Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+11
CCOB
rangerider
A1 drifter
Innocent Bystander
KatSwinn
OllieRiley
thetallaccountant
nztownfan
Gareth192001
TheNeil29
iand1957
15 posters

Today's Game

iand1957

Today's Game Empty Today's Game

Post by iand1957 Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:59 pm

Can somebody please remined me why I keep turning up.
    TheNeil29

Today's Game Empty Re: Today's Game

Post by TheNeil29 Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:17 pm

Was it really that bad?
    Gareth192001

Post by Gareth192001 Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:20 pm

Yes pure rubbish long ball after long ball counted 35 passes in 30 mins in the second half
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:34 pm

It was terrible. Long ball is shite to watch especially when its ineffective (as it has been for years under Weaver)

I decided to come back as it was the FA Cup and Railway were away. Not coming back this season I don't think (unless someone informs me the style has changed)

600 attendence of which 2/300 were Stockport?? The crowds are starting to dissipate after the start of season optomism.
    thetallaccountant
    thetallaccountant

Post by thetallaccountant Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:52 pm

The crowds are certainly drifting away - and who can blame them?
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:56 pm

I have always said that the only way things will change is if fans vote with their feet. Wait until winter when they are playing in front of 150 people on a cold Tuesday night, because everyone will prefer to stay in and watch football on TV, instead of the apparent dross that was served today. So glad I decided to spend the day with the family instead.
    OllieRiley
    OllieRiley

Post by OllieRiley Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:04 pm

If Weaver thinks we are going to get anywhere by playing hoof-ball then he's got another thing coming! Stockport weren't even that good, we were just dreadful. Why can't we set-up to play to our strengths? It's not working I'm afraid, it's falling apart. Also, were was Killock? Heath was poor today and the only reason why Franks is in the team is because of his long throw up to Callum Hassan, who by the way, didn't look like he wanted to be there.

We never learn! Sort it out Weaver!
    iand1957

Post by iand1957 Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:10 pm

As Ollie says it was absolute rubbish i don't really know why they have a midfield as i'm sure they must end up with a crick in there necks watching it go forwards & backwards over their heads.. As for Hassan other than the 1st 5 mins was a waste of space..
    Gareth192001

Post by Gareth192001 Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:22 pm

Clueless rather stay at home at the moment. Feel sorry for the players lack of options poorly set up utter rubbish seen better football at Sunday league standard
    KatSwinn

Post by KatSwinn Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:33 pm

Not good enough. As has already been said there were too many long/diagonal balls. We didn't have any width. What's the point in having good ball players such as Nelly, Dean and Kerry if we don't use them! Equally what's the point of playing 4 narrow in midfield when this means there's no width or crosses coming in. Too much emphasis on using Hassan as a battering ram. Stockport weren't great but we gave them the goals. Something has to change
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:50 pm

Kat, something has to change, and we all know what needs to change, but whilst Irving is in charge, it won't happen.

Attendances will dwindle in due course. The fans have lost faith in Simon. Apart from the odd deluded individual. We need a new Chairman, who is unbiased, and that in turn will require a new manager.

Simon, your time is up. You know it. Do the honourable thing before you embarrass yourself and this club anymore than you already have.
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:04 pm

Perhaps a protest or something?? Its a rubbish idea really but I think fans need to put pressure on Simon in the hope he goes Sad
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:06 pm

I am told James Walshaw shook his head more times than he had touches on the ball!

Less than 250 Towns fans there today for a juicy FA Cup tie

Strangely, I am not too fussed about losing in the cup - a club I love is being taken into the dark ages by a coaching team that does not understand how to build, nurture and enthuse a team

KatSwinn

Post by KatSwinn Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:35 pm

I think we can agree that drastic changes are needed
    Gareth192001

Post by Gareth192001 Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:48 pm

His post match interview on website was utter rubbish if he works on that in training clearly Ufea A was pointless getting.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:21 pm

The Optra data is saying that Hassan covered 412 metres during the game
    And that Killock was our best player!

Shane - we need you - lead a coup, man the barricades
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:02 pm

I didn't think Stockport were all that good - have seen better sides at the CNG this year - and for the first ten minutes thought we might beat them. Then reality sunk in. The sickening thing is that they are in the hat on Monday and we are not.

