Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+2
j2021
TheTown
6 posters

Danny Mills

TheTown
    TheTown

Danny Mills Empty Danny Mills

Post by TheTown Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:36 pm

I remember when we got to the first round in a few interviews with Sky Sports News and other national press he spoke about coming to Town towards the end of his career because he lives in Duchy. A long shot but was released by City in the last few days [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and seems to have been injured for a while but still interesting idea.
    j2021

Danny Mills Empty Re: Danny Mills

Post by j2021 Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:27 pm

I was thinking the same !!!!! Very Happy But then i thought again and just thought IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN !!!!! But it wud be great ... if ever he will end up joining us when hes like 36 or sumat ... Crying or Very sad
    TheTown
    TheTown

Post by TheTown Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:31 pm

Its a nice thought though ay. I thought he was older than 32 I just checked, thought he was around the 35 mark. Im guessing he'll want to play at least a couple more years at league level and then hopefully want to come play for his local club!

PS Also any admins able to get rid of whatever the software that is highlighting random words and trying to promote stuff?
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:07 pm

TheTown wrote:

PS Also any admins able to get rid of whatever the software that is highlighting random words and trying to promote stuff?

Yes, it's somewhat annoying isn't it - I a, looking at the problem to see if I can isolate it and get rid of it!
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:03 pm

Where does the highlighting happen? I havent come across it?
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Admin wrote:Where does the highlighting happen? I havent come across it?

I've sorted it mate, one of the options that got ticked activated website links - I have deactivated it now!
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:56 am

Awesome thank you..
    BenBobRob
    BenBobRob

Post by BenBobRob Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:38 am

Former England defender Danny Mills has ended his playing career at the age of 32 after two injury-plagued seasons.

Right-back Mills was released by Manchester City on 1 July but had not played a match since January 2008.

"Unfortunately I have now got to the situation where I can no longer continue to play," Mills told BBC Radio 5 live. "So, really as from today, I'll be retiring from the professional game and looking to do other things.

"It has been difficult. I was fortunate it wasn't my decision in the end. I've been around the world - America, Germany, Sweden, London - I've been everywhere trying to get it sorted.

"I've been out for 18 months. I'm likely to have another operation in three or four months' time. Basically the knee just can't cope with it any more."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    TheTown
    TheTown

Post by TheTown Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:21 pm

After his op I think he should give Simon a word and try and get fit down at the CNG. Like I said at the start of this thread living in Harrogate and speaking to him a couple of times I know it was always his intention to play his last couple of years at town. And no offence to the guy he made the best of his talents, but I think he would be brilliant at this level, strong in the tackle and fully committed to defending. I think he might as well have another crack at trying to play he is only 32, if it doesnt work knock it on the head, im sure he still wants to be walking when he's 50, but worth a try.
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:50 pm

He will cost us a bomb!
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:52 pm

Not necessarily, depends on his reasoning and demands. Football and this level is very rarely a first income for players retired from the main game!
    j2021

Post by j2021 Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:11 pm

Wonder if anyone could contact him to let him know that we wud love him to try play for us!!!!!
    IT WOULD BE GREAT!!!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 5:42 am