Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

3 posters

anton brown

anton brown Empty anton brown

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 8:09 am

Don't know if anyone read ed white's column but it seemed to suggest anton brown would be looking for a move elsewhere. Big loss if he does decide to go.

anton brown Empty Re: anton brown

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 4:56 pm

Looks like Mezza has been told to find a new club based on his Facebook.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon May 05, 2014 5:03 pm

I couldn't see anything on his facebook page??
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue May 06, 2014 11:12 am

I'm afraid some of our best players will recognise the lack of ambition here ('sign up lads, we are aiming for 8th place this year'), and move on. Loads of clubs with money and ambition in our league next season.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue May 06, 2014 12:39 pm

I get the distinct impression that Anton will go. He would walk into most Conference North or Conference Premier teams, and I'm safely assuming that he will not be short of offers as he is too good to stay unattached, if he left.

It will be a huge loss if Anton goes. I just hope if he does, that Simon has a plan to replace him.
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:21 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Post by Guest Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:58 pm

Congrats to Anton on his move to Nuneaton. He played a fantastic game against Derby in his trial game for them, it's a huge step up and a player I think we will miss for sure. Not sure whats happen to Conor and his trial at Nuneaton, has he signed?
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:36 am

Indicates Brown's quality that he has signed for a Conf Premier club. Still, we needed to free up the budget for Walshaw etc. so some people had to go. Good luck to him anyway.

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:42 am

paulstreet wrote:Indicates Brown's quality that he has signed for a Conf Premier club.  Still, we needed to free up the budget for Walshaw etc. so some people had to go.  Good luck to him anyway.

I know he was trialing same time as Conor, but no news on Conor's move yet. He might end up coming back, he was promised a contract I believe if he dosen't get signed up, he would be a perfect sub for late on in games, but to be fair to the guy, his speed alone and on the ball touches deserves more than a super sub role. Still, I hope he does come back. As for Anton, the big man has done very good. Such a gent!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:43 pm

He was always a very good player, but for some reason, we only seen flashes of what he is capable of. Its a step up, Its Full Time football (I believe Nuneaton are now pro?), and its an easier commute for him. So, it's a win/win for him.

Wish him all the best.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content