - Page 2 Empty Re: Injury updates

Post by Guest Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:59 pm

Lewis Coyle is now injured. Whilst I don't agree that injuries is a suitable excuse, we have not had the best of luck in this department.

Good job we have the international break to allow us extra recovery time Wink

Post by Guest Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

sad news indeed

although Lenighan has now served his suspension.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:29 pm

So, now that Lenighan has served his suspension, I'm safely assuming if he plays against Worcester, Killock will be dropped to the bench again.

Post by Guest Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:47 pm

I would rather have Killock playing than Lenighan. If Killock is dropped for the Worcester game, it would be an absolute joke!

Post by Guest Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:13 pm

Depending on the knock Killer had at Trinity, although he looked in good shape afterwards in the Bar, very sore though, but no match until the 18th gives the lads some recovery time.

Blooms probably in for Coyle, although Franks is looking fitter and fitter, and he was running full lengths of the pitch for nearly 20 minutes before the match on Tuesday night with Lenighan, and Turner too.

I think Lenighan would work well with Featherstone.

But there's too much assuming and guess work going on here.

Last edited by CraigHurle on Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : crap spelling sorry.)
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:37 pm

No, there isn't any guesswork at all Craig. Whenever Lenighan plays, Killock won't. We all know the reason why.

Lenighan and Featherstone may work well together, but then we all also thought promotion was a possibility at the start of the season as well with all the players we have signed, not a relegation battle.

And don't give me the injuries excuse, because it isn't an excuse, and a lot of fans share the same opinion.

You stay positive Craig, because there is only a small handful of fans who think Simon is still the right man, and one of them is you. All the people I speak to, some who have been following town for 40+ years all say Simon isn't good enough and want him out.

And to add, the board of directors only understand Simon and Macca because Irving is the Chairman. Any other Chairman in charge, the board of directors would not be so understanding and would probably vote to sack them.

Post by Guest Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:54 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:No, there isn't any guesswork at all Craig. Whenever Lenighan plays, Killock won't. We all know the reason why.

That's a big assumption Neil. You might think you know the reason why, but I suggest a little chat with Killer and Si because those guys are mates, heck! Killer named Si a Man of the Match on the radio too recently.

[/quote]Lenighan and Featherstone may work well together, but then we all also thought promotion was a possibility at the start of the season as well with all the players we have signed, not a relegation battle. [/quote]
    Yes, losing Worsfold, Kendall, Speight & Turner so early into the season did not help.

[/quote]And don't give me the injuries excuse, because it isn't an excuse, and a lot of fans share the same opinion.[/quote]

I do not have to follow a 'collective' view to have my own opinion, and I am not personally giving you it as a excuse, for me, the team dynamics are constantly changing to cope with injuries. That's no excuse but fact. Rachel has been amazing, she's working constantly to get the lads back for the gaffer. A lot of fans might share your opinion on here Neil, for sure, it's vocal and passionate on here, and totally understandable.

[/quote] You stay positive Craig, because there is only a small handful of fans who think Simon is still the right man, and one of them is you. All the people I speak to, some who have been following town for 40+ years all say Simon isn't good enough and want him out. [/quote]

Yes, I will. I do not believe it's over until it's over, nor impossible, until the maths say otherwise. You really do not need to keep mentioning 'all the fans' & 'a lot of fans' to back up your opinion, I do not need to run off names or speak as a 'collective' to believe in my own opinion. If my voice was a lone voice, I'd still have a opinion, Thanks for allowing me to stay positive though  Wink

Everyone's entitled to have a view point and that's pretty damn cool really to be honest. Good Luck to all the lads out injured and to Rachel, helping them on the road to full fitness and recovery!

Soon be Christmas! And looking at Worsfold, I see hunger in his eyes.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:34 pm

Craig. It's not an assumption, it is fact. Obviously what said in the public domain and private thoughts are 2 different things and I strongly believe that the private thoughts are a lot different. I believe that between now and the end of the season that you won't see then both on the same pitch.

We have more than suitable cover for injuries Craig. That is why you have a squad of players. The injuries is not an excuse, and I'm aware that the physio has been a busy person and she is obviously coping very well, but injuries should not affect a team dynamic. The manager should be consistent with this, but as he cannot motivate his players, plays players out of position and is tactically inept, there is no team dynamic.

