Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+5
Innocent Bystander
paulstreet
trevdee
Big Lundy
TownUltra
9 posters

Town V Hednesford Saturday 3pm

TownUltra
    TownUltra

Town V Hednesford Saturday 3pm - Page 2 Empty Re: Town V Hednesford Saturday 3pm

Post by TownUltra Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:29 pm

'If we're still in this decision (probable) we won't me table. Please feel free to put this in quotation marks at any point. Although you won't get the chance next season, we're going to smash it up.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Town V Hednesford Saturday 3pm - Page 2 Empty Re: Town V Hednesford Saturday 3pm

Post by Dark Knight Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:08 am

TownUltra wrote:'If we're still in this decision (probable) we won't me table.

Please feel free to put this in quotation marks at any point. Although you won't get the chance next season, we're going to smash it up.
    I wonder what the campaign slogan will be next season? "This Is Our Season...And This Time We Mean It...Promise...Scout's Honour"

The likelihood is that next season the division will be much harder and we've missed our best chance this season by fannying around.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:36 am

Not sure the basis for the comment that the league will be much harder next season. Hyde have been in freefall, true, we may have Chester back, but they are unlikely to be the Chester of last season. In the NPL, we could have AFC Fylde, Skelmesdale or Chorley coming up. Nothing too scary there, although Chorley get big crowds and are ambitious (Gary Flitcroft the manager) and Fylde seem to have loads of money. I think Skem would struggle in the Conf North. Notice that, according to the Non-League Paper, Skrill are pulling out of their sponsorship early. Silly name anyway!
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:25 pm

paulstreet wrote:Not sure the basis for the comment that the league will be much harder next season.
    Trust me, it'll be a crapshoot compared to this season. And I'm not just talking about what's coming up or down, I'm talking about what's staying down with us.

My feeling is we've really missed the boat this season. It's been pretty mediocre, predictable and evenly balanced. I've not seen one team that we shouldn't have competed with. We've really looked the proverbial gift horse in the mouth and when you do that, you tend to get punished. To stand still is to go backwards etc etc

Feel free to add any clichés I may have missed  Laughing 
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:37 am

I do actually (believe it or not!) agree with DK on this. This season was a golden opportunity for us (still might be), there are not really any outstanding teams in the league, like the last few seasons. I don't know whether any attempts were made to make the 'big' striker signings that we probably needed, but that (and that dreaded 3 point deduction) might end up making the difference. North Ferriby invested in a couple of big name strikers and it [u]might[u] be enough be enough to get them over the line.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:31 am