Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

What does the future hold for Harrogate Town?

TheNeil29

What does the future hold for Harrogate Town? Empty What does the future hold for Harrogate Town?

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:01 pm

I have been known to be a fierce critic of Simon Weaver on this forum, and at matches. However, regardless of what League we are in next season, and from rumour mill comments. I believe this is what will happen at Town:

Simon will stay at the club and be given 1 more season to turn it around or he will be moved upstairs and a position madde for him(First Team Coach). Then McDermott will be asked or an experienced manager will come in to manage the squad. I would like to see Peter Taylor or even Hope Powell come in and take charge (I can only dream - but if they bought Hope Powell in, imagine what it would do for the club's reputation, it would put HTFC on the map!)

The Club will turn professional, regardless of what league they are in, but I can see the club letting a lot of the current first team go, and signing younger players to Full Time contracts for the wages what we are paying some members of the first team for playing part time. i.e Brayson (although I would like him to stay as he would be brilliant for the youngsters coming through). Dependant on who the manager is, I think they should look to younger players, who are being released from League 1/2 and BSP clubs (York maybe?) and have a few experienced heads in there also.

They will play at Wetherby Road for the next 4/5 years, until all the community initiatives are up and running. This, in turn will improve the reputation of Harrogate Town, improve attendances and therefore enable the club to be a financially sound, stable and viable business (without Irving getting his Chequebook out) and this in turn will enable the club to look at a different location for a new stadium or maybe a ground share.

Any more thoughts on this?

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:05 pm