Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

4 posters

Town 2- Gainsborough 1

JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Town 2- Gainsborough 1 Empty Town 2- Gainsborough 1

Post by JackHTFC Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:27 pm

We beat 3rd placed Gainsborough. Great Win!

Richard Pell=Great
    Alex Meecham=Great
    Very Happy

nice to see the fans havin' a go at the end too!
    j2021

Town 2- Gainsborough 1 Empty Re: Town 2- Gainsborough 1

Post by j2021 Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:43 pm

Top display from every player on that pitch today!

Couple of mentions, Richard Pell was outstanding today, won everything in the air and got the winner! Alex Meecham looks a top loan signing, every time he got the ball he was always looking for that killer pass and his goal was out of the top drawer! Also think Will Turl has the making of a top centre forward, really hope he can keep his place in and I think he deserves a run of goals, always gives 100%!

The defence looked solid, the full backs are looking like they are up to the job defensively and going forward and I really like the Pell and Picton partnership, Mid-fielders looked a lot more up for it today, strong tackles put in and they seemed to have a lot more confidence in driving forward and getting shots away!

Obvious mistake from the keeper in tricky conditions but he made up for it with a couple of top saves!

After the last game I kind of put the blame towards Weaver for not making subs but he made the subs today and I think they made a difference to our attacks, Elam came on and looked direct, and Jonny Allan came on and held the ball up well and looked sharp. Credit to Simon a today!

But a top top performance from the lads and just what we needed after Tuesdays poor performance,
    Keep it up !
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:57 am

Can't disagree with any of that. Great afternoon, great win, great performance! Lets face it, the club and the fans really needed a lift and all credit to the players for providing it. As well as agreeing with all j2021's points, I'd add that it was, I think, the first time I'd seen the team play well for the whole game, and it made a real difference. Turl was a revelation, looks like he will now have further competition from Paul Beezley as well. Pity we now have 2 weeks before the next game (half of Meecham's loan period!). 2 points off the play offs Smile
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:55 pm

Couldn't make the Frickley match and on the basis of that result, wasn't intending to make the Gainsborough one either ("Here we go again"). Glad son persuaded me.

How are Gainsborough up where they are while we are gnashing our teeth? Thought the result reflected the match. On this basis, we'll finish higher mid table...

...but by the account I got from a friend who saw BOTH Frickley matches, we'd have been lucky to make the local pub Sunday league. How can we be so Jekyll and Hyde?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 9:42 pm