F A Trophy anyone?

rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:35 pm

This was the biggest load of rubbish i have seen since our last home game and the only people to blame is our manager  the only way to save our season is to get rid and bring in a management team who can actually get the best out of these players as its plain to see we are going from bad to worse the football is dire, why are we the only team in this league that plays hoof ball? i have seen all our home games this season so far and i have seen ONE win and we where lucky with that, last season the Stockport manager resigned after a poor showing against us our manager should do the same before the the fans vote with their feet it won't take long for the gates to drop, its no good winning away games then losing at home we don't get any finance from the away gates its the home fans who give us the finance and when that drops cost cutting will be the only way unless Irving throws more money at it but would you give him more money? i know i wouldn't
    OllieRiley
    OllieRiley

Post by OllieRiley Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:18 am

Simon weaver - "We had 18 corners and many more free-kicks and crosses but we didn't take advantage of any." Exactly! So surely it's clear that just lumping the ball into the opposition's penalty box is NOT the way to go! We never learn! Why can't we pass it anymore? We've got all of these superstars and we are playing hoof-ball. You don't even need an amazing squad to make the playoffs at this level. We nearly made it and got a brilliant cup run two years ago with an average squad, but we played entertaining football and kept it on the deck.

The fact that we brought in Hassan from a lower league sums it all up. From what I saw of him yesterday, he's useless. Town haven't come to play this season, not so far anyway. What about Kendall? What about Speight? Stop repeatedly changing the team week in week out and start playing with proper FOOTBALLERS and play proper FOOTBALL.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:35 am

Fantastic post Ollie - sadly Town management usually keep a distance from this forum - there is a deep insecurity about them if they cannot see what is going on. Perhaps the senior players don't have enough balls to force a change or they are happy to take the money and forget about the result by 11pm on a Saturday night.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:34 am

What frustrates me the most is that people pay their hard earned money to watch an under-strength team. Why is the club captain, and arguably the best defender, sat on the bench. There has obviously been a disagreement between player and management but that really should be put to one side. Franks is not fit, anyone can see that, and at the moment, he should be nowhere near the first team.
    CCOB

Post by CCOB Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:28 am

Ollie the reason you thought Callum Hassan was useless yesterday is because we never actually passed the ball to him, we just hoofed it in his general direction. In my opinion he needs balls played into his feet & body to enable him to link up the play & help us build up attacks.
    There is no point getting on individual players backs.
    The style of football & the narrowing of the pitch are the main issues this season not the abilities of individual players.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:32 pm

Taken from the "All things Stockport County site

County secured a place in Monday`s FA Cup draw with an excellent 2-1 win in North Yorkshire against Harrogate Town, thanks to goals from the returning Richie Baker and ace sniffer of trifles Kristian Dennis.
    If the first goal was arguably against the run of play, there was no doubting in the end that County were worthy winners. Yes...... County did have a fair bit of pressure to absorb in the 90 odd minutes, but much of it was instigated by balls of the high and hopeful variety from Town, who looked a poor replica of the team that humbled us at the same venue early last term.
    j2021

Post by j2021 Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:56 pm

Very, very disappointing.
    Turned up for the 2nd half (as i had to work until half 3) excited looking forward to seeing some FA Cup football at the CNG Stadium. I just got more frustrated as the game went on.

The last 10 minutes with pace and wingers we looked better but the rest of the half I spend most of it in disbelief.

It just seems to be hit and hope for a flick on. Yes, once or twice a game you might get lucky and find a way through but you need more of a tactic than that. It's so easily readable. The tall central defender just followed Hassan making it hard for him to win anything. Despite Hassan's height I'm pretty certain he would prefer the ball to feet. Feel sorry for the strikers.

And for what it's worth. SHANE KILLOCK?! CLUB CAPTAIN, WHAT'S HE DOING ON THE BENCH?!?!? Him and McGurk are our best central defence. Heath and Franks must be one of the slowest defensive partnerships in the history of our club. Franks in particular is clearly hugely unfit.

As a loyal fan I'll be there week in week out.
    But for the more casual fans, they won't.
    Attendances are going to drop perilously low.
    Must get better and fast.
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:30 am

Simple Simon says on radio York that they work at set pieces a lot- just shows something is wrong because we never look like scoring- Have we ever scored from that long throw?
    He must be telling them to hoof the ball downfield to our secret weapon Hassan who is useless in the air but is ok with the ball at his feet.
    Its about time Simon gave a statement about Killock or be man enough to settle their differences. We need Killock !!
    Barnes is unbelievably stupid to not start throwing the ball out instead of his useless long kicks which is giving the ball away.
    We also need proper wing play to get behind the opposition to supply the crosses.
    We are better out of the cup so we can concentrate on getting relegated.
    I'm gutted how this season is shaping

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:08 am