Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+7
A1 drifter
gedmaloney
trevdee
TheNeil29
Dark Knight
TownUltra
Big Lundy
11 posters

TOWN on TOUR! Hednesford Town

TheNeil29

TOWN on TOUR! Hednesford Town - Page 2 Empty Re: TOWN on TOUR! Hednesford Town

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:21 pm

Up to 8th now. 3 points off playoffs but Hednesford have 2 games in hand. It's reading a lot better than this time last week.

Post by Guest Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:23 pm

They were fast and physical getting the ball in the box at every opportunity. We could easily have capitulated in the first half. Adam came on at half time for Sellars and we started winning some battles. We grew in confidence and they ran out of ideas. Massive result. Glad TheNeil is "satisfied" !

S
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:27 pm

If only we had not lost those three points...but onwards Town !
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:59 pm

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:15 am

A1 drifter wrote:If only we had not lost those three points...but onwards Town !
    I know every team will have plenty of their own "if only" stories but I genuinely believe we've had enough "if onlys" to be top of this league. I'll happily overlook all of the other results, even Vauxhall Motors, but I'm 100% adamant that the 3 points deducted, blowing the 2 goal lead at Stalybridge and the two 1-0 home defeats by Brackley and Histon are 12 points we should have and there's nothing anyone can say that will make me change my mind.

North Ferriby, a team that we completely demolished are top. Enough said. It's ironic because I get accused of being negative and pessimistic but my argument all along has been that I believe we could and should be winning this division, yet despite everybody's eternal optimism nobody else seems to share my belief...or maybe they do but they just don't want to be seen as being critical of the players or management. I just hope when all the points are tallied up at the end of the season we're not looking back with regret at what could have been.

If we don't make it this season then we have to make a better fist of it next season, simply have to, no excuses.

Post by Guest Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:34 am

Dark Knight wrote:
    A1 drifter wrote:If only we had not lost those three points...but onwards Town !
    I know every team will have plenty of their own "if only" stories but I genuinely believe we've had enough "if onlys" to be top of this league. I'll happily overlook all of the other results, even Vauxhall Motors, but I'm 100% adamant that the 3 points deducted, blowing the 2 goal lead at Stalybridge and the two 1-0 home defeats by Brackley and Histon are 12 points we should have and there's nothing anyone can say that will make me change my mind.

North Ferriby, a team that we completely demolished are top. Enough said. It's ironic because I get accused of being negative and pessimistic but my argument all along has been that I believe we could and should be winning this division, yet despite everybody's eternal optimism nobody else seems to share my belief...or maybe they do but they just don't want to be seen as being critical of the players or management. I just hope when all the points are tallied up at the end of the season we're not looking back with regret at what could have been.

If we don't make it this season then we have to make a better fist of it next season, simply have to, no excuses.

During the season, every team will look back on games they "should have won"

The loss of the 3 points we actually won due to admin is the real shocker as we would have gone 4th tonight but for that handicap.

S.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:36 am

Tonight was massive, huge, immense...........Hmm where to start.

I could say it had many similarities to RockyIV. In the first half Hednesford absolutely dominated with their sheer height and power they had a couple of close chances and I really did fear a 3-0 defeat. Their goal was a bit strange, as we got a freak break away 4 on 2, Bolder surging forward but in 2 minds who to feed the ball to and ended up giving it to their centre back who hoofed the ball straight down the middle and they ran on and scored. At half time I chomped on my CHIPS and thought we need some height in there.

Low and behold Simon made that magical tactical change at half time, replacing Sellars with Nowakowski and wow what a difference. Adam played the 2nd half as though he was 10ft tall, and I haven't got a clue what magic potion the rest of the team drank but they all seemed to grow another foot. Hednesford were no longer winning the ariel battle, Hardy managed to get an early equalizer thanks to a blunder with their keeper and centre back and we just really upped the tempo. At that point Hednesford had no answers, no plan B they had a couple of half chances but we just became dominant, got the ball on the floor a little and played. In all the excitement I can't remember the second goal but the 3rd was neat, Hardy got free of the defender, ran towards goal could of had a shot but when the defender came to try and block he layed it off neatly to Taylor and he slotted it in bottom corner.

