Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+9
Dark Knight
Martin L
V'
trevdee
rangerider
paulstreet
Chips97
TheNeil29
Big Lundy
13 posters

TOWN on TOUR! Boston United

Chips97

TOWN on TOUR! Boston United - Page 3 Empty Re: TOWN on TOUR! Boston United

Post by Chips97 Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:35 am

Oh believe me we came out that second half fired up and absolutely dominated the second half! All 3 subs were fantastic when came on and got at Bostons defence! Nelthorpe should start a game at centre mid with bolder play rowe and hardy on the wings! Get hall and southwell up front! We would destroy teams!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:53 pm

Problem with Nelthorpe for me is he is usually the one with no fire in his belly, maybe he could prove me wrong....It makes sense to start with the same line up on tues as the second half at Boston but for me we can't leave Bolder out and he did drive the game towards the end of the first half (according to reports).....Brown and Woods should be left out, I'm beginning to think we are either over rating Woods or he just doesn't want to play for Harrogate Town and did the Alfreton manager save Brown from a disaster of a conference season because he saw what we are all seeing early on.

I made a point a while ago that no matter what a manager says, it is ultimately what the players want to do, some may be limited because they lack ability, some may be wearing themselves out elsewhere, therefore come Saturday find it hard to put in 120% and some may not have the heart - It is down to the manager to find this out early doors, I would rather he plays players that give 120% than a player with a previous reputation.

Anyway lets wait and see until Tuesday, seems like we got away with it against Boston, they exposed our weaknesses when playing 3 supposedly strong defensive midfielders...On paper we shouldn't be conceding any goals with the 3 protecting the defense but in reality it just doesn't work, never will.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:59 pm

Dark Knight wrote:
    trevdee wrote: Not surprised that when we reverted to a familiar formation and combined it with pace we pinned Boston back and caused them problems.
    Did we though? I mean how much of it was down to us? Reading between the lines it sounds like it was as much down to Boston being complacent and architects of their own downfall.
    Well we must have made them look better than they actually are in the first half.......By the sounds of it we put Boston under tremendous pressure and they collapsed....We see that a lot in this league because it is so tight, a lot of it will have been down to the balance, the will to score and the determination of the players that came on...Whether that was down to Weaver, who knows, perhaps Weaver got lucky but it seems like a good starting point to try and save this season. I always say we should always start a game like we are losing!!
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:09 pm

I just cannot believe anyone thinks what happened yesterday is a reason for restored faith in the manager. Clearly yesterday's result was achieved more by accident than design. After weeks of big talk and deliberation, Weaver picked and sent out a team that literally died on it's arse. What else was he going to do at half time? It was a last throw of the dice. That's not to take credit away from the team or the manager for coming back but let's not kid ourselves or get carried away. After yesterday I suspect Weaver has even less of a clue as to what his best XI is or how they should play. And I don't suppose it matters what team he picks because at the first sign of trouble the axe will come out again.

To be honest Tuesday is a no win situation for us. If we lose or draw there'll be hell on and if we win so what? It's a game we bloody well should be winning.

It will take something quite remarkable to convince me we're heading in the right direction and that the manager is ever going to be successful.
    silent stu

Post by silent stu Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:28 pm

Well, I for one, will be looking forward to Tuesday night. Cup of warmth in hand and complaints in the ear, all game, from Trevdee. Its a strange one really, there is definitely a combination of players in the squad that can create, defend and win. But why would we want Harrogate to do well when we (or more to the point, I) can continue to bear witness to such an interesting forum to read:joker: 
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:25 pm

Tuesday is a win win - we get to see the team we love at a ground we cherish and in the company of forum fans whose cup is never less than half full

Post by Guest Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:54 pm

It's no good fielding a team with players full of passion and commitment if they're not up to the job. We signed the likes of bolder, woods and brown as they're players capable of helping us achieve promotion. It's a shame that for whatever reason they just can't be arsed and also a concern as it doesn't appear to have been a problem when they played for their former clubs. The big problem is once you've lost the respect of players you're rarely able to get it back.

Pick whatever combination of players or formation you want but without these guys firing on all cylinders then a mid table finish is about the most realistic finish for us.
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:38 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:10 pm

Quite an afternoon! Started listening to the commentary, gave up in despair/disgust when the 3rd went in. Went for a walk to clear my head, calm down, got back 4.20 just (fully expecting the score to be 5 or 6 - nil), just in time to hear Hardy's goal go in. Consolation I thought, then Dom scored (his second 'goal of the season' for us!), and I thought this might happen. Fantastic feeling when the 3rd went in, then a few minutes agony: would we get a winner or would they nick a 4th. It certainly felt like a win on Saturday evening.