You probably are one of the only people that believe he is the right man, but he isn't, and sooner rather than later, Irving will lose patience, and he will sell up. I can assure you of that.

Post by Guest Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:13 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:Craig. It's not an assumption, it is fact. Obviously what said in the public domain and private thoughts are 2 different things and I strongly believe that the private thoughts are a lot different. I believe that between now and the end of the season that you won't see then both on the same pitch.

Neil, that really is an assumption, however much you think you know, and me too for that matter, assuming things that hasn't yet happened, is well, you know, assumption

TheNeil29 wrote:We have more than suitable cover for injuries Craig. That is why you have a squad of players. The injuries is not an excuse, and I'm aware that the physio has been a busy person and she is obviously coping very well, but injuries should not affect a team dynamic. The manager should be consistent with this, but as he cannot motivate his players, plays players out of position and is tactically inept, there is no team dynamic.

Yes, Simon has brought players in to deal with injuries such as Emmett, who now himself is injured, and Coyle, who again, himself is injured as well, so I stand by my opinion, that it does change team dynamics, when injuries force changes on a team nearly every week, losing 3 of the 4 attacking players at the beginning of the season, that hurt the team badly, but the lads played on and gave everything they had

TheNeil29 wrote: You probably are one of the only people that believe he is the right man, but he isn't, and sooner rather than later, Irving will lose patience, and he will sell up. I can assure you of that.

Not the only man, No. Maybe on here, this is a vocal, passionate forum, and it reflects pretty much a collective bunch of supporters on the same wavelength, but not all supporters, not everyone in the ground or stands. I might be a single voice on here, and I'm ok with that. I believe very much in keeping positive, in never giving up, in always looking on the bright side and where's there is hope, we have a chance still. I believe in the gaffer, the players, behind the scenes like Rachel and Ged, for example. I love this Club, like most of you do, it's a long journey ahead still, plenty to play for.

Post by Guest Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:39 pm

You are right Craig. Let's all be positive and between us I think we can fend off relegation.
    developer1

Post by developer1 Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:00 am

He is consistent though:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and so on
    and so on
    and so on

This is my favourite from 1 Nov 2009:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Elsewhere Weaver bemoaned: "The performance at times lacked personalities in the team.

"I don't expect midfielders to lose 50-50s and I expect forwards to have more spark than they've shown.

"They can do it in training when the pressure's off. It's not like they're going to be given a good hiding every time they misplace a pass."

Weaver has recruited a vast array of players in the last few weeks with many coming and going, and it looks as though that policy will continue in the short-term as he tries to assemble a competitive squad.

"It comes to a point where you're watching dragged shots and shots off target, lackadaisical efforts at times. Clueless. I've got to do something about it," he said.

"You can't keep encouraging lads to step up to this level. They're not going to, some of them.
    > Seems to include you, eh Simon?

"We've got to hurt teams and I'm doing something about that with the personnel."
    > Primarily your own, with you being there, you fool

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Post by Guest Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:06 am

JordanF wrote:You are right Craig. Let's all be positive and between us I think we can fend off relegation.

I think there's a lot more football to come and a lot more surprises to come, as for fending off relegation, the lads haven't given up hope on reaching the play offs yet...... Neither have I. Wink

Nothing wrong with thinking positive bounce bounce bounce
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:11 am

Does anyone know the situation is with that other 'matter' Lenighan has to deal with? Has the trial resumed?
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:46 pm

Nothing wrong with thinking positively Craig, but I dont think the situation is likely to improve anytime soon.

I have made my views perfectly clear on Simon, but let me re-iterate this: He is an extremely nice bloke, and he always makes time to speak to the fans when he can, however, I do think he has a good future as a Coach, or a Number 2 at a higher level club. But I just dont believe he has got the X Factor you need to be a manager.

When I look at the team, and i'm not questioning their professionalism in anyway whatsoever, but they just look devoid of confidence and motivated enough. That is the manager's problem.

You address those 2 issues, and results will improve. Do I believe Simon is the man to motivate them? No, I dont.

I would like to see what Phill Lee thinks of the current mental state and confidence of the squad. It would certainly be interesting to get his analysis on this.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:54 pm

paulstreet wrote:Does anyone know the situation is with that other 'matter' Lenighan has to deal with?  Has the trial resumed?

It keeps getting delayed or adjourned for another day/date.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:57 am