Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+6
JackHTFC
rangerider
gedmaloney
harrogateman
trevdee
nztownfan
10 posters

A Game And A Win!!

nztownfan
    nztownfan

A Game And A Win!! Empty A Game And A Win!!

Post by nztownfan Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:25 pm

Good game Very Happy joined the supporters club and met trevdee before the game which is very nice (was i ment to pick up a hat then by the way?)

the team we played were 5th in the table and we played them off the pitch quite frankly (speaking of the pitch im still worried after looking at it....) nobody played bad and Dwayne and Knowles for me were brilliant... i think we looked very very good and could make the playoffs with that team....

i wish had more shots because we could have scored a few more and i didnt really like Chib on the right today but apart from that i didnt see much else wrong

What annoyed me more was some of the fans comments near me, people who just critised the team all game (personal bugbear Rolling Eyes ) but i thought the attendence was healthy and im really looking forward to tuesday Very Happy

I Hope Beesley is alright and we are ready from the loss of white who loked calm and collective at Cb as per.. the new lad Wood is pushing for a start after that little spell and looked really good IMO

Playoff Push Begins

Up The Town

cheers

nztownfan
    nztownfan

A Game And A Win!! Empty Re: A Game And A Win!!

Post by nztownfan Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:40 pm

Rumors going round the game was almost off at 2pm.... FFS how are we ment to fix the pitch before tuesday...
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:11 pm

All we can do is hope it stays dry and the groundsmen work some magic!!

Yep was good meeting you and all others who joined the supporters club. If you didn't get a beany hat then pop along to the club shop on Tues (or when the next home game is). Must have signed nearly 50 members today, great effort by all! Now the fun and games start, cards will be posted and arrangements will be made for the first meeting etc, onwards and upwards.

Well there was some excellent football today, I'm lost for words with some of Knowles link up play, simply outstanding. I think we are silently moving towards playoffs, quite frankly providing we get a decent run of games, we can defiantly achieve it!
    harrogateman

Post by harrogateman Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:17 pm

what a performance from beesley. Two great goals and an assist and a fully committed performance resulting in injury for effort of his 2nd goal
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:29 pm

harrogateman wrote:what a performance from beesley. Two great goals and an assist and a fully committed performance resulting in injury for effort of his 2nd goal

Yes he was excellent today, very strong and as you say very brave...deserved his 2 goals today and was missed when he went off.Headaches all over for Weaver with team selections.

BTW welcome to the forum!
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:48 pm

i whould like to see this team...just to see if it whould work... Beesly can move allover while Chib can be the target man...Knowles can lead the attack and link up well... also looks like he can shoot from distance

FB's can attack wide and we have the middle covered and defence is as solid as always

--------Beesley--------Chib-------
    ----------------Knowles------------
    --------Elm------Wood------Dean----
    Merris-----White----Bolder-------Samuels
    ----------------Creig---------------
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:05 pm

nztownfan wrote:Rumors going round the game was almost off at 2pm.... FFS how are we ment to fix the pitch before tuesday...

nz - just for the record. The referee did question whether the game should go ahead and it was in doubt - and so was his logic. THe pitch held up perfectly well and, given the weather forecast between now and Tuesday, I would have no doubts about the Droylsden game taking place.
    Subject to the weather forecast being accurate, the pitch may well have dried out and the covers could then be used to protect against any further rain and we can all live happily ever after
    Suggest we concentrate on the positives - our team would definitely benefit from playing on a better surface but they have accepted that they have to make the best of the situation - thought it was interesting to watch body language of the opposition walking on the pitch before the game - you would have thought we had laid mines!!!!!!
    Great finishing from Beez and any number of solid performances but how many miles did Dwayne SAmuel cover - quality sunny
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:49 pm

excellent game today enjoyed it so much but bit worried about the pitch started to cut up bad after a few minuets hope they can get it ok for the next match.i thought Knowles was outstanding but all the players played well Beesley took his goals well
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:15 pm

Couldn't fault anyone today, Mezza looking paticularly dangerous again. That Woods lad looks like a cracking signing.
    Felt like the first game of the season again after not going to the CNG for over 2 months, have to say it felt great, especially when you're winning! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Now onboard with the supporters club, very nice chap in the club shop. Looks to be some great offers and aims.

Play Off Push, kicks on from NOW!
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:27 pm

talking to one of their supporters today told me that they are selling their ground so i had a look, like their floodlights can we buy them Irving
    how do you upload an image on this forum?

Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:26 pm

I thought the pitch held up really well! The quality of football that Town tried to play especially in he second half was great to see. Lovely early spring sunshine in Harrogate this morning, and a couple of dry days forecast! Fingers crossed for Tuesday.
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:52 pm

For those of you who thought the game would be off!
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Smile

Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:22 pm

I certainly hope that Tuesdays game is on as we need to build up the momentum and get people used to coming to the CGN again. I just wonder how many have now "lost the habit"? It was nice to get back there.

