Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+9
TheNeil29
princes town
Doggy
paulstreet
JackHTFC
Dan_Gleebitz
rosvere
ChrisM
crowbar6753
13 posters

A plea to the Weavers!!

crowbar6753
    crowbar6753

A plea to the Weavers!! Empty A plea to the Weavers!!

Post by crowbar6753 Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:30 pm

The club is in total free fall,the manager couldn't manage his way out of a wet paper bag, two relegation's in two years!!! dwindling support and s**t football. Where else in world football would this be allowed to carry on, Harrogate Town Football Club is now an absolute joke!
    So i am making this plea for myself and 99% of the clubs fan base "Simon, please do the honorable thing and resign, you've given it your best shot and failed, your not the first and will definatley not be the last. Put us out of our misery so we can start enjoying Saturday afternoons again.
    ChrisM
    ChrisM

A plea to the Weavers!! Empty Re: A plea to the Weavers!!

Post by ChrisM Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:39 pm

Clubs doomed now. Sad
    rosvere

Post by rosvere Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:09 pm

Breaking news!Just been told that Halifax
    are to be joined by the Weaver clan next season!!
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:22 pm

Eh?
    rosvere

Post by rosvere Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:25 pm

Come on Dan what day is it?
    It would be the Rugby club
    with the type of football we play.
    I.E. big punt up field!!
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:04 am

rosvere wrote:Come on Dan what day is it?
    DOH! Embarassed

Laughing
    ChrisM
    ChrisM

Post by ChrisM Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:16 am

Fell for it too Very Happy
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:06 am

I'm starting to grow tired of the same old, poor performance week in, week out.

In summer there need to be a major change of direction.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:54 am

Mr Weaver Sr. is a very successful business man and would not tolerate this in his business life, so why is he tolerating it with his son's 'business'. One can only hope that SOMETHING is going to happen (joint manager/Simon Director of football, with a first team coach or something, ANYTHING).
    How can he watch match after match and not realise that change is needed?
    Doggy

Post by Doggy Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:57 pm

JackHTFC wrote:I'm starting to grow tired of the same old, poor performance week in, week out.

In summer there need to be a major change of direction.

The only direction change will be down to the Evo Stik Embarassed
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:27 pm

Does anyone know of a situation where the same manager has led the same team to 'relegation' twice in three years in the same league? Maybe Simon is going for an entry in the Guinness Book of Records.
    princes town

Post by princes town Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:32 pm

Just wanted to wish Gate all the best.

One thing I was curious about looking through the results was the crowds for midweek game. I went to the Stortford game and it was 180. They seem so low compared to Saturday games. Why is this. You could normally expect up to a 25-30% hit but not 50%. It can't be money surely
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:33 pm

Let me tell you why the gates are low. They are low because we have a useless, incompetent manager in charge, who hasnt got a clue how to man manage his players.

The fans are staying away as we have had enough of watching the same crap, week in, week out.

Weavers dad is worth a lot of money, and it's probably the interest off that money that is running the club.

They dont care about crowds. If Weaver Sr. really cares and wants things to change, he has to think in the best interests of the club, and not his son. But there again, we all know he doesnt give a s**t.
    princes town

Post by princes town Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:21 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:Let me tell you why the gates are low. They are low because we have a useless, incompetent manager in charge, who hasnt got a clue how to man manage his players.

The fans are staying away as we have had enough of watching the same crap, week in, week out.

Weavers dad is worth a lot of money, and it's probably the interest off that money that is running the club.

They dont care about crowds. If Weaver Sr. really cares and wants things to change, he has to think in the best interests of the club, and not his son. But there again, we all know he doesnt give a s**t.

It was the midweek-weekend comparison that made me curious but the answer seems to be that people can't be bothered to make that extra effort during the week.
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:00 am

princes town wrote:
    TheNeil29 wrote:Let me tell you why the gates are low. They are low because we have a useless, incompetent manager in charge, who hasnt got a clue how to man manage his players.

It was the midweek-weekend comparison that made me curious but the answer seems to be that people can't be bothered to make that extra effort during the week.
    Summarising it all, our gates are low and (I guess) if you were to trend the attendances over the past (say) 4 seasons, you'd probably notice a gradual decline. The results, particularly in the last 3 seasons are almost certainly to blame.

Generally, midweek games attract less fans (particularly away fans) than do the weekend fixtures. On top of this, given our poor recent form I suspect that there's less incentive to come out on a Tuesday evening when you've got work the next day. Certainly I find it difficult to motivate myself to get home quickly, get changed out of my working duds and trot down to Wetherby Road by kick off time - particularly as the chances are better than 50-50 that we'll not win (and better than 90-10 that the football will be crepe.
    princes town

Post by princes town Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:00 am

Dan_Gleebitz wrote:
    princes town wrote:

Summarising it all, our gates are low and (I guess) if you were to trend the attendances over the past (say) 4 seasons, you'd probably notice a gradual decline. The results, particularly in the last 3 seasons are almost certainly to blame.

