Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

3 posters

Another new player..

paulstreet
    paulstreet

Another new player.. Empty Another new player..

Post by paulstreet Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:39 am

Its a bit like the Titanic taking on new passengers AFTER they hit the iceberg! Paul Bolland is the unlucky chap joining the sinking ship: good luck lad. At least he's called Paul Smile
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Another new player.. Empty Re: Another new player..

Post by paulstreet Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:22 am

Being serious, he does seem to have a pretty good pedigree: football league througout his career until joining Mansfield this season...could be a decent signing.
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:59 pm

Sorry if I'm being a Jonah, but how many players have we seen with a good pedigree who start off well and then get worse?
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:58 pm

By the way, I'm bored at work and it's ****** freezing here Smile

Since the start of the season (ie, not friendlies) I make it that 33 different players have put on the Town shirt (including being on the substitutes bench). And Bollard will make 34 if he gets to play.

Seems like a lot considering we've played 27 games.
    Smelemon
    Smelemon

Post by Smelemon Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:27 pm

Seems a good signing, but I cant judge until I see him on the pitch. Weaver has a habit of making seemingly decent signings that don't deliver in game, I'd love for him to prove me wrong with Bolland Cool We'll see on Saturday, if weather permits Rolling Eyes

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:36 pm

I’m almost at the point that Weaver could announce he’s signed Messi, Xavi and Iniesta, and I’d still be left wondering whether they would make any difference. Put simply Weaver is a manager that can’t manage. Absolutely no problem with his signings which are for the most part, pretty good, and in that respect, I imagine all the hard work he puts in demonstrates that. Unfortunately, that’s the easy part. Weaver generally signs better players than Aspin did, but it’s knowing what to do with them. If you look back at when Aspin was in charge, every player had a role to play, whatever their capacity, even the subs. You knew that if we were holding on to a slender lead then players like Philpott or Leigh Wood could be brought on and provide some extra protection at the back, etc. Anyway, I’m in danger of going off on another rant and harking back to the good old days, perhaps I’ll just leave it there for now …

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:40 pm