Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+9
Dan_Gleebitz
gedmaloney
TooManyPies
Innocent Bystander
JackHTFC
trevdee
nztownfan
Martin L
rangerider
13 posters

NICE RESULT

rangerider
    rangerider

NICE RESULT Empty NICE RESULT

Post by rangerider Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:41 pm

nice result tonight 3 -1 and Knowles bagging 2 more well done lads
    Martin L

NICE RESULT Empty Re: NICE RESULT

Post by Martin L Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:45 pm

Elam made all the difference !

Play offs here we come !

Nothing wrong with an "under the radar" assault.

8 wins in the last 11 games sounds like play offs to me.

OOH TOWN ! Come down on Thursday 7pm........... LETS ALL PLAY OUR PART TO THE PLAY OFFS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:29 pm

Dint even know we were playing.... class Smile

did the ex chelsea player play???
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:35 pm

We were lucky tonight, they should have been 3-0 up.......Thank god we have a superb keeper (MOM for me) and got lucky, guess you need that to sustain a playoff challenge......Dunno what happened to our defense tonight, all 4 of them struggled but I wont rumble on as we got a result.

See you on Thurs!
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:37 pm

was white playing.... injured last game??

Post by Guest Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:45 pm

nztownfan wrote:was white playing.... injured last game??

Yes, commanding in the air but had an off night on the floor. Doesn't look like he has fully recovered from the knock he received against Corby.

We went a goal down, and deservedly so. Second half was following the same pattern then we blew them away out of nowhere. Elam came on and made the difference. Scored a goal and slipped a super through ball for Knowles to use his pace and score.

I'm starting to dare to dream.

S.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:46 pm

White did play, although not to his usual standards, looked like he was still carrying an injury and he wasn't helped by his centre partner, Bloomer who had a shocker.

The new lad didn't feature but I'm sure he will soon.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:48 pm

Imagine if we could play like we did for 20 mins in the second half in the whole 90 mins against Brackley and Halifax, now that would be interesting!
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:59 pm

Elam definitely made an impact, seem to have found the missing key upfront in Knowles as well! Good win, up to 8th now!

Happy Days!
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:20 pm

And a half decent crowd too! Just beginning to get excited .....
    TooManyPies

Post by TooManyPies Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:00 am

Cracking win, train ticket from Newcastle is money well spent! Knowles could make all the difference in the push for promotion. That win was entirely down to him, elam and mcgillivary. On the whole we were poor and didn't deserve it but the best sides win when they're playing badly. Rumblings are that wetherby road should be ok now. Perfect timing for an assault on promotion! COME ON TOWN!
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:12 am

trevdee wrote:We were lucky tonight, they should have been 3-0 up.......Thank god we have a superb keeper (MOM for me) and got lucky, guess you need that to sustain a playoff challenge......Dunno what happened to our defense tonight, all 4 of them struggled but I wont rumble on as we got a result.

See you on Thurs!

Have to agree with you - Craig M was sensational last night with a top drawer save at both ends - the one that he saved straight after our equaliser was premier class. Well done Craig cheers
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:14 am

trevdee wrote:White did play, although not to his usual standards, looked like he was still carrying an injury and he wasn't helped by his centre partner, Bloomer who had a shocker.

Whitey was in considerable pain throughout the 90 minutes - didn't have his best game but when I say considerable I mean considerable - gutsy performance.
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:47 am

Just managed to hear the result last night. Sometimes you win matches you should lose. Sometimes it's the other way round.

But let's face it, we deserve a bit of luck.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:55 am

gedmaloney wrote:
    trevdee wrote:White did play, although not to his usual standards, looked like he was still carrying an injury and he wasn't helped by his centre partner, Bloomer who had a shocker.

Whitey was in considerable pain throughout the 90 minutes - didn't have his best game but when I say considerable I mean considerable - gutsy performance.

Well if that is the case then hats off to White, a proper trooper giving it all! Any news on Killock?

It's funny, other teams are quickly dismissing us as playoff candidates, but 3 out of 3 wins now, some excellent signings (inc a much needed out and out goal scorer) and we now, at long last have a chance to pick up and gain some momentum..More fool the other teams in this league if they under estimate us!
    htown

Post by htown Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:15 pm

Great result. Anyone know if Knowles is signed on contract terms. If he keeps scoring it won't be long before a big club probably bradford come sniffing. Hopefully long term so we can at least earn a few bob out of him.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:08 pm

Great result last night, Knowles might be the 'missing link' we need. He is now, I think, equal third in the BSN table: Reeves, of course top with 24, someone else on 15 and then Knowles on 13 (9 for Trinity, 4 for us...in 2 games!).

League table gets more interesting by the minute: you have to assume that the top three are nailed on for the play offs (even tho' Brackley lost last night...I suppose its possible they may have a late collapse). I can't see Halifax missing out (they have 2 games in hand of us), so I think its the 5th place that is really up for grabs. Bearing in mind our games in hand and most of them being at home you'd have to say its very much in our hands now.

