Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

4 posters

Season so far ....

Yorkshire Yankee

Season so far .... Empty Season so far ....

Post by Yorkshire Yankee Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:36 pm

Just wanted to put a few thoughts out there. The last three games have put us in a tough spot for a run in the playoffs.
    Who know's how it will play out. But, it is the first week in April and we still have something to play for. As for the season so far, we have had some great runs, and seen some fantastic football, both as a team and from individual players. We have also seen some not-so-great performances as a team and from those same players. As a member of the old boy brigade who has seen the majority of home and away matches - this is the first year in quite a while where each player who is on the pitch, whether they are having a good game or bad, has put in an honest days effort. In my eyes there were no players out to just collect their petrol and beer money for the week. I believe that this season was a total team effort, that they cared about the team, each other, and the supporters.
    Whether we make the playoff's or get promoted remains to be seen. But, if the attitude that seems to be inplace, carries over to next season, I will be a very happy supporter who is already looking forward to the 2014/15 season.
    Five games to go - enjoy that we still have something to play for.......and be lucky you are not a Leeds fan.

Season so far .... Empty Re: Season so far ....

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:46 pm

Well Said! Loving this! a breath of fresh air to read.
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:01 pm

No Surrender!!!!!!!!

Nose guard anyone?
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:34 pm

Yorkshire Yankee wrote:     Just wanted to put a few thoughts out there. The last three games have put us in a tough spot for a run in the playoffs.
    Who know's how it will play out. But, it is the first week in April and we still have something to play for. As for the season so far, we have had some great runs, and seen some fantastic football, both as a team and from individual players. We have also seen some not-so-great performances as a team and from those same players. As a member of the old boy brigade who has seen the majority of home and away matches - this is the first year in quite a while where each player who is on the pitch, whether they are having a good game or bad, has put in an honest days effort. In my eyes there were no players out to just collect their petrol and beer money for the week. I believe that this season was a total team effort, that they cared about the team, each other, and the supporters.
        Whether we make the playoff's or get promoted remains to be seen. But, if the attitude that seems to be inplace, carries over to next season, I will be a very happy supporter who is already looking forward to the 2014/15 season.
        Five games to go - enjoy that we still have something to play for.......and be lucky you are not a Leeds fan.

Agree YY, but to get so close is damn frustrating and to play so well against the top teams makes it doubly frustrating - Gainsborough performance makes it triply frustrating and a no show tomorrow doesn't bear thinking about affraid  affraid 
    Time for a show of real bottle sunny 
    Moved back too optimistic  bounce 

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:36 pm

Crucial match, if we win, back upto 6th on present latest scores today, beat Leamington next week, and How juicy will that tie with Guiseley be? No Retreat, No Surrender!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:13 am

Sorry Craig. Retreat AND Surrender I'm afraid. Yesterday's performance (against a team fighting relegation) was shocking. Sometimes need to face the truth.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:17 am

Yesterday, it looked as though we were fighting relegation and Gloucester had their sights on the playoffs. It was humiliating. Fair play on making the effort to get there Craig.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:45 am

Yes, I agree with that. Heroic effort, the players owed you more.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:02 pm

I nearly asked Tad for my money back but out of respect, I didn't. He honestly looked shell shocked himself, and I actually felt for him. Irving left early, which I felt was a insult to the fans coming and spending nearly 100 quid in travelling to the ground.

My No Retreat No Surrender stand only until its impossible to reach the playoffs.

I would seriously consider Crook in goal for a couple of games too. And no more 3 man defence, very leaky! Heath looked shocking yesterday, and Bloomer was no support. We need Samuels, Killock, Merris and maybe rest Heath and consider Nelthorpe?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:47 pm