Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

5 posters

Managers Word on Town Web Site

Doggy

Managers Word on Town Web Site Empty Managers Word on Town Web Site

Post by Doggy Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:30 am

I don't think W#@ver has anything to say anymore, not seen a new Blog from him for some time now! Wonder Why Rolling Eyes
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Managers Word on Town Web Site Empty Re: Managers Word on Town Web Site

Post by paulstreet Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:37 am

He's busy consulting his 'Big Boys Book of Excuses'.
    Doggy

Post by Doggy Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:42 pm

I'll be away from the CNG for the Corby game I'd rather spend a bit more on watching The Bantams Vs Accrington at Valley Parade. A bit more atmosphere and entertainment. I just can't stand being pi$$ed off anymore, B.P.A. match killed it for me.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:11 pm

I think it killed it for a lot of fans to be honest. I think all fans who read these posts should go on strike. Then maybe when Weaver and Co. are getting 50-100 fans to a game, then maybe they will leave!! (Wishful thinking........ Rolling Eyes )
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:52 pm

We only get Managers Word when we've won, drawn or it's been so long since the last match, people have forgotten what happened.
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:22 pm

We only get a blog when were winning! Blog when were winning!!!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:06 pm

It wouldnt surprise me if we didnt hear anything for the rest of the season now....you would think he would come out and say that they are struggling and need the crowds behind them, but he cant even bring himself to say that as he knows that the majority of the points raised on these forums is valid. He is a pathetic excuse of a football manager who I wouldnt even trust managing a Sunday league team on the Stray.

Last edited by TheNeil29 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)
    Doggy

Post by Doggy Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:43 am

JackHTFC wrote:We only get a blog when were winning! Blog when were winning!!!

Sounds about right Wink
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:46 pm

It will always be the same way. I wonder what excuse is next though, as he is wearing out the manual of big boys excuses.
    Doggy

Post by Doggy Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:15 am

Over a month now, we had a 6-2 win but still zilch.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:14 am

He won't respond as he knows the fans are right in everything they are saying, and any excuse he gives, we will see right through it and pick up more to go at him over.

I dont blame him for coming to Harrogate to start his managerial career in the first place, but surely even he has to admit that it is not working out for him.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:31 am

After (nearly) three years (two with a decent budget) he surely has to have enough self knowledge (self respect?) to know that it is not working. I guess we can't expect him to leave but some shake up in the managerial structure is surely essential.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:19 pm

Wishful thinking, but on a more serious note. I dont care who says anything about infrastructure, community development, staff or players. They can all mention it and try and justify/defend it until they are blue in the face. The pure and simple fact of the matter is that whilst Weaver is in charge. Harrogate Town is fucked. It is actually THAT simple.
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:47 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:Wishful thinking, but on a more serious note. I dont care who says anything about infrastructure, community development, staff or players. They can all mention it and try and justify/defend it until they are blue in the face. The pure and simple fact of the matter is that whilst Weaver is in charge. Harrogate Town is fucked. It is actually THAT simple.

I don't think it is actually that simple. I'm no lover of Simon as a manager, but the fact is that however we were doing now even if we were managed by 'arry, we CANNOT get promoted out of this division until our ground meets BSP standards. Therefore I cannot see a "decent" manager wanting to come here knowing that. Can you?
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:25 am

Well, I have to disagree there, because actually, I could see a more decent manager than Weaver wanting to come to Harrogate. John Deacey and Steve Kittrick are 2 that come to mind straight away. There are also plenty of experienced managers currently out of work who would jump at the chance to get back into management, even at a part time level, and even in Harrogate Town's current so called 'stadium' predicament.

And where does it actually say that the ground does not meet BSP standards?
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:33 am

TheNeil29 wrote:And where does it actually say that the ground does not meet BSP standards?

If you look at Grade F

Then we don't and (as I read it) CAN'T satisfy point 1.6 under any circumstances where we are now. I'll be honest and say that there may be other points (the actual security of tenure might be one) that we don't meet either.

It has been debated on here previously by those more knowledgeably than I and IIRC it was Bill's big justification for having a new ground.

You might be right that about an experienced manager wanting to come here. I still don't think one would, given that we can't get promoted in the current ground. What's the incentive? Thinking about it however, would a "retired" manager be prepared to come in on a part time basis to give a bit of help?
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:28 am

I'm still insistent in the fact that there are better managers out there than Weaver, who will come in and manage, even given the current predicament. Even if we moved to a new stadium, Weaver still isnt the man for the job. The fans will still stay away whilst he is in the hotseat, even if a new stadium is built.

What is the situation with Wetherby Road, do Town own it? or is it council owned, and leased to the football club?

Can you also send me the link to where the information on grading is?
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:14 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:Even if we moved to a new stadium, Weaver still isnt the man for the job.
    There I agree with you. And as I said in a previous post, IF we are in a new ground that meets the standards of a higher division, THEN there will be a problem and Irvine Weaver will have to deal with it then.

As I see it he can either sell us on to someone who move us up in whatever way they can, install an able manager himself or we stay in the same situation as we are in now, but with a better ground. There is of course the possibility that Simon will have developed into a managerial "ace" by that time.

TheNeil29 wrote:What is the situation with Wetherby Road, do Town own it? or is it council owned, and leased to the football club?
    Owned by the council and leased to the club. Don't know how long the lease is or the terms though.

TheNeil29 wrote:Can you also send me the link to where the information on grading is?

You have to log on and click on the "Grade F" part of my post
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:23 pm

I don't think there's any doubt there are better managers out there. But if a new manager came in its almost certain we won't have an owner.
    Doggy

Post by Doggy Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:53 am

JackHTFC wrote:I don't think there's any doubt there are better managers out there. But if a new manager came in its almost certain we won't have an owner.

Yes that seemed to be the impression Irving gave at the last “Open Forum”. One out, all out!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:44 am

Most realistic option I guess is for us to hang on to our BSN place for two or three years, by then Mr Weaver Senior might have got other income streams coming in to the club, so that we will no longer be wholly dependent upon him and his money. He (and Simon!) might then move on, but we would have a stable club financially.
    Doggy

Post by Doggy Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:40 am

paulstreet wrote:Most realistic option I guess is for us to hang on to our BSN place for two or three years, by then Mr Weaver Senior might have got other income streams coming in to the club, so that we will no longer be wholly dependent upon him and his money. He (and Simon!) might then move on, but we would have a stable club financially.

Only if we are winning and the crowd numbers pick up I suppose IMHO.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:09 pm

I just want the Weavers (or at least Simon) to leave the club. If that means that Irving would pull out his support, sure, we may suffer for a few seasons and drop a few leagues, but at least we would have our independance back.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:32 pm