Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+7
Harry Gate
Dan_Gleebitz
princes town
Johnny
JackHTFC
Smelemon
paulstreet
11 posters

Whats the sore???

paulstreet
    paulstreet

Whats the sore??? Empty Whats the sore???

Post by paulstreet Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:20 pm

Sat here in a hotel in Lisbon, some Tweeter has said it was 1 1, the official BSN site has it at Town winning 1- 0. Someone PLEASE put me out of my misery NOW, my time is running out!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Whats the sore??? Empty Re: Whats the sore???

Post by paulstreet Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:26 pm

Sore is the right word, the official site has just corrected itself 1-1, and Vauxhall won. S..t. At least Hinckley lost, but we are still in big trouble, Corby away is gonna be bloody difficult!
    Smelemon
    Smelemon

Post by Smelemon Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:35 pm

Could have won, should have won, must have won... But we didn't. Again, at home, our 5th game at home without a win. It seems like our away form is better! It all rests on this last game, no excuse, we HAVE to win this or we'll get relegated, it's that simple. Certainly not getting my hopes up though

Last edited by Smelemon on Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:35 pm

Why is nobody posting, on the brink of relegation and nothing! Our main hope, assuming we dont beat Corby is that Hinckley are away to Staly, who will be desperate to win to get in the play offs. we are all Stalybridge fans for the next week!
    Smelemon
    Smelemon

Post by Smelemon Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:38 pm

I sort of had a feeling that we couldn't hold on to the lead, we just weren't playing at the same standard in the second half as the first. I won't be able to go to this last game, but I'm praying for a win, if we get relegated I can't imagine us doing very well down in the evo-stik either. One thing's for sure, it's a damn close relegation spot.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:42 pm

Please Mr Irving put a coach on, just checked the trains, its almost impossible from Leeds!
    Smelemon
    Smelemon

Post by Smelemon Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:46 pm

The only good news is hinckley lost at home against blyth, now hinckley take relegation spot and face stalybridge away. We still have a chance, but all this relegation palava is stressing me out, way too close for comfort
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:07 pm

Too close for comfort indeed. But after their equaliser there was alot of messing around in our attacks. Many times a decent shot was lined up but a ball was played to the edge of the box where a cross would be put in then defended.

Basically,
    If we beat Corby, we stay up
    If we draw to Corby, we need any of these, Workington to lose vs Worcester, Solihull to lose vs Halifax, Hinckley to lose or draw vs Stalybridge
    If we lose, we need Hinckley to lose vs Stalybridge.
    Johnny
    Johnny

Post by Johnny Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:38 pm

Look at us, clinging onto BSN status.

It is easy to forget we had very real dreams of BSP football several years ago.

Now we have already been relegated, repreived, and now are scrapping for our place in the league again.

Thanks, Weaver, for destroying this club. Smile
    princes town

Post by princes town Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:45 pm

Slightly disappointed with the final result but me and my 2 mates had a great day. I thought the lads started really well early doors but we faded away a little without Solihull actually looking that menacing. Cracking good contest which in the end could have gone either way. We all thought that best players were Elam and Meechan but overall I don't think we kept the ball well enough. Too many long balls. The substitution didn't help 1st half either as Chibby became isolated.
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:19 am

Are there any other teams in the Evo Stick that are full time? I was more than a little disappointed to find that we were still in a perilous position when I got off the plane
    Harry Gate

Post by Harry Gate Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:59 am

Town should have lost in the last min. The lad had an open goal and miss kicked straight to our keeper. In my opinion if brayson was on the pitch Harrogate win 3.1.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:49 am

Very disappointed with the performance. It just goes to show Weaver has finally lost the plot. Tactically inept, out of ideas, nearly gave the game away completely in the last minute.

This sounds horrible, but I;m noe really hoping that Hinckley turn over Stalybridge, as we wont get anything from Corby and that we are relegated. Then we will see how committed Irving Weaver is to the club, if he is going to allow his pathetic excuse of a son that manages the Club, and in 3 seasons has destroyed this club's reputation.

Thanks a lot Simon, but do us all a favour. f**k off and take daddy with you.
    crowbar6753
    crowbar6753

Post by crowbar6753 Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:41 pm

Sorry, but i to agree with Neil29, with these two at the helm its going to be like the sinking of the Titanic all over again. With the players and cash Weaver has had at his disposal the following 3 seasons we should not be in the position we are in, he is tactically inept as a manager and has absolutely zero man management skills.
    As i have said before i am not sure that i want Town to stay up (Which pains me to say), i just want the weavers out or at least one of them, because if we do survive it we be same old! same old! next season, and if we go down we may be lucky enough to see the back of them both and start afresh!!
    Roll on Corby, i think!! Neutral
    Doggy

