Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

.

    todays game

    Share

    NOT YOU

    Posts : 16
    Join date : 2015-01-10

    todays game

    Post by NOT YOU on Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:39 am

    Sleep whos going to hyde in hyde will town win might go lol!

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: todays game

    Post by Guest on Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:55 pm

    Poor game. Should have won. Their keeper being motm sums it up.

    yorkiebar

    Posts : 89
    Join date : 2014-05-18

    Re: todays game

    Post by yorkiebar on Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:47 pm

    question to be answered, why was,nt the top scorer in this team not only not playing ,but why was he not put on to finish the game off, is it true the rumour that other teams in this league have asked to take wally on loan , but simple simon would be too embarrased if he did well , whats your take on this ged , or will you hide as usual on any thing contreversial at this club

    yorkiebar

    Posts : 89
    Join date : 2014-05-18

    Re: todays game

    Post by yorkiebar on Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:48 pm

    ps , whats happened to speighty

    TheNeil29

    Posts : 2367
    Join date : 2009-09-22
    Location : Harrogate

    Re: todays game

    Post by TheNeil29 on Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:47 am

    yorkiebar wrote:question to be answered, why was,nt the top scorer in this team not only not playing ,but why was he not put on to finish the game off, is it true the rumour that other teams in this league have asked to take wally on loan , but simple simon would be too embarrased if he did well , whats your take on this ged , or will you hide as usual on any thing contreversial at this club

    The simple fact of the matter is that Walshaw is a real quality player. But Simon has lost faith in him. For whatever reason, I do not know and I dont care.

    I would be of the opinion that other clubs in this League will have asked to take him on loan, but I'm hoping Simon has clicked on not to give rivals an advantage now at the third time of asking. After loaning Kerry and Killock to rivals.

    If I was Simon, there is no way on this planet I would give a divisional rival an advantage. But when the team is performing the way they are, giving the form of Thewlis and Clayton, it is difficult to give Wally a look in. Wally will be aware of this and will accept it.

    Our last ten games (all comps) is W6, D2, L2. In the last ten games (VCN) is also W6, D2, L2. The current form suggests that he doesnt really need to fix what isn't broken. The current squad is performing, and performing well. I hope it continues.
    avatar
    paulstreet

    Posts : 2316
    Join date : 2009-06-19
    Age : 70
    Location : Kirkstall/Headingley

    Re: todays game

    Post by paulstreet on Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:59 am

    Neil is right here, although I must confess I have been abit surprised that Walshaw has been so completely frozen out, hardly getting on as a sub now at all. But I guess Walshaw will put this season down to experience and sign for someone else next season, the pay packet wil have eased his pain somewhat!

    TheNeil29

    Posts : 2367
    Join date : 2009-09-22
    Location : Harrogate

    Re: todays game

    Post by TheNeil29 on Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:24 am

    I think the situation with Walshaw has surprised a lot of fans, given the fanfare that surrounded his signing at the start of the season and the salary he has commanded also.

    I was certainly expecting a lot, lot better from Walshaw, but he will go elsewhere next season, to a divisional rival, for the same money (if figures are to be believed).

    It would not surprise me if he ended up back at Guiseley, or even BPA, who have just been taken over by a multi-billionaire.

    gedmaloney

    Posts : 700
    Join date : 2009-07-14

    Re: todays game

    Post by gedmaloney on Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:15 pm

    yorkiebar wrote:question to be answered, why was,nt the top scorer in this team not only not playing ,but why was he not put on to finish the game off, is it true the rumour that other teams in this league have asked to take wally on loan , but simple simon would be too embarrased if he did well , whats your take on this ged , or will you hide as usual on any thing contreversial at this club


    :DYorkie bar, just as well I don't take things personally. We've conducted a forum, albeit initially to supporters club members and season ticket holders.
    I then offered to discuss various issues with TS and he decided against communication. I am now booked in to speak with Carefree on Saturday to discuss a variety of issues - hardly the actions of someone hiding so let me extend the same offer to you at the following home match - if you are up for the discussion 1pm prior to the game in the 1919 venue - look forward to hearing from you.


    yorkiebar

    Posts : 89
    Join date : 2014-05-18

    Re: todays game

    Post by yorkiebar on Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:30 pm

    gedmaloney wrote:
    yorkiebar wrote:question to be answered, why was,nt the top scorer in this team not only not playing ,but why was he not put on to finish the game off, is it true the rumour that other teams in this league have asked to take wally on loan , but simple simon would be too embarrased if he did well , whats your take on this ged , or will you hide as usual on any thing contreversial at this club


    :DYorkie bar, just as well I don't take things personally. We've conducted a forum, albeit initially to supporters club members and season ticket holders.
    I then offered to discuss various issues with TS and he decided against communication. I am now booked in to speak with Carefree on Saturday to discuss a variety of issues - hardly the actions of someone hiding so let me extend the same offer to you at the following home match - if you are up for the discussion 1pm prior to the game in the 1919 venue - look forward to hearing from you.

    will be on hols this next week , but theres nothing to stop you answering , the questions on walshaw.

