Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

4 posters

Guisley V Harrogate Match Report

OllieRiley
    OllieRiley

Guisley V Harrogate Match Report  Empty Guisley V Harrogate Match Report

Post by OllieRiley Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:31 pm

Here's my report on tonight's defeat
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Comment below on your thoughts...

Guisley V Harrogate Match Report  Empty Re: Guisley V Harrogate Match Report

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:11 pm

Good report Ollie.

Tiki-taka football is fine but it works best if teams combine it with breaking quickly and with far greater urgency and intent than I’ve seen from us. Concerned to see more changes made at half time. I could forgive the need to make changes at half time on one or two occasions, but it’s become a regular thing for Simon and gives the distinct impression that he doesn’t know what he’s doing. Then again, I knew that already! Can’t help but feel he over complicates things.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:17 pm

Yes, another good report. Couldn't really stir myself to go I'm afraid. It sounds as though it was a pretty 'bloodless' victory for Guiseley, they did what they had to do.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:39 pm

My thoughts already turning to pre season!
    Just trying to dispel a little of the end of season gloom - Town are (if my research is accurate) the longest serving continuous members of this division - perhaps the only team to have remained in it? We continue to punch above our weight <IMO> and still have lots to look forward to!
    Happy Easter everyone
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:39 pm

On the + side the support has picked up a bit this season!

Who’s off to Stockport?

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:58 pm

Innocent Bystander wrote:My thoughts already turning to pre season!
    Just trying to dispel a little of the end of season gloom - Town are (if my research is accurate) the longest serving continuous members of this division - perhaps the only team to have remained in it? We continue to punch above our weight <IMO> and still have lots to look forward to!
    Happy Easter everyone

With the players at Simon's disposal I struggle to understand how we're punching above our weight. Far front it, I would argue we're underachieving.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:22 pm

Sorry if I gave wrong impression!! I meant as a club generally .... Looking back over the years .... I was sweeping the leaves off the pitch in 1978-80 when we were getting relegated from Yorkshire League Division 3!

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:28 pm

End of season injuries to key players, and certain players are no way near their best or 100% match fit, does affect the team dynamics and results have shown this, but to be honest, we had such a strong position and to fall away quite quickly, and not even get a decent shot on goal in the Cup Final itself, means that in the pre season, we need a striker thats a poacher on goal and goes for everything, the punch has gone from the Town Attack, but I am looking forward to the return of Chris, Franks, Adam N, and Shane Killock.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 5:12 pm