Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+7
Big Lundy
trevdee
paulstreet
Dark Knight
TheNeil29
silent stu
TownUltra
11 posters

Town V Worcester City thread

paulstreet
    paulstreet

Town V Worcester City thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Town V Worcester City thread

Post by paulstreet Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:32 am

Good solid win Saturday, sometimes you have to grind them out. Strange thing to say but Dwayne and Adam's injuries sort of helped us: Hall and Rowe, and then Worsfold transformed the game, could have been 0-0 without them. Doesn't Rowe finish well, real class. Feel a bit sorry for Dom, he seems to be used mainly as a sub, but always looks good and has got 4 goals for us now. What a keeper Craig is eh? Two superb saves (again!). Would like to see Hall and Worsfold together again, Liam had a quiet one, but he's entitled to after his recent efforts. Bolder superb in midfield as was Anton. Some selection problems for Simon when everyone is fit. And Adam Mitchell is excellent, as well, lets hope we can extend his loan.

Rather quiet from some posters at the moment...wonder why? Still, when we lose again, they will be back Smile 
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:13 pm

I have been quiet recently as other people on the forum have been saying exactly what I have been thinking, so I only respond when necessary.

I didnt go to the game on Saturday, because there are more important things in life than Harrogate Town FC. Busy job, family life and re-building a house, being 3 of them.

I'm very pleased with the current form, but we should not be in this predicament in the first place. The squad is too strong, and too good for the bottom half of this league. It is that simple. Mistakes were made that now should be learnt from, and it does look like it has, so far.

Credit where it is due to Simon, Macca and the players for stepping up to the plate with the current results, and I hope that this run continues. There is no reason why it can not.

Onwards and Upwards.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:44 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:I have been quiet recently as other people on the forum have been saying exactly what I have been thinking, so I only respond when necessary.

I didnt go to the game on Saturday, because there are more important things in life than Harrogate Town FC. Busy job, family life and re-building a house, being 3 of them.

I'm very pleased with the current form, but we should not be in this predicament in the first place. The squad is too strong, and too good for the bottom half of this league. It is that simple. Mistakes were made that now should be learnt from, and it does look like it has, so far.

Credit where it is due to Simon, Macca and the players for stepping up to the plate with the current results, and I hope that this run continues. There is no reason why it can not.

Onwards and Upwards.
    Wow I knew things were frustrating at Harrogate Town but no need to knock your house down over it!
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:22 pm

paulstreet wrote:Good solid win Saturday, sometimes you have to grind them out. Strange thing to say but Dwayne and Adam's injuries sort of helped us: Hall and Rowe, and then Worsfold transformed the game, could have been 0-0 without them. Doesn't Rowe finish well, real class. Feel a bit sorry for Dom, he seems to be used mainly as a sub, but always looks good and has got 4 goals for us now. What a keeper Craig is eh?  Two superb saves (again!). Would like to see Hall and Worsfold together again, Liam had a quiet one, but he's entitled to after his recent efforts. Bolder superb in midfield as was Anton. Some selection problems for Simon when everyone is fit.  And Adam Mitchell is excellent, as well, lets hope we can extend his loan.

Rather quiet from some posters at the moment...wonder why?  Still, when we lose again, they will be back Smile 
    Agree with your assessment Paul - of all the substitutions I felt Chris Hall played particularly well - won pretty much everything in the air, good link up play and looked to use his pace whenever possible - a real handful. Also felt it was a highly encouraging sign that all 3 subs came on and looked like they were prepared to fight for their place and have undoubtedly left Simon with a great problem to have - a squad missing egos!!! Also agree with your comment reference Adam Boulder.

Only word of caution would be the challenges that lay ahead - my feeling is that we need 2 points per game through the season which will require us to continue this run through games that involve Hednesford, Solihull and Altrincham whilst not underestimating sides lower down- still I guess most teams would rather have played us 3 weeks ago.

Would also reiterate Simon's comments at the HTSC pre match Q&A -  the concept of supporters being the 12th man should not be underestimated. Yes the team have a responsibility to motivate the fans but it does work the other way - I was behind the dugout for second half and the support was tops as were the young lads behind the goal.

Also strange encounter between Worcester City fan on his way to the exit and the Worcester City Assistant Manager then the Manager - not happy with the management (even started slagging off the Managers Best Man at his wedding - it was the Assistant Manager by the way!!)  who I thought gave us a good game. Jose's departure was key as well:

Last point - I talked with Craig in the 1919 venue where he proceeded to tell me how surprised he was to win the MOM - great lad with a super attitude - sometimes good things do happen to pleasant people:bball: Basketball 

Would be good to see a big noisy crowd for BPA - can we top 500?bounce bounce
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:45 pm

gedmaloney wrote:

Would be good to see a big noisy crowd for BPA - can we top 500?bounce bounce
    Bet it won't be far off. Was good to see a healthier crowd on Saturday. Alas I cannot make the BPA game. All I'll say is this - people who get married during the football season should be shot Evil or Very Mad 
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:15 pm

Great saves from Craig! Bolder is back. Hall playing as target man plus Hardy / Worsfold= goals

Check this out as tweeted by Phil Lee via Sammy Sulphur

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you're not pumped after watching that....

paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:34 am

Thanks for posting the video highlights Big Lundy, always good to relive Harrogate Town goals! I didn't get see what happened with our first goal, but its clear now. They really should have equalised straight after we scored. Good quality recording.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:48 pm