    TheNeil29

    Posts : 2367
    Join date : 2009-09-22
    Location : Harrogate

    Re: todays game

    Post by TheNeil29 on Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:34 am

    yorkiebar wrote:
    gedmaloney wrote:
    yorkiebar wrote:question to be answered, why was,nt the top scorer in this team not only not playing ,but why was he not put on to finish the game off, is it true the rumour that other teams in this league have asked to take wally on loan , but simple simon would be too embarrased if he did well , whats your take on this ged , or will you hide as usual on any thing contreversial at this club


    :DYorkie bar, just as well I don't take things personally. We've conducted a forum, albeit initially to supporters club members and season ticket holders.
    I then offered to discuss various issues with TS and he decided against communication. I am now booked in to speak with Carefree on Saturday to discuss a variety of issues - hardly the actions of someone hiding so let me extend the same offer to you at the following home match - if you are up for the discussion 1pm prior to the game in the 1919 venue - look forward to hearing from you.

    will be on hols this next week , but theres nothing to stop you answering , the questions on walshaw.

    Yorkie,

    The reason why Walshaw is not playing is due to the form of Clayton and Thewlis, and even further so, now that Clayton has added goals to his repertoire, it makes Simon's decision about his first choice pairing all the easier.

    It can be argued that Walshaw or Speight should start, or be bought on in the later stages of games to nick a goal, but based on current form, there is no need for change.

    Both Speight and Walshaw are in the same boat. Clayton and Thewlis are the preferred up front combination currently. Thats not a slight on the abilities of Wally and Speight, but Clayton and Thewlis have grasped their opportunity with both hands and quite rightly so.

    If the current first 11 keep impressing, I can see a relatively big squad exodus at the end of this season.

    yorkiebar

    Posts : 89
    Join date : 2014-05-18

    Re: todays game

    Post by yorkiebar on Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:57 am

    TheNeil29 wrote:
    yorkiebar wrote:
    gedmaloney wrote:
    yorkiebar wrote:question to be answered, why was,nt the top scorer in this team not only not playing ,but why was he not put on to finish the game off, is it true the rumour that other teams in this league have asked to take wally on loan , but simple simon would be too embarrased if he did well , whats your take on this ged , or will you hide as usual on any thing contreversial at this club


    :DYorkie bar, just as well I don't take things personally. We've conducted a forum, albeit initially to supporters club members and season ticket holders.
    I then offered to discuss various issues with TS and he decided against communication. I am now booked in to speak with Carefree on Saturday to discuss a variety of issues - hardly the actions of someone hiding so let me extend the same offer to you at the following home match - if you are up for the discussion 1pm prior to the game in the 1919 venue - look forward to hearing from you.

    will be on hols this next week , but theres nothing to stop you answering , the questions on walshaw.

    Yorkie,

    The reason why Walshaw is not playing is due to the form of Clayton and Thewlis, and even further so, now that Clayton has added goals to his repertoire, it makes Simon's decision about his first choice pairing all the easier.

    It can be argued that Walshaw or Speight should start, or be bought on in the later stages of games to nick a goal, but based on current form, there is no need for change.

    Both Speight and Walshaw are in the same boat. Clayton and Thewlis are the preferred up front combination currently. Thats not a slight on the abilities of Wally and Speight, but Clayton and Thewlis have grasped their opportunity with both hands and quite rightly so.

    If the current first 11 keep impressing, I can see a relatively big squad exodus at the end of this season.
    so what you are saying is walshaw is the least likely to get on as sub, and (simple) would rather have speight or rowe on 1st, this team are not going up or down , so what is the problem on him going on loan, wont it save the club (£800) a week lol! lol! lol! , i will laugh my head off when he bites us in the arse next season

    TheNeil29

    Posts : 2367
    Join date : 2009-09-22
    Location : Harrogate

    Re: todays game

    Post by TheNeil29 on Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:19 am

    The reasons why he wont go out on loan is simple:

    1. Simon wont allow it, having learnt his lesson with Kerry and Killock.
    2. Walshaw is reasonably local, I believe commuting would be factored into this. I cant see him going to any local rivals for the remainder of the season (BPA, Guiseley etc...)
    3. Even if a club in the VCP were to take an interest, I would assume that they dont see him as a player worth that wage, if in fact that is what we are paying him.
    3. I doubt any other club in the VCN will take on another hefty salary at this time of season.
    4. Simon still sees him as a preferred bench option, as he does with Speight and Rowe (both useless, as they are).

