Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+3
sagalout
Townfan
sulphurite
7 posters

A Drubbing Too Far? 4 Nil...OUCH!

sulphurite
    sulphurite

A Drubbing Too Far? 4 Nil...OUCH! Empty A Drubbing Too Far? 4 Nil...OUCH!

Post by sulphurite Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:40 pm

Shocking display today and I did not expect to lose by 4 goals to nil.

The Referee yet again refused to give blatant fouls our way and yet the away team got the majority of decisions, the fact that at least two if not more of the SO called unbiased decisions led to the goals made it even more annoying.
    Before anybody starts to say that bad losers always blame the referees etc. this has not been a one off performance by the home officials at the CNG and I just hope that someone makes a complaint to the relevant authority.

We can't go on much longer and relegation is looking all too real.

Not a happy person today, just wish I knew the answers Embarassed

Last edited by sulphurite on Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : rubbish spelling?)
    Townfan
    Townfan

A Drubbing Too Far? 4 Nil...OUCH! Empty Re: A Drubbing Too Far? 4 Nil...OUCH!

Post by Townfan Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:11 pm

Shocking display ???
    Not according to the Radio York report.
    I wasn't there so I can only go on that report.
    Let in an early goal then played well for the next 20 mins or so. Benjamin headed wide with the goal at his mercy and we should (apparently) have had a penalty which would have led to Alfreton being down to 10 men.
    Once it went to 3-0 it was game over but, all in all, it could have been a different game.
    sagalout

Post by sagalout Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:20 pm

Radio York must have been absolutely deluded! We were utter crap today. Sure, we had a few moments and were perhaps unlucky not to have scored, but without some stunning saves we could have lost 7 or 8 nil. Put it this way, I brought along some of my sons school mates and his exact words were 'Harrogate are crap - our school team is better'. I couldn't argue with him and once again town are rubbish when the attence improves.

Weaver gave away another free kick in a dangerous area that they scored from. Benjamin blatantly isn't fit - needs to lose a stone. The only decent performances were from ollie Ryan and the keeper.

Puts into perspective the over gonfidence from some posters after last weeks game. Alfretn were better than us right across the park. Felt like a cup game where we were playing a team from a division above us.
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:02 pm

Ollie Ryan looked like the only player playing for the shirt!
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:25 pm

YoungStato123 wrote:Ollie Ryan looked like the only player playing for the shirt!

I thought that Rory Coleman had a good game overall with some accurate crosses into the box (for Benjamin to unfortunately miss Sad ) and got back for a few defensive tackles, never gave up and I would give him MOM.

Ollie Ryan also looked pretty sharp and should have scored along with Trevor Benjamin.

Need to start winning games and time is not on our side, survival is a priority and the sooner we start to get some points the better.

The Fans are losing patience and that can only have a negative effect for the Club.

Last edited by sulphurite on Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Not enough Clichés)
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:35 pm

Townfan wrote:Shocking display ???
    Not according to the Radio York report.
    I wasn't there so I can only go on that report.
    Let in an early goal then played well for the next 20 mins or so. Benjamin headed wide with the goal at his mercy and we should (apparently) have had a penalty which would have led to Alfreton being down to 10 men.
    Once it went to 3-0 it was game over but, all in all, it could have been a different game.

More so by the Officials than the team but we still conceded 4 goals so does not really indicate a team playing well over a 90 minute game?
    the wizard

Post by the wizard Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:30 am

not good form at all, but the target is avoid relegation and we still look capable of that (hopefully) - question is, who will weaver put the blame on this week?
    j2021

Post by j2021 Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:54 am

Very poor performance i thought a few players had a good game jameson, ollie ryan and trevor, did nothing wrong apart from missing the header other than that his touch was good and he set-up a few attacks, it was mainly the midfield when alfreton attacked it just seeemed to part down the middle and let them straight through, there wasnt enough tough tackles going in . I thought weaver was correct when he sed the defense was winning quitea few header but when they won them no town player was getting there body in to win the ball back.

And my other thought was why change the team at all after drawing with the league leaders, chapman was dropped and he had done nothing wrong, and i dont think coleman is that great defensivly he shudve been used left wing and pushed mctiernan back to centre mid.

CMON TOWN!!!!!! Were better than this.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:25 pm

At the end of the day, the target is to avoid relegation, according to the Chairman. And, with the players we have, we will avoid relegation. This was just one of those matches that we need to forget, and move on.

The most important thing is to keep supporting the team, and it will come good in the end.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:30 pm