Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+2
sulphurite
YoungStato123
6 posters

Deacey set to join Town!

YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Deacey set to join Town! Empty Deacey set to join Town!

Post by YoungStato123 Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:01 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Deacey set to join Town! Empty Re: Deacey set to join Town!

Post by sulphurite Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:47 pm

Can only be good news.
    riverside

Post by riverside Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:41 pm

Re: Survival mathematics..not QUITE all over yet
    by riverside on Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:13 am
    I agree Big Red Machine it wouldn't serve any purpose to relieve Simon Weaver of his Managers post with 7 games left, he might as well be allowed to see it through, find out where you'll be playing next year, then make some decisions.
    However, I do find it very hard to see how you can compare him with Alex Ferguson?? You're correct in saying Fergie was nearly given the bullet at Man Utd, but Fergie had already won things with Aberdeen, he stopped the dominance of the 2 Glasgow sides and won European Competitions. Mr Weaver has won nothing previously as a manager and by the looks of it is going to take you down. Fergie didn't do any of that.
    On the other hand hopefully he will have learnt from his mistakes and if you do keep him as Manager for next year, regardless of what division you're playing in, he'll have to perform a HELL of a lot better than he has this year.
    His rant, which was published on the website after the Ilkeston game was disgraceful. How is that going to insipre men, that he brought into the club, to play for him?
    He also hasn't any coaching experience and I am not sure whether his assistant has any either. I think this is a negative which he needs to sort out.Reading some of your comments about movement etc it doesn't sound like they are coached. He only goes on about , passion, desire and commitment, which are needed but a team also needs more technical aspects of the game coaching.
    Fergie ALWAYS ensures he has top quality coaches around him, he manages, they coach. Simon is very enthusiastic by all accounts, however I feel he needs to step back and MANAGE and let a Coach get the team playing in a way they know and above all can play to. I have watched Town a few times this season and feel they lack structure and a game plan. Fergie would never allow that to happen. Just a few objective thoughts from an outsider.

I posted the above in April and I think it looks like the club have had a long hard think about where they are going. Deacey as Simon's Assistant seems to me what the club and team has been crying out for. Someone with experience, pulling power to get the right calibre of players and also coaching experience. Aiden Savory has played for Deacey at Bradford PA so it's no suprise that players like him are now signing. I think when Deacey gets back from Thailand, where he's been representing England Vets in the Vetrans World Cup, you will see more signings come into the squad. I hope you keep in the Blue Sq North as I believe you will see a different team this year. I also hope Simon listens and learns from Deacey as I am sure he will only benefit from Deacey's experience and knowledge.Here's to a lot more successful season
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:05 am

Well, is Deacey joining or not?

paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:11 pm

This has rather spoiled my good mood after the reprieve has been confirmed AND we get yet another good player. We really NEED John Deacey, don't let him slip away Bill and Alan please!
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:15 pm

"After last week’s confusion surrounding the appointment of former Bradford Park Avenue coach John Deacey as Weaver’s assistant, the Town boss says the club are still seeking to fill the post"

The above quote taken from The Advertiser:

Looks like we might have messed up another chance here.

Information is great when correct but to make an official statement when not 100% is not good.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:08 pm

REALLY bad news if so, lets face it Simon Weaver still needs to prove himself as a manager and JD would have been a fantastic addition to the dug-out. Perhaps they will surprise us with another 'star' signing as Assistant, but I was really delighted when I heard Deacey was coming, a bit deflated now.
    Wonder if he wanted a bit more 'control' than SW was prepared to give him?
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:59 pm

Could this be a coincedence?:

TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:30 pm

I dont know why he would leave Grimsby to become Assistant Manager at Harrogate. He managed Bury for 3 years, before moving to Bradford as Youth Coach, then becoming AM at Grimsby.

He does have a lot of experience as he has been with Team Bath, Bury, Bradford and Grimsby previously, but I dont see why he wants to come to Harrogate, but then if he does, i dont think he would come cheap.
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:06 pm

sulphurite wrote:Could this be a coincedence?:

Yes it is!
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:24 pm

Big Red Machine wrote:
    sulphurite wrote:Could this be a coincedence?:

Yes it is!

Fair enough. I do like to speculate as there is not a lot of news coming from the club.

Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:26 pm

I thought it was a good guess, it fell into the time line nicely!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:42 am