Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

4 posters

Dover away

GARAGE

Dover away  Empty Dover away

Post by GARAGE Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:41 pm

Really glad i went to this game.
    Dover must wonder how they lost this game and we must wonder how we won it.
    Thought we played well in parts but did our usual and alowed them to get back into the game and score. I was settling for a 2-1 loss when Mottley-Henry played a nice ball for Williams to get to the byline and pass to Beck who did his bit to hit the back of the net. Then Mr Thomson came up with his cracking 30 yarder to give us 3 points.
    Belshaw had a good game and had no chance with their goals. I’ve still not decided on Senior but Mottley-Henry looks okay on the short time he was on the pitch. The back 4 does not look good enough but the management are trying different formations to solve our problems at the back. Langmead Leesley and Knowles must be wondering how they can get back into the fold
    A1 drifter

Dover away  Empty Re: Dover away

Post by A1 drifter Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:06 pm

A great win for Town and well done to all those who made the very long trip south.
    Crossan

Dover away  Empty Dover Away

Post by Crossan Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:30 pm

Great win for Gate and I take my hat off to the lads who made that long journey.   Interesting your comments about the changes to the back four Garage.
    We keep leaking goals, not sure why Weaver started the game without Callum Howe, he did not play badly against Stockport and even in his after match interview Weaver said he made a mistake in having him on the bench!!!

I think I would play Langmead and Howe in central defence, don't know why Langmead does not even make the bench, is he injured?  
    I don't think Burrell is suited to play at left back he is not naturally left footed which I think puts him at a disadvantage.  Could give Burrell a game as a defensive midfielder, this could give the defence some cover to many time we have been caught on the break or given the ball away in midfield.

Its too early to tell about Senior but my worry is that he lacks experience for this league as Kitchen has found out at times.

Be interesting to see what team Weaver puts out on Saturday.  My usual gripe is that Williams never gets a start!!!
    WhiteRose11

Post by WhiteRose11 Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:51 pm

Don't think Langmead fits with Simons plans somehow. Kitchen was ball watching for Dovers goals so appreciate he is young and learning but he makes too many mistakes for me. You could play Burrell as the defensive midfielder but who gets left out? Senior and Kitchen is far too inexperienced especially in a leaky defence imo so only 1 of the 2 for me so i pick Senior

Don't think Simon can change the front 3 it is working whether or not you like the individuals.
    WhiteRose11

Post by WhiteRose11 Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:23 pm

Just seen Chief Brody's Vlog and Tommo's goal is even better from the view from behind the goal - GK absolutely no chance

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content