    If Wally was to play against us next season, and score. I dont think Simon will lose too much sleep over it.

    If I was to hazard a guess, I can see him at either Guiseley, Altrincham, Halifax or BPA next season.

    yorkiebar

    Posts : 89
    Join date : 2014-05-18

    Re: todays game

    Post by yorkiebar on Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:30 am

    TheNeil29 wrote:The reasons why he wont go out on loan is simple:

    1. Simon wont allow it, having learnt his lesson with Kerry and Killock.
    2. Walshaw is reasonably local, I believe commuting would be factored into this. I cant see him going to any local rivals for the remainder of the season (BPA, Guiseley etc...)
    3. Even if a club in the VCP were to take an interest, I would assume that they dont see him as a player worth that wage, if in fact that is what we are paying him.
    3. I doubt any other club in the VCN will take on another hefty salary at this time of season.
    4. Simon still sees him as a preferred bench option, as he does with Speight and Rowe (both useless, as they are).

    If Wally was to play against us next season, and score. I dont think Simon will lose too much sleep over it.

    If I was to hazard a guess, I can see him at either Guiseley, Altrincham, Halifax or BPA next season.
    i agree about speight & rowe, neil, you are also right about (simple) not been bothered , he,s used to it about now. !!!

    TheNeil29

    Posts : 2367
    Join date : 2009-09-22
    Location : Harrogate

    Re: todays game

    Post by TheNeil29 on Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:03 pm

    I dont think he will lose too much sleep over it. The reason I say this is because in Simon's defence, he has a knack for spotting real talent, and also is very persuasive in getting players to come to the club.

    When it comes to Walshaw and Speight, they are both outstanding talents, no doubt about it, but they are not irreplaceable. Wally and Jake will be very aware of this, and Simon is proving this point by using Clayton and Thewlis as his first choice pairing.

    However, what will be interesting is the In's and Out's at the end of the season.


    rosvere

    Posts : 60
    Join date : 2009-07-21

    Re: todays game

    Post by rosvere on Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:42 pm

    TheNeil29 wrote:I dont think he will lose too much sleep over it. The reason I say this is because in Simon's defence, he has a knack for spotting real talent, and also is very persuasive in getting players to come to the club.

    When it comes to Walshaw and Speight, they are both outstanding talents, no doubt about it, but they are not irreplaceable. Wally and Jake will be very aware of this, and Simon is proving this point by using Clayton and Thewlis as his first choice pairing.

    However, what will be interesting is the In's and Out's at the end of the season.

    Persuasive in getting players my Ar--.Nothing to to do with the stupid money thrown at players then?

    yorkiebar

    Posts : 89
    Join date : 2014-05-18

    Re: todays game

    Post by yorkiebar on Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:06 pm

    TheNeil29 wrote:I dont think he will lose too much sleep over it. The reason I say this is because in Simon's defence, he has a knack for spotting real talent, and also is very persuasive in getting players to come to the club.

    When it comes to Walshaw and Speight, they are both outstanding talents, no doubt about it, but they are not irreplaceable. Wally and Jake will be very aware of this, and Simon is proving this point by using Clayton and Thewlis as his first choice pairing.

    However, what will be interesting is the In's and Out's at the end of the season.

    when you have had as many players as ( simple ) this season , even a bigger idiot would have some talent

    TheNeil29

    Posts : 2367
    Join date : 2009-09-22
    Location : Harrogate

    Re: todays game

    Post by TheNeil29 on Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:43 pm

    Well, he does have a knack for for spotting real talent, and also is very persuasive in getting players to come to the club. That has been proven in some of the players we have had come to the club (Bolder, Woods and Heath to name 3 alone)

    The fact exists that Simon, in my opinion has failed to get the best out of the majority of them. This I believe could be down to his young age, managerial inexperience and the ability to motivate his players, to name just 3 factors. There are probably a few more to add to this as well.

    I am still set in my opinion that if we had a more experienced manager with the first XI at the start of the season, we would have been serious contenders to go up. But at the end of the day, Simon is in charge and he isnt going anywhere, and I am pleased that its been admitted that the big signing/big money policy has not worked.

