Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+2
Superfan100
Innocent Bystander
6 posters

Point Gained!

Innocent Bystander

Point Gained! Empty Point Gained!

Post by Innocent Bystander Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:46 pm

Hard earned point today at a sun drenched positively balmy CNG! Credit to the players, the last ten minutes saw Town put everything into claiming the three points, good fitness, fantastic to see the subs off the bench for the last stanza encouraging the guys out n the paddock. Well done to the ground curators for getting the match on.

Point Gained! Empty Re: Point Gained!

Post by Guest Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:10 pm

Thought they edged the first half and we were better in the second, especially after the subs came on. Didn't like Chilaka so deep and wide when he first came on but when Elam joined he finally played in his best position, up front, and nearly scored.

I thought Gainsborough had brought a basketball team along when they ran out. Never seen as many players who must have been 6'3" plus. Last 15 minutes we started to play down the flanks and run at them (Elam again) and we caused them a few problems. Could well be a point gained, but the game at Bradford PA is massive. If we can win that one then there will be a run on WD40 to help the squeaky bums at Halifax, Altrincham, Brackley and of course Town.

S.
    Superfan100

Post by Superfan100 Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:01 pm

Agree they were giants and certainly edged the first half. Was v disappointed with the amount of long/hoof ball we played in first half v unlike us and not the best tactic given how tall the harlem globe trotters were! Second half especially last 25 mins when we got the ball down and passed it around and looked by far the better side and nearly got the three points. Could see woods getting frustrated with the long ball tactics in the first half he is a pass and move type of player and we need to get back to passing it around and showing composure on the ball ..when we do that we look pretty decent.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:25 pm

Well easy to see why our middle men would resort to hoof tactics when Bolder is suspended...Simple - Worried they will have to pass to Nowakowski..........He can battle and win heads but bloody hell his football brain needs to keep up with the speed of play. Also was stood a metre away from that nasty tackle he did in the first half (complete over the ball job) and he was lucky the ref didn't see it as he would have got a straight red....

Our saving grace was that their no.6 in the middle was probably one of the worst BSN players I have ever seen. Disappointed we didn't score today, defiantly thought we had the edge.

Last edited by trevdee on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:27 pm

Oh and hahahahahahahaha Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing to the world club champions Halifax!!!
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:04 pm

i am sorry but the game was dire, we did not have a shot on goal in the first 30 mins, we couldn't pass the ball and yes they where a big team their 3, 4, and 5 where giants,(wish we had some) we only started playing when Elam came on and why was beesley not brought on to replace Larkin who did nothing all afternoon, we need some shooting and crossing practice our crossing was always straight to their keeper, i thought they where an avarage team so we should have beaten them another 2 points lost
    Superfan100

Post by Superfan100 Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:14 pm

How long is Bolder suspended for?
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:35 pm

F A Trophy semi finalists!
    Not bad for an average side!
    Finished in the play off final last season!!!
    Still couldn’t beat us in the league this season!
    And remain 5 pts behind us after today’s game
    Are we really going to win all our remaining matches this season?
    scratch
    As said above a point gained!

rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:06 am

on todays showing they looked average, in fact Droylsden played better against us and they have been relegated, i am going on what i saw today not what they where like last year, 21 points lost at home so far this season, and you can tell by todays crowed how quite they where, where are the young lads that used to stand behind the goal singing and shouting ?,there was no atmosphere to get the team lifted as i said 2 points dropped.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:15 am

On balancee probably a point gained, but could have won it last 10 minutes, thought we were going to actually. Question is where are the goals going to come from now Platt (7) and Knowles (10) have gone? I thought Larkin played pretty well, but he has never been a big goal scorer, likewise Danny Forrest (who also played well). I think we need to go back to Chib and Beesley up front and hope they can both recover their goalscoring form. I'd like to have seen Elam on earlier.

Massive game Wednesday now: victory and we can probably put BPA's play off hopes to bed, and keep our (at least) 5 point gap over Gainsboro'.

Great that Alty lost, we need Guiseley and Halifax to do the business now. We are definitely still in it big time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:52 am