Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+5
TheNeil29
Gareth192001
CCOB
Championship Manager
Chips97
9 posters

Injury updates

Injury updates Empty Injury updates

Post by Guest Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:25 am

Injury Update 07 Oct 2014 . | Harrogate Town AFC

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Swain and Emmett added to the injury list.

Injury updates Empty Re: Injury updates

Post by Guest Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:34 am

Whatever people say about injuries being a excuse, when you have 7 players out, and 1 suspended, it will affect any team dynamic. Shame about Emmett has he was a revelation on Saturday. Good Luck to both Swain and Emmett on their road to recoveries.

Good Luck Town this evening, and to the returning Walshaw..... Smile
    Chips97

Post by Chips97 Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:55 am

Sorry Craig but injuries are no excuse! Simon has enough players in his squad to deal with any injuries that occur! Weaver has used this excuse since 2009 and It's just not good enough! Let's see how tonight goes but yesterday bottom of the league Hyde were able to draw 3-3 with Chorley...!
    Championship Manager
    Championship Manager

Post by Championship Manager Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:03 pm

That list has been released 2 days after the last disappointing result and the morning of probably the next disappointing result in order to back up Simons claims of Injuries being the reason for these poor displays. The reality is that its Simons inability to pick and motive a starting 11 causes these results.

I'm sorry Craig but in all the time that Simon has been in charge we have never had a Team Dynamic, just a bunch of footballers doing their best to play football. Invariably we win games because players such as Woods/Bolder/Knowles/Ash/Wally/Brown etc go above and beyond with performances that give us a glimpse of what should be achieved but after 2/3 games that glimpse is a distant memory.

This is not an appraisal on the current squad or previous squads but an honest appraisal on the current managerial set up. Until that changes we will never achieve anything over a full season. I will be there tonight cheering the team on hoping for a win but there is only so much longer I'm willing to pay the £12 to support a team managed by the Chairmans son.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:21 pm

Chips97 wrote:yesterday bottom of the league Hyde were able to draw 3-3 with Chorley...!

Worth mentioning Chorley's 2 red cards and it being a home match for Hyde.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:26 pm

As much as people say it is a excuse, it is also a reality of the current situation. With the further additions of 2 players out injured in both Swain and Emmett, it is a welcome return for Wally for sure. Disappointing news on McGurk, and Turner, nice to know Worsfold is improving all the time, and Lenighan returns after tonight's match.
    CCOB

Post by CCOB Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:27 pm

Assuming Walshaw makes it back tonight i make it 6 players out with injuries,
    Swain
    Emmett
    McGurk
    Turner
    Worsfold
    Crook
    of those 6 i would only class 3 as 1st team regulars (McGurk, Turner & Worsfold). The other 3 are squad players.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:42 pm

Walshaw is down to return tonight yes, but will have a late fitness test this evening. Lenighan is also out this evening suspended, his last match out.
    Chips97

Post by Chips97 Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:45 pm

CraigHurle wrote:
    Chips97 wrote:yesterday bottom of the league Hyde were able to draw 3-3 with Chorley...!

Worth mentioning Chorley's 2 red cards and it being a home match for Hyde.

Worth mentioning the 2 red cards came in the last 2 mins of the game! It would have finished 3-2 to Chorley otherwise yes but still they managed to score 2 before that and concede 3 unlike us who conceded 4! Craig Just admit that we're not good enough for promotion at all!!! We will be lucky to survive relegation!

CCOB wrote:Assuming Walshaw makes it back tonight i make it 6 players out with injuries,
    Swain
    Emmett
    McGurk
    Turner
    Worsfold
    Crook
    of those 6 i would only class 3 as 1st team regulars (McGurk, Turner & Worsfold). The other 3 are squad players.
    100% agree!
    Championship Manager
    Championship Manager

Post by Championship Manager Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:22 pm

CraigHurle wrote:As much as people say it is a excuse, it is also a reality of the current situation. With the further additions of 2 players out injured in both Swain and Emmett, it is a welcome return for Wally for sure. Disappointing news on McGurk, and Turner, nice to know Worsfold is improving all the time, and Lenighan returns after tonight's match.

The reality of the current situation is that we have a tactically inept manager. A manager is expected to manage the team in all situations, good and bad. If we are struggling on the injury front, then set the team up defensively and look to nick a goal, especially away from home, we could still play attractive football. Play a back four that is match fit, why was Bloomer on the bench? We could even use Adam at centre back but I guess his best position is up front!