Anyhow, I digress. A pretty good game from our point of view. I did get fed up with the commentator for Radio Worcester or whatever,continually slating the pitch. I've seen an awful lot worse in higher divisions over the past few seasons. Worcester's must be like a billiard table then.

A good performance all round, however I was disappointed by the number of times we let them break through though. A sharper team might just make us pay. Congratulations though for the last ditch defending and to Craig (again) for his heroics between the sticks. I had thought their goal a bit offside (due to a player interfering with play). However the video shows the ref and lino got it right.

A grand day out Grommet!

EDIT - Just been on the Worcester messageboard and picked this bit up:-

"Highlights" for me was a toss up between (i) what can only be decribed as a glorified party popper which was let off in a rather apologetic fashion moments before the players came on which was rather fitting for the big pitch "relaunch" and (ii) the leary and abusive Harrogate fan who had cleary spent too much time in the bar and ran across the corner of the pitch second half and then tried to get back over the hordings in rather unceremonious arse over tit fashion. A shame he didn't land on his head- may have knocked some sense into him. Don't know why clubs tolerate idiots like that. Simple, just throw them out.

I was in the 1919 until the kickoff so missed the party popper. What was it like?

Also didn't see anyone run on the pitch. Was he caught?

Last edited by Dan_Gleebitz on Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added the bit about the Worcester message board)
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:44 pm

Dan_Gleebitz wrote:I certainly hope that Tuesdays game is on as we need to build up the momentum and get people used to coming to the CGN again. I just wonder how many have now "lost the habit"? It was nice to get back there.

Anyhow, I digress. A pretty good game from our point of view. I did get fed up with the commentator for Radio Worcester or whatever,continually slating the pitch. I've seen an awful lot worse in higher divisions over the past few seasons. Worcester's must be like a billiard table then.

A good performance all round, however I was disappointed by the number of times we let them break through though. A sharper team might just make us pay. Congratulations though for the last ditch defending and to Craig (again) for his heroics between the sticks. I had thought their goal a bit offside (due to a player interfering with play). However the video shows the ref and lino got it right.

A grand day out Grommet!

"Highlights" for me was a toss up between (i) what can only be decribed as a glorified party popper which was let off in a rather apologetic fashion moments before the players came on which was rather fitting for the big pitch "relaunch" and (ii) the leary and abusive Harrogate fan who had cleary spent too much time in the bar and ran across the corner of the pitch second half and then tried to get back over the hordings in rather unceremonious arse over tit fashion. A shame he didn't land on his head- may have knocked some sense into him. Don't know why clubs tolerate idiots like that. Simple, just throw them out.

I was in the 1919 until the kickoff so missed the party popper. What was it like?

Hells Bells, talk about precious affraid Party popper was not exactly midnight New Years Eve but we kept that for the performance. As stated in an earlier post, when Worcester came out for their warm up they already had the pitch marked down as an excuse whereas Town get on with it. Also thought 412 was apretty good attendance all things considered.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:48 pm

gedmaloney wrote:
    Dan_Gleebitz wrote:I certainly hope that Tuesdays game is on as we need to build up the momentum and get people used to coming to the CGN again. I just wonder how many have now "lost the habit"? It was nice to get back there.

A grand day out Grommet!

Hells Bells, talk about precious affraid Party popper was not exactly midnight New Years Eve but we kept that for the performance. As stated in an earlier post, when Worcester came out for their warm up they already had the pitch marked down as an excuse whereas Town get on with it. Also thought 412 was apretty good attendance all things considered.

there was a guy outside of the bar shouting abuse at someone but i thought he was a Worcester fan as no one could understand what he was shouting
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:18 am

I'm absolutely stunned by some of the postings on the Non-League message-board by one of the Worcester "fans". And also by their "official" reporter. I was there with my future Son-in-Law who is an Ayr United supporter. He was so fed up with the whinging from the Worcester commentator behind us that he almost got up to have a little (Scottish) word with him Wink . As has been said, Worcester were looking for an excuse for losing even before a ball was kicked. Makes you wonder why?

The photo that's being bandied about by Worcester is also very selective in my opinion, relying on the (brilliant) sunshine bouncing off the pitch, making it look like the pitch was covered in sand. Oh and it was a weird decision for the ref to even consider a pitch inspection but it wasn't the only odd decision he made that afternoon. However as he didn't seem to have favourites, I'm not complaining.
    TooManyPies

Post by TooManyPies Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:50 am

In fairness the pitch is still pretty bad. I thought it would be in a better state after the time to bed in a bit. If other teams fans are going to cry off about it though, and they have in their numbers, then that isn't our problem. Similarly it isn't our problem if they approach games with a "its not our fault if we lose" defeatist mentality.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 6:17 am