Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+2
nobby99
pie and chips
6 posters

Guisley tomorrow!

pie and chips

Guisley tomorrow! Empty Guisley tomorrow!

Post by pie and chips Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:26 pm

Pitch inspection at 11.30 - info from Guiseley website!Their game tonight was called off.
    nobby99

Guisley tomorrow! Empty Re: Guisley tomorrow!

Post by nobby99 Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:44 pm

Notice we've not bothered to cover the pitch last during last nights rain , wonder why Wink

Why do we or anybody else have to be involved in this excuse for a cup ? Nobody has the slightest bit of interest in it.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:34 am

I don't know why the WRCFA don't re-arrange this for pre-season. Teams could then be playing competitive 'friendlies' (if that makes sense!) in early August, at least get down to the last 4 by the time the season starts. The semis and final could then maybe be delayed until March/April time, when the weather is better. Making teams play these games in the worst of the winter weather is crazy. Lets hope the ground staff didn't work to hard yesterday Smile
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:09 pm

Game OFF according to official website. what a relief! I'll be watching Man City tonight instead.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:15 pm

Oh good I don't need to freeze 2 nights on the trot.....Only problem now is it will replace one of the league games soon...

Lets hope Halifax can have a playable pitch tomorrow, I been looking forward to this!
    pie and chips

Post by pie and chips Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:11 pm

It was Halifax that Guiseley should have played last night. Postponed because of "waterlogged and dangerous pitch"!! Don't hold your breath!!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:42 pm

To be honest I'm relieved the Halifax game is off, I really want to go, but not in Arctic conditions!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:18 am

Guiseley game re-arranged for next Tuesday, TWO days before the massive replay...are you kidding me? Presumably this was at the insistence of the bigwigs at Woodlesford...interesting to see the team picked for THAT one Shocked
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:43 am

The kids will play no doubt.....We could just do with accidentally losing the game, it is a royal pain in the backside with all the backlog of league games.
    michael e

Post by michael e Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:11 pm

paulstreet wrote:I don't know why the WRCFA don't re-arrange this for pre-season. Teams could then be playing competitive 'friendlies' (if that makes sense!) in early August, at least get down to the last 4 by the time the season starts. The semis and final could then maybe be delayed until March/April time, when the weather is better. Making teams play these games in the worst of the winter weather is crazy. Lets hope the ground staff didn't work to hard yesterday Smile

I've heard the suggestion of playing County Cups rounds pre-season, but the County FA have/had a policy of only registered players were eligible to play and they had to played in a match previously in the current season.

Two examples:
    Harrogate beat Armthorpe 10-0 with Danny Holland scoring 4. But at the time was on loan & ineligble. The County FA ordered a re-match.
    The FA stated it was up to each County to decide the policy. At that time loanees could play in FA Cup & FA Trophy (with approval) but not FA Vase.
    Halifax beat Pontefract Colleries 14-3 with a team of reserves & 16/17 year olds. As one was not registered the tie was awarded to Pontefract!

Many years ago Town had a Saturday League match at Gretna called off, because their County FA ordered them to play a County Cup game. Think it was in January of that year.
    nobby99

Post by nobby99 Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:44 pm

I think we need to turn the sprinklers on next Monday. That pitch looks a bit dry to me... Wink Alternatively we should inform them that the 'West Riding' was abolished in 1974, and hopefully they'll disappear up their own backsides.

If this farcically arranged fixture does go ahead, I hope we all boycott it in the hope that the West Riding FA goes out of business.
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:06 pm

no need to panic chaps, -4 the night before. game, set and no match. The elements can work for you aswell as against. I do have a serious doubt thought about the Hastings game, they are having -4 nights all next week. We are having anything from -4 to -9 so I also think Hinckley could be in doubt.

Such a shame as these potential postponements could lose us some all important momentum.

OOH TOWN
    nobby99

Post by nobby99 Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:05 pm

Result - match postponed ! Due to a frozen a pitch and there being less than 1 spectator at the new venue of Tadcaster.....

What a terrible shame - Match of the Day will be gutted.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:07 am