Then when we have a strong squad we can go for the big results, but because of our lack of ability to be consistent we are always having to chase results. You can have results or excuses but not both!
    Gareth192001

Post by Gareth192001 Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:24 pm

Blaming injuries is the same as calling the rest of the squad ****. Why sign squad players who aren't good enough???? Craig stick to Dr Who
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:25 pm

Gareth192001 wrote:Blaming injuries is the same as calling the rest of the squad ****. Why sign squad players who aren't good enough???? Craig stick to Dr Who

lol! lol! lol!
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:40 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:
    Gareth192001 wrote:Blaming injuries is the same as calling the rest of the squad ****. Why sign squad players who aren't good enough???? Craig stick to Dr Who

lol! lol! lol!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Post by Guest Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:47 pm

Think you need to quit making half truths out of my posts, at no point did I even say that, I just said the number of injuries and inclusion of one suspension, would affect any team dynamics, losing 2 of our youngest, brightest players in Swain and Emmett is a blow, but thankfully Wally is back this evening.

As for sticking to Doctor Who, I am, and I do, got a lovely invitational to New York next year to take part in a convention, expenses paid, and the only reason I am going is because, thankfully, it's late June. Otherwise, I would not be going, because like Doctor Who, this Club means so much to me, as it does to you too, and others here supporting it, we might have different views, opinions, and ideas, and I know a lot of the fans are hurting right now, I am too, I'm hurting because I really feel for the lads and gaffer, I'd love a string of results and wins, starting tonight.

Good Luck Lads, welcome back Wally!

Post by Guest Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:54 pm

rangerider wrote:
    TheNeil29 wrote:

lol! lol! lol!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
    Gareth192001

Post by Gareth192001 Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:36 pm

Must be a first in football that a team has injuries erm I think not. Your views Craig are so blinkered it's laughable. Good sides cope with injuries it should allow other players to come forward puff the chests out and fight for a place. But no the manager blames injuries no one other then the starting eleven is good enough. Bullsh*t. It's all wrong
    pontifex532

Post by pontifex532 Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:56 pm

I may have missed it but can somebody tell me what happened to Chris Hall after his injury?

Post by Guest Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:17 pm

pontifex532 wrote:I may have missed it but can somebody tell me what happened to Chris Hall after his injury?

Still healing, should know more around Spring time.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:25 pm

[/quote="Gareth192001"]Must be a first in football that a team has injuries erm I think not. Your views Craig are so blinkered it's laughable. Good sides cope with injuries it should allow other players to come forward puff the chests out and fight for a place. But no the manager blames injuries no one other then the starting eleven is good enough. Bullsh*t. It's all wrong [/quote]

It's not being used as a excuse, but it does affect the team with so many injuries, and yes, it's a time when others step forward, like Saturday, such as young Jack Emmett, and Louis Swain, who are now also both injured too, thanks to some heavy tackles from Chorley lads. That's why he brought in Featherstone and Coyle with long term injuries to McGurk and Turner.

I respect your opinion Gareth though. I understand what you are saying.

Good Luck Lads once more and again, and C'mon Wally!

Post by Guest Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:30 pm

Chips97 wrote: Craig Just admit that we're not good enough for promotion at all!!! We will be lucky to survive relegation!

No mate, because it's not what I believe in and I can't change my view to suit a 'crowd' or 'collective' opinion. It's whats makes us all different, respecting each others views and thoughts, like I do always with you mate, loving your formation for example for tonight. Please don't ask me to admit mate something I do not believe in. Thanks Man, see you tonight.

C'mon Town! #UpTheTown OOOoooHhhhhh Toooowwwn!
    Gareth192001

Post by Gareth192001 Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:39 pm

Like anything in life a good team is always better then the sum of its parts (players). A team should have a direction and method of play or even a few. That style should remain even if I play. The style hasn't been effected by injuries it's just rubbish.
    the players we have can play football God knows what Kerry and Lenny must think might as well play 5-0-5 with a no mans land midfield.
    It's call FOOTball for a reason
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:00 pm

Injuries are no excuse. That is what you have a squad of players for. If there are so many injuries, maybe they need to look at how they train the players. McGurk and Turner are not long term. McGurk is 2 weeks and Turner is 2 weeks. Not exactly long term. The simple fact of the matter is that Simon is just not the right person, and whoever thinks he is, is just plain and simply deluded. I know exactly how it is all going to pan out in the next 18-24 months.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:16 am

It also ignores the fact that every team has injuries, Guiseley, for example, have had key players missing, yet look were they are in the league. Its a pathetic excuse. As has been said only Turner and McGurk are first team players anyway. Those of us who have endured the whole 5 years of this shambles know that Simon has a bellyful of excuses to pull out of the hat, at the moment its 'injuries'.

Post by Guest Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:30 pm

The excuses about injures frustrates me so.much.

Look at Van Gaal at Man United. They have suffered a lot of injures. Do the press come out and blame their poor form on injures? No! They are putting pressure on the manager for not signing cover when he had the opportunity.

TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:32 pm

Jordan, there are only 2 people that we know of are using injuries as an excuse. Everyone else has said so far that they arent an excuse at all. 1 in particular is just blaming everything and everyone else, but themselves.

Those 2 individuals are deluded, quite simply. No-one is saying that it wouldnt have an effect on a team, but that is what you have a squad for.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:15 am