Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+2
paulstreet
Townfan
6 posters

Salford City away

Townfan
    Townfan

Salford City away Empty Salford City away

Post by Townfan Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:57 pm

So...Ellis, Parker, Knowles, Platt & Kerry injured. Robertson, Shiels & Clee ill. Cadman cup-tied.
    Nine players unavailable, only four named on the bench..... that's not a bad result !!!!!
    Barrow Saturday.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Salford City away Empty Re: Salford City away

Post by paulstreet Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:31 am

Absolutely fantastic!! I had a sort of feeling we might just scrape it, but 3-0 ! Can't wait for Saturday now, should be a fantastic afternoon. Our old rivals Barrow (FA Cup heroes as well). I remember in the days of the 'Nasties' some of their fans calling us 'animals'. Those were the days eh?

Might be a few selection problems for SW, Cadman deserves a start after Saturday, but surely you can't break up a winning team. Incidentally, why isn't this forum buzzing with posts after such a fantastic win. Come on guys, even Carefree might come back!!

Will fans be segregated? Nothing on the website so far. Incidentally, the official site says that this is the first time we have reached the FA Trophy First Round. That surely isn't true. we have a bad record, but not THAT bad! I found a programme last night FA Trophy 2nd Round against Burscough. Any statto's out there to confirm that? Big Lundy?

Anyway, roll on Saturday, lets have a cup run and banish those winter blues.

Attendance? 900?
    boselecta

Post by boselecta Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:09 am

Some harsh words from there joint manager.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:59 am

Certainly summarisers on radio we're full of praise for Town. Need to take that result and turn it into the springboard for getting a positive run going till season end. Just what we needed!
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:25 pm

paulstreet wrote:Absolutely fantastic!! I had a sort of feeling we might just scrape it, but 3-0 !  Can't wait for Saturday now, should be a fantastic afternoon. Our old rivals Barrow (FA Cup heroes as well). I remember in the days of the 'Nasties' some of their fans calling us 'animals'.  Those were the days eh?  

Might be a few selection problems for SW, Cadman deserves a start after Saturday, but surely you can't break up a winning team. Incidentally, why isn't this forum buzzing with posts after such a fantastic win. Come on guys, even Carefree might come back!!

Will fans be segregated?  Nothing on the website so far.  Incidentally, the official site says that this is the first time we have reached the FA Trophy First Round. That surely isn't true. we have a bad record, but not THAT bad!  I found a programme last night FA Trophy 2nd Round against Burscough.  Any statto's out there to confirm that?  Big Lundy?  

Anyway, roll on Saturday, lets have a cup run and banish those winter blues.

Attendance?  900?
    The names of the Rounds have been changed over the years but this is the first time we have reached the last 64.
    It's quiet on here because we won.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:37 pm

We only type when we're moaning, type when we're moaning......
    Wetherby Mike

Post by Wetherby Mike Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:06 pm

The full set of FA Trophy results up to2009/10 are in Phil Harrison's book. The stand out match was the "3rd round" on 12 January 2002 away to Doncaster Rovers of the Conference for which there are some interesting pictures on pages 304/5. This was the only time, at least up to 2010, when we had survived in the Trophy until January - still a very long way from Wembley!
    KatSwinn

Post by KatSwinn Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:31 pm

Wetherby Mike wrote:The full set of FA Trophy results up to2009/10 are in Phil Harrison's book. The stand out match was the "3rd round" on 12 January 2002 away to Doncaster Rovers of the Conference for which there are some interesting pictures on pages 304/5. This was the only time, at least up to 2010, when we had survived in the Trophy until January - still a very long way from Wembley!  

I went to the Doncaster match. It was at their old ground Belle Vue. I remember a steward
    insisting that I went in the child entrance and paid as child even though I was 25 at the time!
    I didn't argue with him Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 1:32 am