Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

5 posters

Best Goal Ever in a Town Game- see this Vid!

James/Bal

Best Goal Ever in a Town Game- see this Vid! Empty Best Goal Ever in a Town Game- see this Vid!

Post by James/Bal Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:31 am

What would your vote be for best goal ever in a Town game.

Now if you cut me I'd bleed yellow and black, but not sure if you were at the Chester game or have seen this video of Sarcevic v Town this season. Unbelievable Tekkers!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

For Town:

Dave Walmsley once scored a 35 yarder which was pretty special.

My other favourite goal was Ricky Greenhough v Workington in a 4-3 win having been behind 3 times.

Away at Corby last season somebody slammed in a 30 yarder late on- Platt? In an unbelievable 5-0 win to keep us up.

Chib v Torquay for it's significance also has to be up there?

Any other votes?
    trevdee
    trevdee

Best Goal Ever in a Town Game- see this Vid! Empty Re: Best Goal Ever in a Town Game- see this Vid!

Post by trevdee Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:41 am

Yep just a shame I was at the other end of the ground when Chester scored that although Merris should have cleared that ball before he got a chance to do his stuff.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Best Goal Ever in a Town Game- see this Vid! Empty Re: Best Goal Ever in a Town Game- see this Vid!

Post by trevdee Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:46 am

The win at Corby was spectacular last season, I don't recall any of the goals as been spectacular........Platt got a long ranger at Colwyn Bay this season followed by an overhead kick, both were decent.Probably Dan's goal against Hyde this season does it for me.
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:38 pm

Seen loads of classic Town goals over the years but Nathan Peat’s goal away @ Redditch United has to be one of the best!!!!
    No link now to the photo with the goalkeeper still diving in the air with the ball in the back of the net!!
    James/Bal

Post by James/Bal Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:57 pm

That sounds like a cracker Big Lundy, would love to see the photo if it can be found anywhere. You've got to love it when the ball crashes in off the bar.

Haven't really heard about how good Platt's overhead was. Was it a full on overhead bicycle style effort? Would have loved to have seen that.

tigerroar

Post by tigerroar Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:22 pm

No mention for Ollie Barnes' free kick against you at Whaddon a couple of years ago?

The goal your lad scored at Ciren was better than the Sarcevic goal!
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:48 pm

We only take a few away so most Town fans won’t have seen it!
    At least you manage to take a coach to away & HOME games!!!
    Well most of the time!
    Wink
    Not taking the piss as such!
    Just highlighting the problems we fans have of supporting our clubs away @ this level!!!!
    tigerroar

Post by tigerroar Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:20 pm

The video was online since the game but has been recently deleted because my account was blocked when uploaded OUR highlights from our FA Cup game. I'll upload the Barnes goal and the one your man got at Cirencester.

And coaches make me pull my hair out. I can drive to any game but I'd prefer to be driven these days, we usually have about twenty willing to join in but we still have to find £700 plus to get to somewhere like Harrogate. And we've stopped doing the loss making home coaches Sad
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:41 pm

When are you likley to move back to Gloucester?
    tigerroar

Post by tigerroar Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:53 pm

Ahh, the eternal question Wink no idea!

Both goals are online here - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    tigerroar

Post by tigerroar Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:54 pm

Ahh, I remember the shot from your goal, forgot it was a tap in!
    James/Bal

Post by James/Bal Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:14 pm

To be fair that's a decent free kick. Worth watching to listen to the Gloucester commentator go mental.
    j2021

Post by j2021 Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:13 pm

Trevor Benjamin's free kick was the one goal I remember that sent me the craziest, just didn't expect it at all and the way he ran along the side of the pitch celebrating!

Also Jamie Smith's header in the game he scored 4 goals was incredible, the 4th goal with a header was a cracker, never seen a player head a ball from outside the area with so much power and accuracy!
    j2021

Post by j2021 Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:18 pm

Also just remembered Rory Colemans effort from 25 yards against FC United! What a strike! Skip video to 52 seconds!

Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:46 pm

Technically not a Town match but…
    Ex Town player Clive Freeman scoring for Alty against Chester!
    Goal 3 46 seconds in!

James/Bal

Post by James/Bal Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:53 pm

Yeah that is some strike !

There is a very good goal 1 min 30 this season by Meechan v Worcester
    James/Bal

Post by James/Bal Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:54 pm

Also just in case you weren't sure if Town were the best side ever. All 8 of these beauties v Crusaders preseason. It's like watching a premierleague team!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:47 pm