DK, fully agree with you on all accounts but mistakes happen in all walks of life, it is how we rectify them that matters...Who knows we may be 3 points away from playoffs come end of season and we will all go "what if" but same could be said about Hastings last season. Time to just push on now and enjoy the ride.....Harrogate Town have proved to me tonight that they can get promoted, if they don't then they bloody better next season lol

Just want to add that I have slated Adam N a bit in the past, buoy how he changed the game today, he is a real asset now, a huge player for harrogate Town, he gets asked to play a different position almost every week, doesn't moan just gets on with it and delivers. hats off!!!! and my MOM today!!
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:02 am

i always said Adam Nowakowski was a good player but hey what do i know lol but well done Trevdee for coming on here and speaking up for him i am sure it will do his confidence a power of good for the rest of the season, it will show some off the local lads we have what they can achieve if they work hard at their game as young Adam has done
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:17 am

slicker wrote:

The loss of the 3 points we actually won due to admin is the real shocker as we would have gone 4th tonight but for that handicap.

S.
    Yes but not every team has a manager who has spent the entire season pissing about with the team and shirking responsibility. At the very least we should be right up there at the top. I don't know how anyone can argue with that.

People have cut the team and the manager way too much slack. We really should be more demanding of this group of players. I want to win. Every week. Some people just aren't winners I guess.

trevdee wrote: Time to just push on now and enjoy the ride.....Harrogate Town have proved to me tonight that they can get promoted, if they don't then they bloody better next season lol
    I stick by all the things I've said in the predictions topic. I don't think last night proves they can or will but it certainly proves they should. Like I said, I think people tend to get carried away. Brilliant effort the last 3 games, all massive results but it's like the memory of Solihull and BPA has been completely erased. I'd love to think we have the momentum behind us to flourish like this the rest of the season but deep down I can't help but wonder when the wheels will fall off again.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:45 am

Dark Knight wrote:
    slicker wrote:

S.
    Yes but not every team has a manager who has spent the entire season pissing about with the team and shirking responsibility. At the very least we should be right up there at the top. I don't know how anyone can argue with that.

People have cut the team and the manager way too much slack. We really should be more demanding of this group of players. I want to win. Every week. Some people just aren't winners I guess.

trevdee wrote: Time to just push on now and enjoy the ride.....Harrogate Town have proved to me tonight that they can get promoted, if they don't then they bloody better next season lol
    I stick by all the things I've said in the predictions topic. I don't think last night proves they can or will but it certainly proves they should. Like I said, I think people tend to get carried away. Brilliant effort the last 3 games, all massive results but it's like the memory of Solihull and BPA has been completely erased. I'd love to think we have the momentum behind us to flourish like this the rest of the season but deep down I can't help but wonder when the wheels will fall off again.

And given how we have been this season you have every right......It all depends on what Simon does now until the end of the season, Bolder and Woods were below par last night but they have to remain in the team...I think it is safe to say we have found our best 11, bar Nowakowski for Sellars and if he sticks to it, keeps the playerss driving on then theres no reason why we can't have a go. There are obviously going to be off days but still he needs to keep faith with this starting 11 as the balance is perfect. I did predict a late surge and hopefully this is the start and the games against Guiseley are of the same magnitude as against Alty and Hednesford. Mind you, before that we have to beat Gloucester who will be brimming with confidence. What will happen is anyones guess!!!
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:56 am

Dark Knight wrote:
    slicker wrote:

S.

DK - suggestion, why don't you have a conversation with the manager instead of continual sniping after 2 encouraging results and your comment about "some people aren't winners" is laughable.
    Another point to bear in mind is the number of new players that joined this year and the injury to Michael Woods - everybody happy to give AVB time at Tottenham for players to bed in but not little old Town.
    Final point - I haven't forgotten about the BPA or Solihull game, nor have I forgotten that we were lucky against Telford nor lucky in the 1st 10 minutes against Nth Ferriby - and I haven't forgotten how unlucky we were against Colwyn Bay, BPA (crucial injury when we had complete control of the game) and Brackley.

Merry Christmas santa  santa  santa  santa  santa  santa  santa  santa  f
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:11 pm

Gordon Bennett! This is starting to get serious. Fantastic result last night, and, by the sound of it, great substitutions. I feared the worst at half time, bowled over at the end.

Time for me to get some apologising done: I seem to recall saying that our season was more or less over  Embarassed  and also saying that we had no star striker so wouldn't score any goals  Embarassed ... only North Ferriby have scored more than us, as it happens  Smile 

Lets hope there is no fog or ice on Saturday. I said yesterday we might get 2000...make that 2500 once the word gets around.

