Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

2 posters

Team Selection

Crossan

Team Selection Empty Team Selection

Post by Crossan Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:13 pm

I was surprised at the team selection for Saturdays game in so much as Simon blooded three of the new signings.  These young lads have only been at the club a few days and to expect them to have an immediate effect I think was asking a lot against a very experienced Cambridge team.

I know we were missing Keirnan, Fallowfield and Martin but why did we not start with Falkingham Kerry and Stead, perhaps Falkingham is not 100% fit? Where is Beck these days, injured?

I see we have now sent Miller on loan to Notts County for the rest of the season?  Never had a lot of game time at Harrogate, he looked decent to me, but not given many chances. Does Simon not rate him now? Tom Walker was also sent out on loan to Notts County but I think his loan was short term?    

The player who was really outstanding in the game on Saturday was Wes Holahan of Cambridge, he controlled the midfield, great display.
    Trainset

Team Selection Empty Re: Team Selection

Post by Trainset Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:36 pm

Don't worry it's just Simon spaffing the club's debt money up the wall, why persist with a player you wanted when daddy can make sure his wholly unsustainable budget hides his mistakes with players.

So proud they can accumulate so much debt against the club in the pursuit of Simon's career.

Weaver FC
    Crossan

Post by Crossan Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:40 pm

I was reading that Calvin Miller says he has settled in at Notts County much better than he did at Harrogate and he would be willing to make his move permanent at the end of the season.  He quotes Managers attitude towards him and the fact that Weaver told him that he was changing the teams formation and would not be playing with wingers??!!  Hence Miller would not get any game time.
    Crossan

Post by Crossan Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:05 pm

I see we have made another signing, a 22 year old from Kings Lynn who was previously with Norwich. He describes himself as a pacy winger!!!

So perhaps Simon Weaver really did not rate Calvin Miller and has not given up on wingers as per my previous post!!! Who knows???

Sponsored content

Team Selection Empty Re: Team Selection

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:02 am