Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+9
Dark Knight
Martin L
V'
trevdee
rangerider
paulstreet
Chips97
TheNeil29
Big Lundy
13 posters

TOWN on TOUR! Boston United

Martin L

TOWN on TOUR! Boston United - Page 2 Empty Re: TOWN on TOUR! Boston United

Post by Martin L Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:29 pm

3-1 liam hardy

71 minutes
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:31 pm

3-2 chris hall 72 mins

3-3 nelly 73 mins

3-4 adam 74 mins

only kidding but need to dream.
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:33 pm

THIS IS FACT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 - 2 Dominic Rowe !

BOOM HAVE THAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

76 mins

come on lads

2 subs, 2 goals.
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:45 pm

boston red card

penalty ????

nelly scrapping !

southwell to step up.........

GOAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 - 3

Heaven
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:50 pm

Unbelievable. I'm stunned. Didn't think that would happen. Well done to the team. Credit where it is due.

Post by Guest Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:55 pm

Sadly it does mean we're stuck with our incompetent fool of a manager for a while longer. Bolder and Woods obviously no longer interested
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:57 pm

They will both get other offers elsewhere, and more lucrative.
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:57 pm

all over

3-3

that is like a win to me.

sounds like nelly, hall and the new lad were great.

well done lads and see you all on Tuesday for the phoenix to rise !
    Chips97

Post by Chips97 Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:03 pm

Just walking out of the ground! Absolutely ecstatic after that 2nd half performance! What a fantastic strike from dom rowe!! What a legend! I love you Dom!!! I hope they had fun wasting time the whole half! Cmon town! 3 points on Tuesday!!
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:06 pm

Well done for making the trek chips! What a boost to the team - now can we push on this Tuesday? I think we can
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:25 pm

town supporter wrote:Sadly it does mean we're stuck with our incompetent fool of a manager for a while longer.  Bolder and Woods obviously no longer interested
    i agree,

Post by Guest Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:27 pm

slicker wrote:Sorry.

Threefall.

Feel sorry for the poor sods who have travelled there to support and wasted their time and money.

S.
    Feel sorry for the poor sods who have travelled there to support and wasted their time and money by leaving at half time.

S.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:41 pm

Ed White singing the manager's praises on twitter. Credit where it's due for coming back from 3 down but calling it "commendable by Weaver" for "big changes at half time" is stretching credibility past breaking point. At the end of the day we were 3-0 down inside half an hour after weeks of big talk. Whose fault was that? In Simon's world, clearly it's all the players fault. Yeah he made 3 subs at half time, no doubt he'd have hauled all 11 off if he could have.

I bet Simon can't believe his luck tonight. He might have bought himself more time but given the run we're on some humility wouldn't go a miss. Bigging up today as if it was some incredible piece of management will only set us up for another fall. Anything less than a win and a decent shift on Tuesday will cancel anything we got from today right out.
    Chips97

Post by Chips97 Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:57 pm

Some incredible piece of management today..just saying!!
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:59 pm

well said Chips - it took balls

Post by Guest Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:15 pm

[quote="Innocent Bystander"]well said Chips - it took balls[/quote

Oh please, Mourinho he ain't!

Post by Guest Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:18 pm

[quote="town supporter"]
    Innocent Bystander wrote:well said Chips - it took balls[/quote

Oh please, Mourinho he ain't!
    On that TS, we can be agreed !

S.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:21 pm

Chips97 wrote:Some incredible piece of management today..just saying!!
    Hahahahahaha! Yeah 3-0 down after half an hour. Great stuff. What a genius.

Half time comes, erm what shall I do? Erm yeah I'll use all my subs, that'll show 'em.

Got out of jail today.

Innocent Bystander wrote:well said Chips - it took balls
    Whaaaaat?

You know he did something similar at Gainsborough the other week, right?

There's some serious sycophants on this forum.

I guess we'll see if it was a true masterstroke in the coming weeks, if this is a genuine turning point, if he hasn't lost some of the players, if he really does have a clue about what he's doing, or whether it was simply the predictable actions of an extremely desperate man.

Anyone jumping through hoops tonight is well and truly blind. Clearly all is far from well.
    V'
    V'

Post by V' Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:03 pm

slicker wrote:
    V' wrote:Maybe a 2nd half comeback,have you a secret weapon?
    I don't know if you have read the heading at the top of the page, but as you are clearly not a Town fan ( consistently referring to  "you" not "us") in your posts, having you nothing else better to do. I want to hear the views of Town fans on a Town fans forum.

This is a family funeral and you're presence is not welcome.