At least we won't be waiting on the last game hoping to avoid relegation this year! Might be the last game needing to secure that play off place. Team does look strong this sason and also a strong squad: having players like Dean, Elam and now Woods on the bench is a real bonus. You have to credit Simon both for the signings, the substitutions and (in the last two games, at least) presumably firing the players up at half time. I suppose the down side is we may struggle to hold on to some of these players: Mac, Knowles etc.

Still, as has been said: happy days Smile

Now if we could pinch a win on Saturday my blood pressue really would start to go into overdrive!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:32 pm

Sorry, me again. Just been looking at that league table again, we should be able to overtake Worcester (6 games in hand!), and we 4 games in hand of Trinity, but I think our main rivals will be Altrincham. We only have 3 games in had of them, and they have the fireepower of Reeves etc. to help them. Anything less than 6th place finish now would be diasappointing, but I think it will be tough to overtake Alty.
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:53 pm

paulstreet wrote:Sorry, me again. Just been looking at that league table again, we should be able to overtake Worcester (6 games in hand!), and we 4 games in hand of Trinity, but I think our main rivals will be Altrincham. We only have 3 games in had of them, and they have the fireepower of Reeves etc. to help them. Anything less than 6th place finish now would be diasappointing, but I think it will be tough to overtake Alty.

Agree that it still looks a tough call but you can't beat momentum at this stage of the season - difficult challenge but would really put cat among pigeons if we got a result at Brackley on Saturday - surely not Shocked
    daztyke

Post by daztyke Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:53 pm

Second half performance was top class although we were lucky to be still in it at half time. Elam's pace caused them a real problem. Chib very strong performance second half also. Simon's tactical awareness also deserves a mention, whatever he said at half time did the trick.

Great night me and my son enjoyed every minute of it.
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:22 pm

Big big gaps in centre midfield 1st half!
    They got through there 3 times unchallenged!
    Even Man United’s defence would have looked jittery under similar circumstances!!!!!
    Whitey must have been doing his nut!!!!!!
    Can’t play 2 wingers if you give teams that much space in the middle of the park!!!!
    Dean helped tighten it up in there 2nd half & brought our midfield closer to the forwards!
    We’re not a long ball side & yet our forwards were receiving more passes from defenders than midfielders 1st half?????
    Workington are no mugs & have some decent players in their side so we have done well to have taken 6pts off them this season!!!!!!

gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:40 pm

Big Lundy wrote:Big big gaps in centre midfield 1st half!
    Even Man United’s defence would have looked jittery under similar circumstances!!!!!
    Can’t play 2 wingers if you give teams that much space in the middle of the park!!!!
    Dean helped tighten it up in there 2nd half & brought our midfield closer to the forwards!
    We’re not a long ball side & yet our forwards were receiving more passes from defenders than midfielders 1st half?????
    Workington are no mugs & have some decent players in their side so we have done well to have taken 6pts off them this season!!!!!!

I would agree - my son reads the game much better than I do and he felt that 2 wide men in the 1st half left us 2 on 3 a lot of the time and we were occasionally overun in midfield. Sorted in second half and am sure we will learn from switching off after we equalised - still think Craig M save could be a season changing save. I 'll say it again - well done Craig and no, I am not his agent. Great keeper and a lovely lad - can't ask for more.
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:43 pm

By the way have to mention the young fella LEe Elam - great bit of skill down our right wing in the second half - worth the entrance money for that alone
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:22 pm

gedmaloney wrote:
    Big Lundy wrote:Big big gaps in centre midfield 1st half!

I would agree - my son reads the game much better than I do and he felt that 2 wide men in the 1st half left us 2 on 3 a lot of the time and we were occasionally overun in midfield. Sorted in second half and am sure we will learn from switching off after we equalised - still think Craig M save could be a season changing save. I 'll say it again - well done Craig and no, I am not his agent. Great keeper and a lovely lad - can't ask for more.

Lundy you pretty much nailed it there...I think if we play that formation, either Bolder or Bolland need to give way for a quicker centre mid, someone who can get hold of the ball and drive forward and someone who will cover the whole pitch, make tackles but then get hold of the ball and support the front men (both Bolder and Bolland don't have the legs to do this). I think we signed the very man perfect for doing that (going by his youtube clips).......Elam is defiantly an impact player when he is brought on late in the game to run at tired defenses, he showed against Alty his weaknesses when starting a game.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:11 am

It's possible to play with wingers and not get over run in midfield. Bolder and Bolland are too similar - I'd rather see Dean playing alongside Bolder in midfield. Bolland is a very good player but that would be my preference in midfield.

Team looking good although it goes without saying that Bloomer isn't good enough - he wouldn't get in my 6 aside team! Sort that out and you've a team capable of the play offs. Take it a step further and get rid of fringe players like Nowakowski, Allan and possibly Hardy and add more quality and we'd have one of the teams in the league.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:32 am