Only fly in the ointment, blinking Gloucester are starting to turn over the top teams...lets put a stop to that Saturday.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:16 pm

gedmaloney wrote:

DK - suggestion
    Ged - suggestion, why don't you back off for once and wake up to the fact that this is a football forum? Sick to death of you telling me what I should and shouldn't do, who I should go and speak to etc. THIS is the platform for opinions. OK?

gedmaloney wrote: and your comment about "some people aren't winners" is laughable.
    No it's not. With the exception of TS, Neil and Rangerider (and trevdee and paulstreet when they aren't getting carried away Razz  ), I don't think I've ever come across such a docile bunch of football supporters. You're not winners at all. You all just happily go along with the flow all of the time like neutered dogs, when we lose to teams we should be beating there's barely a word of dissent or rebuke for the manager and personal attacks on anyone who does. There's an air of resignation to just accepting our fate. You all go on about how positive and optimistic you all are but when I put that blind faith to the test by asking if you think we should be doing better you all fail with your responses. In fact if you read a lot of what's said on here it's quite clear that many are actually resistant to the idea of being promoted. Oooh it's too soon etc. Those aren't the traits of winners. WE SHOULD BE UP THERE WITH NORTH FERRIBY RIGHT NOW. THE END.

Rangerider hit the nail right on the head earlier in the season. It was post of the decade as far as I'm concerned. If I were the manager or a player I wouldn't be getting upset by any of all the so called "stinging" criticisms on here, the post that would have got to me most was his about not getting any younger. That's what would spur me on to do better and not accept mediocrity. And as I've said time and again, SOMEBODY has to be putting the pressure on otherwise we'll just tread water forever. The fact is we've aimed low this season, we should be aiming for 1st. That's what winners do. Aim for the moon and you might land amongst the stars, as the saying goes.

Just don't come crying to me when history repeats itself.

gedmaloney wrote:
    Another point to bear in mind is the number of new players that joined this year and the injury to Michael Woods  
    Hahahahaha! That would be the same Michael Woods that everybody was slagging off a few weeks ago and making completely unfounded accusations about his commitment levels. And also you say that as if the policy of revolving doors will ever change. I mean we've already brought some more players in SINCE those new players came in. It's never ending.

gedmaloney wrote:
    everybody happy to give AVB time at Tottenham for players to bed in but not little old Town.
    AVB hasn't been at Spurs for 5 years. Oh hang on I forgot, the first 3 years don't count in Weaverworld do they? Besides I'm clearly on record as saying I'd let him have one more bash at it next season, that shouldn't give him immunity from criticism in the meantime though.

It's funny because when people on here were tearing shreds off Woods, Bolder, Hall and one or two others I was one of the few who stood by those players but for some reason you ignore those things and I'm the big bad wolf in your eyes Ged. Perhaps as I've suggested in the past, your lack of objectivity towards me is because you're too close to the Weavers.

Last edited by Dark Knight on Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:54 pm

I think me and Paul have a certain mental health issue (never know what I can say and what I can't on here so wont name the condition) so we don't count - up and down like yoyo's!!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:59 pm

i can't agree that we aimed low this season DK. The squad we assembled was surely intended to at least reach the play offs. It still might, despite some very disappointing performances along the way. It is true that the manager seems to have struggled at times to decide on what is his best team (and injuries havn't helped, lets be fair). Unlike previous years I'd say this Weaver set of players has a lot more 'fight' in it, and does seem to be 'together' as a squad (of course I don't have any way of proving this).

We have had one (undoubtedly significant) run of bad results, but apart from that its been (dare I say it) a pretty successful season. Its unfortunate that that 'horror' spell coincided with the FA Cup match at Colwyn Bay, and its resulted in us having to play catch up in the league (and, boy, are we catching up!).

I do plead guilty to sometimes over-reacting to defeats (see my apology elsewhere!), but I think Simon Weaver has assembled a decent squad of players this season, and (by and large) is getting decent results out of them.

Mind you, if Gloucester beat 3 - 0 on Saturday, who knows what I'll be posting on Monday morning  Shocked 
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:06 pm

paulstreet wrote:i can't agree that we aimed low this season DK. 
    "Would 8th place be a failure?" - Irving Weaver 2/10/13
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:20 pm

DK I don't understand why you sometimes. Yes of course you're entitled to say what you want and most of the time I think you add real thought and comment to the forum, but I'm not with you here.

There I am all buzzed up about winning 7 out of 8 games and I read that post and it feels like you've taken out your urinatory tackle and taken a long wazz on the fire of excitement.

In my eyes we're all winners because we support Town. Why put half of the forum down for being positive? Docile? Sometimes it takes more courage to be positive and battle on in the face of adversity than to cede and be negative. If people choose to be positive that is not 'docility' that is fire, passion and blind will to make Town succeed. We do not control Town, we can't affect the status quo but we can encourage and try to urge the team and other fellow supporters on.

I've been overwhelmed by how some of our support have gone out of their way to try and get 'non-believers' to come to the Town game on Saturday and I think your post was disrespectful of their passion, love and efforts towards the club.

You can say whatever you want about the Weavers, but picking on other supporters is not on. For crying out loud we've won 7 out of the last 8- I can't wait to see what you're like when we go through a bad patch.