Generally, midweek games attract less fans (particularly away fans) than do the weekend fixtures. On top of this, given our poor recent form I suspect that there's less incentive to come out on a Tuesday evening when you've got work the next day. Certainly I find it difficult to motivate myself to get home quickly, get changed out of my working duds and trot down to Wetherby Road by kick off time - particularly as the chances are better than 50-50 that we'll not win (and better than 90-10 that the football will be crepe.

That makes sense. Still they are doing a whole lot better than they were when I was in Harrogate in the late70s/early 80s. Posh old rugby town when I lived there. Darlo will bring a few down next season. Hoping I can get down today.
    j2021

Post by j2021 Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:57 am

Yeah, looking forward to it today, hopefully we can get another much needed 3 points and start edging away from the bottom 3!
    Smelemon
    Smelemon

Post by Smelemon Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:31 pm

Well this is just sad, still can't find that home win Rolling Eyes it's past the point of praising a draw, we need to win these games, if we won this, we'd be in 14th, we drew and we're in 19th, that says it all
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:17 pm

Cold, miserable. And the weather wasn't much different.

Should have got 3 points from a team already down. Yes, I know where only 19th on goal difference, but if Histon win the game in hand, we're in the bottom 3! And as has been pointed out elsewhere, we've not got the easiest of run ins.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:11 pm

To add insult to injury. Vauxhall beat Stalybridge, Histon won at Gloucester and Workington beat Colwyn Bay.

We really needed 3 points today, and I was very disappointed with the performance. I'm not one to defend Weaver, but in his defence, his players just werent listening to him, or giving him short shrift (Luke Dean being one of them). It just felt like he has lost the players and they are all focused on finding contracts for next season, instead of doing their best for the first team.

The wrong person got man of the match as well. It should have been Lee Elam. He was the only one willing to run at the Blyth defence, and caused problems on the wing and in the centre of the park. Brayson, Chilaka and Youhill should have started. There was no Jake Picton in the squad today either, and he didnt look injured. Mark Cook was inconsistent today, making the wrong decisions time and time again, and wouldn't heed the advice that McDermott and Weaver were screaming at him.

All in all, it is 4 points out of the last 6. But the performances at home have to improve. With Vauxhall and Histon winning, we cant afford any more mistakes, or we are down.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:58 am

Yup, a pretty bad set of results for us, could hardly have been worse, at least Blyth didn't win it in the last minute like thery should have done.

We are now in deep. deep trouble: our run in looks horrendous: a long trip to Colwyn Bay (who need to win to more or less guarantee their safety),home to Solihull (also not safe) and Corby away, who may or may not be safe by that stage. I'm away for the last home game so I don't know if I will be watching Evo-Stik or BSN footy next season.

It was actually quite an entertaining game Monday (for the neutral!), lots of open play and chances. Still, we should have won it, I don't think anyone played badly (although Beezley was a bit of a passenger): Chilaka ahould certainly have started.
    Smile Smile
    Agree that the lack of any attempt to gee up the support was disappointing: The PA annnouncer didn't really do anything, at least the regular guy does try and drum up some atmosphere Bltyh had more vocal support and thery are already down.

Impossible to forecast who will go down, but thank God we beat Boston on Saturday. We havn't managed a goal in 270 minutes at home, thats really how to get the fans motivated Shocked maybe its better that two of our last 3 games are away.

Nothing to do now but wait (and wish you were a Guiseley fan Smile
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:49 am

I'm beginning to wonder if I saw the same match. And isn't "TheNeil" on an exile from the ground until Simon isn't our manager so he couldn't have been there? Laughing

What I saw were 2 poor teams going through the motions for 90 minutes. Had my visitors not been 3 hours late, I wouldn't have gone myself.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:09 pm

I ended my exile as there was nowt much else to do, so i thought i'd pop down and catch a game.

paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:20 pm

Can't really agree Dan, what about Youhill's two blistering runs down the line in the second half, (hardly going through the motions!), Adam getting stuck in, Wayne Phillips causing us some trouble down the wing, compared to the last 3 home games it was at least entertaining, but then maybe I'm easily pleased Smile
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:57 pm

I think it was entertaining in phases. But a few things were obvious. Start with Brayson, Chilaka up front and Youhill and Elam on the wings, results would change overnight. I would actually keep these 4 next season with Nowakowski (even if the alleged wages Brayson receives is a bit excessive and we remain as a Semi-Pro outfit) and rebuild the squad completely.

If we get relegated, there has to be big, big changes at the CNG for next season.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:11 am