    At the end of the day, all we can do as fans is support the team, and retain hope that the current performances continue, finish as high as we can in the VCN, and at the end of the season, see what happens, with regards to the playing squad.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: todays game

    Post by Guest on Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:13 pm

    Great post Neil
    avatar
    Town Lishke

    Posts : 102
    Join date : 2015-01-03

    Re: todays game

    Post by Town Lishke on Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:44 pm

    TheNeil29 wrote:That has been proven in some of the players we have had come to the club (Bolder, Woods and Heath to name 3 alone)
    Yes and where are they now? Same place all these current ones will be in a couple of seasons no doubt. You make it sound like we're the only club that make any decent signings. Also I'm not sure it's Junior's sales pitch or his genius that these players are attracted to, rather it's Daddy's money.

    TheNeil29 wrote: Well, he does have a knack for for spotting real talent
    Laughable thing to say so soon after Cartman who was right under his nose. He also has a knack for wasting real talent.

    TheNeil29

    Posts : 2367
    Join date : 2009-09-22
    Location : Harrogate

    Re: todays game

    Post by TheNeil29 on Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:01 pm

    If you'd have read my post. Especially the second and third paragraphs. You would see I've referred to his inability to get the best out of them when he has signed them.

    I'm sure some of the moves are motivated by money, but not all of them.

    Cartman was prolific with Railway 2 levels lower. He is still 2 levels lower and hasn't been as prolific recently since his move to Darlington, which was money motivated. He should have been given more of a chance, but only Simon knows why he didn't give him the chance.

    And considering players only sign 1 yr contracts in the majority of cases, it wouldn't surprise me if most of the current squad will leave at the end of the season and be elsewhere next season?

    TheNeil29

    Posts : 2367
    Join date : 2009-09-22
    Location : Harrogate

    Re: todays game

    Post by TheNeil29 on Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:04 pm

    Lishke. You can be as negative as you want. The pure and simple fact of the matter is that Simon is going nowhere, and finally, we have a team that can actually play football and listen to the manager.

    I'd suggest if you are that against the Weavers, then go and support Railway or Taddy. I'm not happy with the setup, but I will always support the players.

    TheNeil29

    Posts : 2367
    Join date : 2009-09-22
    Location : Harrogate

    Re: todays game

    Post by TheNeil29 on Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:52 pm

    Same goes for you Rosvere as well.
    avatar
    Town Lishke

    Posts : 102
    Join date : 2015-01-03

    Re: todays game

    Post by Town Lishke on Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:24 pm

    TheNeil29 wrote:The pure and simple fact of the matter is that Simon is going nowhere
    No not from this club because we're a pushover that gives him such an easy ride and the local press don't have any balls either. The one person who had the front to question what was going on had the dogs set upon him whilst everyone else just looked on and then washed their hands of it. There should have been total uproar after that. It would have been the final straw anywhere else.

    He'll be here as long as there are gullible folk happy to keep getting mugged off by the joker. Sadly the person in question is now back doing what he said he wouldn't.

    Principles have been well and truly chucked out of the window. What a time to be alive...

    TheNeil29

    Posts : 2367
    Join date : 2009-09-22
    Location : Harrogate

    Re: todays game

    Post by TheNeil29 on Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:04 pm

    Lishke, I couldnt agree with you more on your point, but what can we do?

    The press wont do anything to offend the club, for whatever reason (I have my certain thoughts on this though)

    A boycott of the games will never happen (because we all like to watch the team we support, even if it is lining their pockets)

    As much as we admire that person for standing up for what he believes in, and if i'm correct in who you are referring to, he is still a highly respected figure at the club. I don't think he is too disappointed in the situation regarding his departure, he is probably glad to be out of the politics that it involves.

    All I can say is that I'm not happy with the current setup, but it's not going to change anytime in the near future. So, all I can do as a fan is to carry on supporting the team.

    town supporter

    Posts : 100
    Join date : 2014-11-22

    Re: todays game

    Post by town supporter on Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:53 pm

    Neil, you post some good stuff but I don't support the idea that if you don't like the setup then go elsewhere. Supporters shouldn't underestimate the impact of holding these fools to account. Ged attempts to make light of my posts but he knows there's truth in what im saying. As long as I keep posting, I keep reminding him and others about everything that's wrong about the weavers involvement. The weavers know they can't get rid of me as easily as other individuals, the management vs fan setup one that they've still not grasped (even with ged working overtime attempting to qualify every opposition post with an invitation to meet in the crossbar or some free coach travel)

    Anyway, enjoy your moment in the sun. I've seen enough to know it won't last.

    Sponsored content

    Re: todays game

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:30 pm