Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

2 posters

Thrown ins

Mr Apples

Thrown ins Empty Thrown ins

Post by Mr Apples Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:28 pm

Not to detract from my post in praise of our performance against Chesterfield but... Given the havoc as a target man, that Becks frequently creates in the opposition box, can someone pop down the gym and work on their biceps and triceps, and perfect the neglected art of the long throw please? It works very well for Bromley. Our apparent inability to launch the ball any distance, would put Larry Grayson to shame...
    BB

Thrown ins Empty Re: Thrown ins

Post by BB Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:21 am

I remember that a few years ago we had such a player… he could easily launch the ball across the penalty area..  I recall he was a ‘stocky’ guy, forgotten his name.

The other thing about throw ins, apart from the amount of foul throws that the refs ignore (I guess it gets on with the game), is why the assistant linesmen wait for the ref to decide which team have the throw in before they raise their flag.

It must be a deliberate pre match decision that some/most refs have made to tell them that he will decide, even if he’s 50 yds away and unsighted… why would a ref figure that he’s always going to have a better view?

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:25 pm