Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

2 posters

Chorley FC

Ozzi

Chorley FC Empty Chorley FC

Post by Ozzi Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:35 pm

What a couple of days we’ve had. Another three points and up to third in this crazy Leauge. We are certainly getting it together now after our indifferent start to the campaign. Think today was certainly a roll your sleeves up encounter. I can’t say one man let us down today, great to see. Don’t normally give marks for performances, but here they are.
    Belshaw 9
    Bradley 8
    Burrell 8
    W.Smith 9
    Hall 9
    Kerry 8
    Falkingham 9
    Emmett 8
    Diamond 8
    Muldoon 8
    Stead 8
    Excellent boys.
    Also, let’s not forget the quality on the bench we had Cracknell, Fallowfield, Thomson + Brendan. Not the biggest squad, but quality rather than quantity.
    Onwards and Upwards,
    Proud to be Town.

WhiteRose11

Chorley FC Empty Re: Chorley FC

Post by WhiteRose11 Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:13 pm

Ozzi You were at a different match than the one I was at, yes we got another 3 points but only thanks to massive errors from their keeper and again we had Belshaw to save us. Same v Hartlepool we got away with that and the score line flattered us.

You have give Bradley an 8, wow, he should have been sent off - everyone in the ground apart form the ref would have given that horrific attempt at a tackle as a straight red. His corners were awful not one reaching a team mate.

Diamond and 8 I struggled to get him to a 1 he lost the ball 100% of the times he got it - not one pass in 90 min.
    Emmett not much better, ran around but like a headless chicken.

Only Falks and Kerry as outfield players had a good game but that was mainly breaking up Chorley possession.

Where has our football gone we do not pass it on the ground we have no width we are a lump it team - kick and hope. Last season we played short passing football which Simon said was our style and was a joy to watch. playing through the 3rds. What is being served up now is just awful, there is no playing as a team summed up by Diamond who gets the ball head down takes on 3 players maybe beats 2 but then loses the ball - a complete waste of time whereas one touch simple passes would be much more effective.

Bring back the football I say.

Ozzi

Post by Ozzi Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:07 am

Some people take some pleasing I’m afraid. We are forth, three points off the top in a very tough Leauge. Games like Saturday at probably one of the worst grounds in the Leauge, especially at this stage of the season are always going to be a dog fight. If you don’t agree we didn’t play well, especially in the second half, that’s your opinion. But, considering the state of the pitch, very soft and cutting up, which has to be considered, we did a great job on a team struggling and could of been a banana skin in the waiting. Keep the faith, this group of players are going through brick walls to get us we we all want to be.
    Proud to be Town.
    WhiteRose11

Post by WhiteRose11 Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:12 am

Of course the wins and the 3pts are pleasing as is the league position, but lets not pretend we are playing good football crikey v Chorley we couldn't find a team mate from a throw in on a number of occasions which has nothing to do with the pitch. All I'm comparing even on bad pitches last season we played football this season we are not but we are getting results more over because of unforced errors but we will take them, absolutely.
    Ozzi

Post by Ozzi Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:49 pm

Ok no harm done Whiterose11, I get your point. One thing I would say though to back up what has been said, is, there are games we would proberbly lost last year, which we are now winning. Think it’s got to be down to more bite in the team, as well as experience as well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:53 pm