With respect DK that post above can kiss my hairy, positive, docile, rectum.

Post by Guest Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:09 pm

Dark Knight wrote:

Yawn.

Thank god at least the team can put in 3 epic performances in 7 days to give us some light relief from the usual negativity from certain quarters.

Whinge when we're losing fair enough, but Whinge when we're winning, that's a new one on me. It really does seem to get to a small number of people that we might actually do well with a Weaver name over the door.

And don't try and disguise it as some " we need a winning mentality " bollox and everyone else is a loser. We all want to win every game, but it ain't going to happen. Just look at some of the refereeing to see how the course of a game can be affected.That doesn't make me a loser, but a realist. I look at what I am seeing on the park, and overall I feel good at the moment. Maybe I am a cup half full sort of person, but there you go.

Yes I thought I had driven a long way last night for nothing 4 minutes into the game, and even at half time, but the team responded brilliantly and made my night.

S.

S.

Post by Guest Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:55 pm

Slicker - don't suppose I was stood near you during the first half near the burger van. Was chatting to a Town fan who said he left Harrogate at 17.30 and would be nice to put a messageboard name to the face.

Post by Guest Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:18 pm

JordanF wrote:Slicker - don't suppose I was stood near you during the first half near the burger van. Was chatting to a Town fan who said he left Harrogate at 17.30 and would be nice to put a messageboard name to the face.

It was indeed. Is your mate a messageboarder as well ?

S.

Post by Guest Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:30 pm

I think he reads but does not post. Managed to avoid the M6 toll on the way back Smile
    Badger

Post by Badger Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:47 pm

DK, come on, join the party! Ultras right, 7out of 8 and still the negative, slagging off of club, manager, directors, chip shop, colour of the bloody grass! Can't wait for Saturday, should be a real clash of two form teams.

Come, cheer, and smile wryly if it doesn't go our way.

Come on town.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:22 pm

slicker wrote:
    Dark Knight wrote:

Yawn.

Thank god at least the team can put in 3 epic performances in 7 days to give us some light relief from the usual negativity from certain quarters.

Whinge when we're losing fair enough, but Whinge when we're winning, that's a new one on me. It really does seem to get to a small number of people that we might actually do well with a Weaver name over the door.

And don't try and disguise it as some " we need a winning mentality " bollox and everyone else is a loser. We all want to win every game, but it ain't going to happen. Just look at some of the refereeing to see how the course of a game can be affected.That doesn't make me a loser, but a realist. I look at what I am seeing on the park, and overall I feel good at the moment. Maybe I am a cup half full sort of person, but there you go.

Yes I thought I had driven a long way last night for nothing 4 minutes into the game, and even at half time, but the team responded brilliantly and made my night.

S.

S.

Still amazed at how we managed to turn the game around after that first half and how last gasp defending avoided letting in another couple of goals....Thought the ref was awful too, but not such a bad thing when Bolder should have been red carded for slapping that player.

TOWN on TOUR! Hednesford Town - Page 2 Empty It's the hope that kills you!

Post by Guest Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:14 pm

I’m guessing I’m one of the few then that actually enjoys reading Dark Knights posts – interesting, informative, a lot I happen to agree with, some bits I don’t. Every reason to be positive about the direction the club is heading at present (feeling it myself, hence spreading the word as best I can) but that doesn’t mean we should overlook areas of concern. It would seem to me it takes a braver man or woman to come on here and be critical, simply because of the amount of cheap jibes and sarcasm it generates if you dare question something.

For me the key area worth focussing on is how the management responds to a couple of defeats, because for whatever reason, deserved or not, we’ll lose a couple of games – do the management have enough about them to ensure the team gets back on track, display faith in those players who may have an endured an off day, back them publically and get them firing on all cylinders again? I’m not convinced.

It’s possible to be critical but at the same time want the very best for the club. I’ve been attempting to generate as much interest as I can for the game on Saturday, I’ll gladly raise my pint glass to the excellent work undertaken by those individuals who contribute so much to the club (particularly the ones that go largely unnoticed) and also recognise some of the challenges faced along the way. On Saturday, I’ll enjoy a pint before and after the game and hopefully experience some renewed enthusiasm for supporting the club, which due to certain events this season I’ve found hard at times. But in spite of all that it won’t stop me passing an opinion on those areas I’m not happy with – consider it customer feedback because remember, the customer is always right, right?!
    V'
    V'

Post by V' Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:33 pm

Whats going on???? Yet another massive result, now at this rate you could get promoted and next season some of your matches will be live on TV, then I could watch Town without coming to the CNG and crossing over to the Dark Side. Cheers!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:03 am