Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+4
paulstreet
Dark Knight
Big Lundy
Outsider
8 posters

Word of warning

Outsider

Word of warning Empty Word of warning

Post by Outsider Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:36 am

Hello I will start with honesty !
    Iam a railway fan who has no problem with harrogate town and are greatful of the bridge building links between the 2 clubs that has gone on recently by the two managers !

My word of caution comes to you through experience of been a self sufficient football club.
    Harrogate town in my eyes require the financial backing of a well off chairman to sustain the high costs involved in running a football club at a good level.

With constant attacking of the people who put the money in (weavers) and give their time (Ged Maloney) you run the risk of these people walking away and leaving you to run the place yourselves !!!
    Trust me you will drop the leagues like a stone without a team of "gravy train executives" running the club because if not it will be left to volunteers , probably yourselves to run the place and with your attitudes towards others on here you will simply implode !!
    Don't get me wrong I'm not here to have a pop at you all but just make you see if there's another way to get your points across to your directors ! Possibly they don't want to hear I don't know all the facts

As my name suggests Iam an outsider looking in just giving my opinion from a football club that struggles along at not a bad level run by volunteers
    Big Lundy

Word of warning Empty Re: Word of warning

Post by Big Lundy Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:18 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Not much income coming in down your end from the “hiring out” of your new 3G football pitches!
    Embarassed
    No wonder the Railway Club members were livid when they found out there was no money left to build them!
    Evil or Very Mad
    scratch
    Outsider

Post by Outsider Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:26 am

Exactly my point
    What would you do without the weavers to pay your wage bill ????
    Be grateful with what you've got just learn to trust and work with them.
    If not don't worry you can come to railway when the padlocks are put on wetherby road and the grass is left to grow !!!
    We will take your money but you can keep your backseat driving on running a football club

Post by Guest Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:51 am

There are probably 20 or so active posters on here, and of those a handful of keyboard warriors are intent on driving matters as you suggest irrespective of results. I am sure the Weavers are sensible enough to realise that represents a tiny percentage of our support even if they do like their airtime. I sometimes wonder whether they should set up a blog rather than turn every topic round on here to their agenda. The rest are quite balanced and know the score.

We have no divine right to be at this level or the next. Take a look at the Alty forum to see how quickly things change.

S.
    Outsider

Post by Outsider Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:07 am

Totally agree Ive just seen 1st hand very good people at railway be driven away by a short sighted minority constantly chipping away at their enthusiasm and it does eventually get the better of you
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:15 pm

slicker wrote:There are probably 20 or so active posters on here, and of those a handful of keyboard warriors are intent on driving matters as you suggest irrespective of results. I am sure the Weavers are sensible enough to realise that represents a tiny percentage of our support even if they do like their airtime. I sometimes wonder whether they should set up a blog rather than turn every topic round on here to their agenda. The rest are quite balanced and know the score.

We have no divine right to be at this level or the next. Take a look at the Alty forum to see how quickly things change.

S.
    The original post whilst well intentioned, cannot really be argued with without going over all the same old ground slicker. Essentially the problem is that the chairman who may or may not be substantially backing the club financially would surely have sacked the manager by now were it not his son. This is the catch 22 situation we find ourselves in but as the likes of myself and Town Supporter have tried to point out, Irving's money is not the be all and end all nor should it be. This 'careful what you wish for' attitude of some simply ignores and deflects from the real issues. There's little point of us having a bigger budget if there's little or no expertise administering it. Were we better off under the previous regime? No. Were we closer to promotion? Yes.

And of course you're not an internet warrior at all are you? No siree.

As for the Weavers being sensible...they've made some appalling decisions and choices in the last 18 months.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:41 pm

People can make all the arguments they like but the bottom line is this - at a football club it is absolutely fundamental that the manager can be held accountable.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:26 am

Dark Knight is right. No-one can seriously doubt that SW would still be manager except for the fact that his father owns the club. I guess most of us grudgingly accept that as (maybe) a price worth paying for everything else. Also, a forum is a forum, somewhere to discuss HTFC matters. Think how boring this forum would be without TS and Dark Knight and others.
    Gareth192001

Post by Gareth192001 Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:31 pm

Town supporter got nerd rage and deleted her account
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:57 pm

If you have no money behind you @ this level now it’s going to be very difficult to stay where you are never mind climb higher!
    Shocked
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:27 pm

I always assumed TS was our beloved MD Garry Plant operating a parody account!!
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:26 pm

Innocent Bystander wrote:I always assumed TS was our beloved MD Garry Plant operating a parody account!!

Smile Smile Smile
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:16 pm

paulstreet wrote:Dark Knight is right. No-one can seriously doubt that SW would still be manager except for the fact that his father owns the club. I guess most of us grudgingly accept that as (maybe) a price worth paying for everything else. Also, a forum is a forum, somewhere to discuss HTFC matters. Think how boring this forum would be without TS and Dark Knight and others.

Yes it's what keeps us all coming back on here for more lol!

Post by Guest Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:59 pm

rangerider wrote:
    paulstreet wrote:Dark Knight is right. No-one can seriously doubt that SW would still be manager except for the fact that his father owns the club. I guess most of us grudgingly accept that as (maybe) a price worth paying for everything else. Also, a forum is a forum, somewhere to discuss HTFC matters. Think how boring this forum would be without TS and Dark Knight and others.

And of course keeps your previous posts largely hidden from prying eyes. Something to hide ?

S
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:16 pm

slicker wrote:
    rangerider wrote:

And of course keeps your previous posts largely hidden from prying eyes. Something to hide ?

S

i beg your pardon ?

Post by Guest Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:35 pm

rangerider wrote:
    slicker wrote:
    rangerider wrote:

S

i beg your pardon ?

I was referring to Guest status, which changes settings and accessibility for others to search your posts. You can still pick them up in threads, but much more difficult.

S.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:21 pm

slicker wrote:

I was referring to Guest status, which changes settings and accessibility for others to search your posts. You can still pick them up in threads, but much more difficult.

S.
    I can think of something worse...people with multiple accounts... silent Suspect
    Gareth192001

Post by Gareth192001 Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:48 pm

Is anyone sad enough to have more then one account on here?

Post by Guest Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:36 pm

Gareth192001 wrote:Is anyone sad enough to have more then one account on here?

Not me.

S.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:46 pm