Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

4 posters

Phillips gone to Blyth alongside Armstrong!

JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Phillips gone to Blyth alongside Armstrong! Empty Phillips gone to Blyth alongside Armstrong!

Post by JackHTFC Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:05 pm

We knew it was coming! Crying or Very sad These too outgoings genuinely sadden me!

Phillips gone to Blyth alongside Armstrong! Empty Re: Phillips gone to Blyth alongside Armstrong!

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:54 pm

JackHTFC wrote:We knew it was coming! Crying or Very sad These too outgoings genuinely sadden me!

I wouldn't say it saddens me exactly, but it's certainly a blow. What i would say is that, although very dangerous going forward, Philips was guilty of not tracking back and leaving the team exposed. Not sure I always approved of his attitude either, often moaning, etc if he didn't get the ball played to him first time. Contrast this to Scooby who works his socks off for 90 mins and if he doesn't get the ball will work to make himself available, get stuck in, etc. In view of this I really hope we secure Scooby for the forthcoming season - i consider him more of a key player.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Phillips gone to Blyth alongside Armstrong! Empty Re: Phillips gone to Blyth alongside Armstrong!

Post by paulstreet Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:28 am

It was pretty inevitable I guess, but sad none the less. Three of my favourite players from last season: Roma, Armstrong and Phillips gone. I suppose these days we have to accept getting to know 75% of the team fresh every August, but its quite disruptive. We certainly now need a quality winger AND left back. According to the Advertiser yesterday Pell has re signed.
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:23 am

Pell should add some strength. Weaver did say in the advertiser he is chasing a left back and he has a few names in mind. He also says he's still chasing Richard Marshall and news about him should come in a few days. He's also chasing Chib Chilaka. Determination from Weaver I see!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:28 am

To be fair to Simon weaver he does seem able to persuade some pretty decent players to come and sign for us, both last season and, so far, for next.
    rosvere

Post by rosvere Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:44 pm

Hi,JackHTFC,I can say without fear of contradiction that weaver has not been
    chasing scooby. To me weaver is going back to his contract in the
    draw scenario!!He has asked scooby to come pre season and see how
    it goes.No wonder players have no respect for weaver.
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:12 pm

But the advertiser said or is that just him?
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:56 pm

Armstrong is Blyth captain for the season.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:33 pm

That's quite a surprise, he didnt really show much in the form of leadership when he was on the pitch. That might have been the sweetener that tied the deal up for him I suppose.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:06 am