Hard to know what lessons to draw from a wacky game: are we terrible (first half) or brilliant (second half)? Is Simon Weaver a tactical genius or not? Smile 

Anyway roll on tomorrow, Workington played 5 away, lost all 5, but drew with Hednesford on Saturday. No ifs or buts about tomorrow, we have to win it.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:49 pm

paulstreet wrote:Quite an afternoon!  Started listening to the commentary, gave up in despair/disgust when the 3rd went in. Went for a walk to clear my head, calm down, got back 4.20 just (fully expecting the score to be 5 or 6 - nil), just in time to hear Hardy's goal go in. Consolation I thought, then Dom scored (his second 'goal of the season' for us!), and I thought this might happen. Fantastic feeling when the 3rd went in, then a few minutes agony: would we get a winner or would they nick a 4th. It certainly felt like a win on Saturday evening.

Hard to know what lessons to draw from a wacky game: are we terrible (first half) or brilliant (second half)? Is Simon Weaver a tactical genius or not?  Smile 

Anyway roll on tomorrow, Workington played 5 away, lost all 5, but drew with Hednesford on Saturday.  No ifs or buts about tomorrow, we have to win it.
    Paul, I think it's safe to assume Simon isn't a tactical genius!
    Up The Town
    Up The Town

Post by Up The Town Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:46 pm

For those of you who weren't there check out highlights, especially Dominic Rowe's goal
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Post by Guest Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:11 pm

town supporter wrote:
    paulstreet wrote:Quite an afternoon!  Started listening to the commentary, gave up in despair/disgust when the 3rd went in. Went for a walk to clear my head, calm down, got back 4.20 just (fully expecting the score to be 5 or 6 - nil), just in time to hear Hardy's goal go in. Consolation I thought, then Dom scored (his second 'goal of the season' for us!), and I thought this might happen. Fantastic feeling when the 3rd went in, then a few minutes agony: would we get a winner or would they nick a 4th. It certainly felt like a win on Saturday evening.

Hard to know what lessons to draw from a wacky game: are we terrible (first half) or brilliant (second half)? Is Simon Weaver a tactical genius or not?  Smile 

Anyway roll on tomorrow, Workington played 5 away, lost all 5, but drew with Hednesford on Saturday.  No ifs or buts about tomorrow, we have to win it.
    So we go 3 nil down, and it's the Manager's fault ( fair enough)

The Manager makes wholesale changes, we draw 3 all and could have won it, isn't that the Manager's fault as well ?

S.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:39 pm

slicker wrote:
    town supporter wrote:

The Manager makes wholesale changes, we draw 3 all and could have won it, isn't that the Manager's fault as well ?

S.

He's an incompetent manager who got lucky. Some folk are clearly easily pleased

Post by Guest Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:49 pm

town supporter wrote:
    slicker wrote:
    town supporter wrote:

S.

He's an incompetent manager who got lucky. Some folk are clearly easily pleased
    So when we lose he's incompetent and unlucky then ?

One or two may think that those who kick the pigs bladder about have some responsibility as well.

S.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:58 pm

The players suffer the misfortune of being managed by the incompetent fool. I'm firmly of the view that a decent manager could achieve a play off spot with the same group of players.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:04 pm

town supporter wrote:The players suffer the misfortune of being managed by the incompetent fool. I'm firmly of the view that a decent manager could achieve a play off spot with the same group of players.
    What's your view on the Assistant to the Fool then ?

S.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:19 pm

He's certainly preferable to what we're forced to endure at present. I'm losing the will to live though so right now Cilla Black would seem a decent alternative.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:40 pm

town supporter wrote:He's certainly preferable to what we're forced to endure at present. I'm losing the will to live though so right now Cilla Black would seem a decent alternative.
    no way she's to old and hasn't got the legs sooner have Holly Willoughby lol! 

Post by Guest Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:46 pm

rangerider wrote:
    town supporter wrote:He's certainly preferable to what we're forced to endure at present. I'm losing the will to live though so right now Cilla Black would seem a decent alternative.
    Claudia Winkleman for me.

I can feel a Poll coming on.

S.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:33 am

slicker wrote:
    What's your view on the Assistant to the Fool then ?

S.
    I wonder what he's getting from it all to be honest. Not convinced he could do any better either.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:54 am

slicker wrote:
    rangerider wrote:
    Claudia Winkleman for me.

I can feel a Poll coming on.

S.
    you need to take a cold shower then lol! 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:47 am