Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

4 posters

Simon Ainge

Townfan
    Townfan

Simon Ainge Empty Simon Ainge

Post by Townfan Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:23 pm

Bit on our Facebook pages that he is going to Wrexham and Scott Boden is coming here.
    Could be a good deal for us as Simon has not looked the same player since his groin operation and has lost his place to Mark Beck over the last four games.
    Thoughts?
    fulhamphoenix

Simon Ainge Empty Re: Simon Ainge

Post by fulhamphoenix Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:36 pm

Ainge has looked a troubled player his last few appearances and if his departure gives Beck more confidence to do the business, it could be a good move for us. Ainge could score goals when in his prime and did he ever miss a penalty ? But with Knowles showing some attacking prowess and Beck giving putting a bit more effort into his performances and the long-awaited (due to lack of appearance time) purple match awaited of Thewliss, we could be fine without Ainge. I dont follow footy except Harrogate, so ... What's this Scott Boden got to offer ?
    Ozzi

Post by Ozzi Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:12 pm

Really surprised with this development, but I agree with Townfan about Si not being at his best since returning from injury. Maybe brought back too early, one never knows. But, the emerging presence in the last couple of games of Becky, linked wi the classy Knowles, is becoming a great forward line. Regarding Jordan, I just think he’s unlucky at the moment as he’s a very good player too. On a final note, I’d like to wish Simon all the best at Wrexham. With him going out, and Ben not getting a look in, is the Captaincy going to Falky on a permanent basis. He certainly looks the ideal candidate with all his orders and organising he is constantly barking out during games.
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:24 pm

The Wrexham website isn't very informative other than Boden is a 28 year old striker. Welcome and good luck to him anyway if he joins Town.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 6:36 pm