Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

5 posters

The season starts here...

paulstreet
    paulstreet

The season starts here... Empty The season starts here...

Post by paulstreet Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:03 pm

OK, I'm going to be positive (for a few days at least!). Lets put all the bad vibes behind us, and look forward. If we can beat Boston on Saturday (difficult but not impossible, we have good players too), and then follow up on Tuesday against Workington, this might (just might) relaunch our season. Play offs are still just about possible, but we have to start accumulating points as of now. we are 'spared' a trip to Hednesford (for now), so that monkey is of our backs for the moment. Time for the players to step up and deliver, starting on Saturday. Boston too far for me to get to, but I'll be listening to the commentary.
    Come on, lets get this season re-started!
    TheNeil29

The season starts here... Empty Re: The season starts here...

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:02 pm

This season is already a write off. They will end up playing in front of crowds of less than 300 in the winter months. Then we will see how deep Irving's pockets are and how committed he is to the club.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:15 am

Oh well, I tried Shocked 
    CCOB

Post by CCOB Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:32 am

Pathetic response from TheNeil29.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:55 am

CCOB wrote:Pathetic response from TheNeil29.
    yes but true i'm afraid

Post by Guest Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:04 am

what's pathetic about it? Realistically, where do you expect we will finish? Do you have confidence in Simon's ability as manager?
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:33 am

It's not to late to turn the season round, although it is highly unlikely. As I've said elsewhere, all the evidence suggests that even if we string some results together, the next slump will be just around the corner.

Things looked so promising after pre-season too.  Neutral 

What's clear to me though is that we're just not geared towards success. If ever we did somehow manage to go up I just don't think we're ready for it. If you think we look amateurish at times now...imagine being in the conference!

We keep hearing what great strides the club has made off the pitch, I'm not so sure. I had a gripe last month about the club shop and an experience I had at the turnstile and a few people thought I was being harsh but thinking back to the Hastings game, I remember coming down one morning to buy two tickets. The ticket office was supposed to open at 8am, I was in a hurry to get back to do the school run and when I got down to Wetherby Road the office hadn't opened. I hung about for a bit, worrying that I'd be late back but it was the only opportunity I had to get to the ticket office in person. Eventually it opened at about 8.12. I handed over £30 cash for two tickets and waited for my change. There wasn't any. I had to wait 10 minutes whilst club staff looked around the office in various places, including what was presumably some kind of petty cash box. They got a couple of quid out of that and the rest of my change ended up coming from the wallet of the bloke who served me!

Ok that's probably not a horror story to end all horror stories but it's all these little things over the last couple of years that have given me my impression of the club. We just don't seem prepared. And so when the club keep beating a drum about how things have improved, I can only imagine how pitiful things must have been before. As I've been keen to stress, I don't believe I set the bar high, I think there are minimum expectations any football club should have and I sometimes wonder if some people are trying to take credit for simply doing what is expected or what most football clubs would consider the norm. We've clearly a long way to go before anyone should be patted on the back.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:45 pm

Yes, but you can play poker now!
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:52 pm

paulstreet wrote:Yes, but you can play poker now!
    Even better than that, you can watch the lads train!

Post by Guest Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:36 pm

Dark Knight wrote:
    paulstreet wrote:Yes, but you can play poker now!
    Even better than that, you can watch the lads train!
    isn't watching them play, painful enough? Mind you, shooting practice might provide a few laughs!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:50 pm

CCOB and Rangerider. Before you state my comments as pathetic. What part of my comment is untrue?? You will see come the next 3/4 weeks that I'm right.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:51 pm

I'd rather watch paint dry than watch them train.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:55 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:CCOB and Rangerider. Before you state my comments as pathetic. What part of my comment is untrue?? You will see come the next 3/4 weeks that I'm right.
    read what i said i said "yes but true i'm afraid" so i did not say it was untrue i said  TRUE i should not have said yes beforehand figure of speech but i thought you would have known that

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:57 pm