Post by Doggy Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:21 am

crowbar6753 wrote:Sorry, but i to agree with Neil29, with these two at the helm its going to be like the sinking of the Titanic all over again. With the players and cash Weaver has had at his disposal the following 3 seasons we should not be in the position we are in, he is tactically inept as a manager and has absolutely zero man management skills.
    As i have said before i am not sure that i want Town to stay up (Which pains me to say), i just want the weavers out or at least one of them, because if we do survive it we be same old! same old! next season, and if we go down we may be lucky enough to see the back of them both and start afresh!!
    Roll on Corby, i think!! Neutral

IMHO I don't have a problem with W#@ver Clan running the Club, it's nice that Bill off loaded it to someone with brass. The plans, to improve the Ground the Academy and all the things that will raise the identity of Harrogate Town AFC, is fantastic. I do however have a problem with the way the results have gone. Proving that we do need a Manager that can do the job of getting the Club back on track and going for promotion? This is season three and where have we got to? If we carry on with Simon W#@ver as Manager where are going to get to? A new Manager with fresh ideas and a proven track record with S W as a technical director or something with a made up title is needed. Please just get a Manager installed. Throwing money at S W to buy good players and ruin the team has not worked for the last 3 seasons. We will never be the Team that we used to be with him in charge. At any other club in any other League this would never have been tolerated. Next Manager please!

TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:51 am

I dont have a problem with Irving Weaver. I think all the groundwork he and the board have put in with the improvements and the community initiatives with Tad Nowakowski is brilliant, and more non-league clubs would do well to follow Town's lead. I just wish Irving Weaver would find a set of bollocks and tell his son it isn't working out. He has had his chance with being in charge for 3 seasons, and if he really wants the club to improve, he would look at the bigger picture and realise that the only way the club's fortunes will improve is if Simon steps aside, and a more experienced manager comes in, but we all know there is no way he will do that, so i'd rather the pair of them leave the club.
    Doggy

Post by Doggy Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:45 am

TheNeil29 wrote:I dont have a problem with Irving Weaver. I think all the groundwork he and the board have put in with the improvements and the community initiatives with Tad Nowakowski is brilliant, and more non-league clubs would do well to follow Town's lead. I just wish Irving Weaver would find a set of bollocks and tell his son it isn't working out. He has had his chance with being in charge for 3 seasons, and if he really wants the club to improve, he would look at the bigger picture and realise that the only way the club's fortunes will improve is if Simon steps aside, and a more experienced manager comes in, but we all know there is no way he will do that, so i'd rather the pair of them leave the club.

So if you can see it, I can see it whats stopping Mr W#@ver Snr. He is now commited to the Club by putting in money to improve the Ground. He can,t just walk away and leave it so like you and I say get a Manager with a track record and history now and let W#@ver Jnr have another Job within the Team.

Last edited by Doggy on Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mispelt words.)
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:38 am

Doggy and Neil are right (again!). I have no problem with Irving and his plans (and he seems like a decent guy and all that), but surely he must recognise that his son cannot hack it at this level. We all have to recognise that Simon stays at some level, but a 'proper' manager has to be appointed, if Irving is REALLY concerned about taking this club forward.
    BB

Post by BB Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:35 pm

I think it comes down to: Does Irving want Harrogate Town to succeed as a team, or does he want to do all he can to help his son become a good football manager. He has more loyalty to his son than to Harrogate Town (as would we all)

Nobody wants to be relegated, but will Irving accept that (not that he can do much about it now)if it means Simon can get some more experience, at whatever level.

Would Simon accept any other position than manager. When everyone will know that he can't hack it. Would there be a position which he would take. Would a new manager come in knowing that the previous failed manager, who has become a nominal director of football or suchlike, and who is the owner's son, is looking over his shoulder?

Like most of us, I think Irving is a decent bloke, who is doing a lot for the club 'off the field'. My understanding is that Bill was going to pull out whether there was anyone to take over or not, and we would have dropped 2/3 divisions. We would still have needed someone to step in to run/finance the club.

Irving bought the club to let his son try to be a manager..it could have worked out...but it hasn't.

It's alright saying that Irving should pull put (I don't think he should), but what would happen then? Is there another millionaire waiting in the wings. If not where is the money going to come from. Would the club be insolvent, go in to administration/liquidation?

I don't know! and to be honest I think all we can do is hang in there, comment as we feel, and hope for the best. Didn't we say when Bill left that it was going to be an interesting ride and to just hold on (and enjoy it!) while we can.

TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:40 pm

I would still want the both of them to leave the club, and I would rather the club go into liquidation, and be re-formed as a Phoenix club (but that will never happen) than have Simon Weaver in charge. I'm really hoping that Irving sees sense and does the right thing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 10:27 am