S.
    It was a simple question!!!!!
    V'
    V'

Post by V' Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:05 pm

town supporter wrote:
    slicker wrote:
    V' wrote:Maybe a 2nd half comeback,have you a secret weapon?
    I don't know if you have read the heading at the top of the page, but as you are clearly not a Town fan ( consistently referring to  "you" not "us") in your posts, having you nothing else better to do. I want to hear the views of Town fans on a Town fans forum.

This is a family funeral and you're presence is not welcome.

S.
    In other words V, piss off
    No need to swear and No I will NOT!!!!!!
    CCOB

Post by CCOB Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:23 am

This forum is becoming a joke. Lots of Harrogate Town 'supporters' commenting on games that they never go to.
    Well done to the 37 Town fans who made the journey to Boston today, who instead of throwing the towel in at half time got behind the lads & helped inspire a 2nd half comeback.

1st half we were very poor & any one of the 11 players that started the game could have been subbed at half time. Boston's strikers were superb 1st half, great pace,skill & movement, our defence struggled to contain them, very impressive. As soon as the first goal went in heads dropped & it appeared to be a case of 'here we go again' from our lads. They trudged off half-time heads down looking a beaten side.
    2nd half we switched to 4-4-2, Hardy on the right, Rowe on the left & Nowakowski/Nelthorpe in the centre. Boston emerged from the dressing room 5 to 10 mins before Town so clearly they thought job done. The pace of Hardy & Rowe started to cause problems to Bostons defence.
    The first Town goal resulted from a goalmouth scramble after a ball played into the box from a set piece which at the time appeared to be no more than a consolation. When Rowe scored the 2nd (goal of the season contender, can't wait to see the video on the Boston website) we started to believe the comeback was possible. The Town players shouted on by the fans grew in confidence (what a difference a couple of goals make), Boston players started to panic, clearances were now been scuffed & they looked indecisive resulting in the rash challenge on Franks for the equalizing penalty. Well done to the young lad Southwell for having the bottle to grab the ball straight away, hold his nerve & score a great penalty. Felt like a win at the end of the game.
    The team were deservedly applauded off at the end, for the 2nd half fightback, although this shouldn't gloss over how poor we were 1st half!
    Hope my brief summary of the game gives the forum some much needed credibility.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:53 am

Well, in your ignorance CCOB. A lot of the fans will have multiple different commitments/factors which means that they cant attend certain matches, home and away. I thought a person of your intellect would have been aware of that.

One good half of football is not going to appease me. I give credit where it's due for the team, fighting back from 3-0 down and for the manager for his decision to send on all 3 subs at half-time. And a special mention to the fans that travelled to Boston to watch the game.

I expect nothing less than 3 points on Tuesday, and a commanding performance to suit.

On a different note. I have always been an admirer of Bolder and Woods as players. But the pure and simple fact is that if a player isn't committed to the cause, then they should be weeded out or look to players like Adam, Liam and Matt for a source of inspiration, who have been loyal to the club.

Start proving me and all the other fans wrong, starting with Tuesday.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:56 am

Apologies CCOB, you're right, we shouldn't comment on Town if we haven't been to a game. I'm sadly mistaken. Weaver is a football genius and any minute now we are going to go on a barnstorming run and take control of the division. There you go, credibility restored to the forum. Rolling Eyes 
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:11 am

Well it sounds obvious that pace wins games and creates goals. For too long I have thought the combo of Brown, Bolder and Adam N in midfield was suspect...It is too slow,too narrow, all 3 like to sit back, it just doesn't work, plenty of tip tapping passes, but absolutely no drive, it is like watching the worst,slowest continental football....I think we should go back to basics and stick to a 442, play 2 wingers, the 2 Adams in midfield,and get the ball to the wingers to drive forward and surely if we deliver enough into the box,we should be able to slot a few away. This 4-2-3-1 formation is great in the premier league used with players that have better ability but for Harrogate Town it is far far too complicated and is just giving the opposition the upper hand.

I'm not going to praise anything about yesterday, apart from the fans who made it there (I would have gone had it not been for my oldest performing at Stagecoach), as I don't think we should be going down 3-0 against any opposition this season. Not surprised that when we reverted to a familiar formation and combined it with pace we pinned Boston back and caused them problems.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:28 am

trevdee wrote: Not surprised that when we reverted to a familiar formation and combined it with pace we pinned Boston back and caused them problems.
    Did we though? I mean how much of it was down to us? Reading between the lines it sounds like it was as much down to Boston being complacent and architects of their own downfall.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:19 am