Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

4 posters

1000 + on Saturday!

Big Lundy

1000 + on Saturday! Empty 1000 + on Saturday!

Post by Big Lundy Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:23 pm

Rumour is there could actually be a crowd of over 1000 down @ the CNG on Saturday!!!!
    Shocked

The Doctor

1000 + on Saturday! Empty Re: 1000 + on Saturday!

Post by The Doctor Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:42 am

Good luck today, hope you give fax a good stuffing, 5-1 to Harrogate

Post by Guest Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:13 pm

1107 official attendance today.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:58 pm

Seeing as how nobody else can be bothered to post about the game yesterday, I thought I would provide a wholesome review of proceedings.

First half we were better then them, second half they were better than us. Good penalty save.

Cheers

S.
    The Doctor

Post by The Doctor Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:39 pm

As a Rail fan i wanted u so much to stuff them as Fax are a nasty bunch, I went onto their site and they said they battered u and u were lucky , which i do not believe as its the numpties from Halifax, who have found their level now and are no longer a football league side which they think they are, any club who goes into admin are clueless. All the best for the rest of the season.
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:59 pm

On that showing neither side will be challenging for a play off place at the end of the season!
    Aspin has a list of players he wanted to sign to challenge but didn’t have the finances to bring them in!
    Promotion out of Blue Square North is a totally different ball game to what they have achieved so far!

Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:39 am

Tedious match when I look back at it.

Despite their pressure, they never looked like they were going to score (however, it was a good save for the penalty). Mind you, it appeared that most of the play was just inside our half.

But no, neither of these teams is going to set the league alight. I'm not so bothered as we've been pre-warned by "Big Daddy" Weaver that we'll be in this division for a few seasons yet. However, I think Hafilax are finding out (like a lot of teams do) that it's relatively easy to spend your way out of the lower leagues, but that when it comes to the BS ones, the amount of money you need to get out increases exponentially.

Crowd of 1100+ There were an awful lot of Halifax supporters there - outnumbered us Harrogate ones so more like a home match for them.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:42 am

Not a great game by any means, but what a difference to see the ground well filed (even with away supporters). We edged the first half, they were all over us in the second: one of those games were a draw felt more like a win. Who is Zack Jones? A few questions:
    1) Pell was superb, why has he not being playing all season?
    2) Why doesn't Bore make more runs at defences? Looks really dangerous when he does
    3) When are the managerial side going to get a proper joint striker for Brayson? It may cost money but surely Mr weaver senior could finance it! I notice that Daryl Clare is on the market again...based in Louth, so could get to us for training etc.

Couldn't fault the committment, effort etc. on Sat. Need that and some goals tomorrow!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 11:28 pm