Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+11
Townfan
GARAGE
fulhamphoenix
trevdee
Surplus
Chips97
HTAFC Away Travel
Big Lundy
AndyPark
super_les
Darlofan97
15 posters

.....Darlo.....

fulhamphoenix

.....Darlo..... - Page 2 Empty Re: .....Darlo.....

Post by fulhamphoenix Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:36 pm

Thanks for the link Big L - so all 3 stands together hold 2500 leaving 1500 bodies standing around what is left of the perimeter of the ground. That doesn't stack up to me!
    Anyway it's a trivial matter compared to the others we're facing, not least of which being not able to match most (maybe all!) the teams in the top half of the table. I hope I'm wrong but I see the Darlo result going the same way as our last 4 results.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:43 pm

Nothing to lose and all to play for! With our injury list we should have a new mantra that it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog! Darlo fans see it as 3 easy pts. Good opportunity for us to make a game of it then!
    AndyPark

Post by AndyPark Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:23 pm

Surplus wrote:Nothing to lose and all to play for! With our injury list we should have a new mantra that it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog! Darlo fans see it as 3 easy pts. Good opportunity for us to make a game of it then!
    I assure you that we do not see this as an easy game.

Every game is different, whilst we come into this in decent form and you's not; does NOT make it by any means EASY.

Knowing our luck, you'll thump us 4-1.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:41 am

Andy- I was really looking forward to this run of games but being hit with injuries always leave you wondering what if. Hoping on Saturday we will make a fist of it as it'll be tight come season end for playoff places seeing as fylde are heavily bankrolled and performing well.
    Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:57 am

Not a chance do any Darlo fans see this game as an easy 3 points at all, these types of games rarely are in fact.

Would certainly take a draw, looking forward to visiting Harrogate tomorrow.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:58 pm

Advice would be to get here early as roads are pretty shocking, parking is ok on sts estate and usually a queue on the turnstile. That said food outlet is nice but no access to a pint. Empress pub or swan on stray or Devonshire place pub are alright. Empress is closest to a pub! Knock yourself and your wallet out at Betty's, and hopefully they'll be a good game of footie to be had!

If you've got as many friends as you think, then I'd deffo get in early as you'll be queuing till xmas for a cuppa and 4 portaloos aren't going to improve your mood either!
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:37 pm

Well, that's behind us thank god. Small matter of Ellis 3 match suspension! At least we're losing to teams at the top!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:55 pm

Just what the flying ffff was Weaver doing today?

3 centre halfs with yet Platt out of position when we could have played a solid 4-4-2 today...It was clear from the first 5 minutes that our players were lost playing that position....Weaver royaly fooked up today and even with the injuries we had the players to put out a solid performance. Why the hell hasn't chibs had a run of games? Those young lads up top in the first half couldn't hold the ball up between them.

I'm lost for words, the management have crawled back into their old shitty ways and over complicated things....

Worst performance in years that!!
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:29 pm

The other option was to resort to Colbeck at RB and Turner in LB position but that's not ideal either! Missing key midfielders and strikers! Reece and Chib up front for me. Can see what SW means about workrates with Day as tracked back into defence a number of times but ideally want your strikers up the pitch as an outlet or holding the ball up. Small matter of maintaining confidence now and trying to stop the fans getting restless. Not saying we would've won any of the recent games but the injury list is killing us at the moment forcing positional changes and formations. Only consolation for me is that we are losing against teams in the playoff positions meaning that we have to take pts off the other teams in the league and hope we are up to strength when we play away at this teams!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:46 pm

I don't think we are as crippled by injuries as we think...Yea a bit light weight up front but otherwise we could have played 2 banks of 4 or even 5 in mid with one up top...There are no excuses I don't think, at least try and maintain some bloody consistancy...playing 5 at the back today really screwed us up and he has tried it many times over the years with the same shower of shite result......weaver just doesn't learn, tinkering and over complicating things at a time when we are up against it ultimately has fucked us up today.
    fulhamphoenix

Post by fulhamphoenix Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:58 pm

Darlo put us in our rightful place today.
    We had a goodish (for us) side out which mainly showed plenty of effort but was outclassed all over the park both by a better organised and more skilful (and in that order) team.
    If I were a betting man I'd put money on Darlo to win the league.
    Today proved to me that we are simply 'also rans' and not good enough - even with excuses.
    Oh! I know it helps when you win but I thought Darlo fans were impeccably behaved today.
    On the subbing, am I the only one who thought Brooksby was amongst our better players and question why he was subbed?
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:00 pm

We are very light up front.  Day got MOM last week by mistake. He does work hard but not up to this level yet. Thanoj or Burrell should have been MOM today. Why have we got another keeper when we need forwards. The coaching and management team need a kick up the ar** .I wonder what team they'll come up with for next week's game at Salford.
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:11 pm

Agree that Darlington will win the league.  Very good side with a good manager
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:18 pm

Ellis will be out for 3 so hopefully Ainge and Shiels with Parker and Colbeck. Not sure about this back 3 with wingbacks?
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:43 pm

Ellis misses one game. Next Saturday.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:20 pm

Thought it was 3 for straight red but still poses defensive issues for us against Salford!
    super_les

Post by super_les Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:53 pm

Surplus wrote:Thought it was 3 for straight red but still poses defensive issues for us against Salford!

Different bans depending on the offence, denying a goal scoring opportunity is a 1 game ban, the ref was very sure he wanted to send your lad off be interesting to see if any other players were around Cartman at the time.

Obviously as a Darlo fan very happy with how today went, we are building up really well at the moment and getting better each week. Most of us are enjoying being where we are in the league and will be very happy if we get a play-off place.

Enjoyed our visit and a nice ground you have, good luck for the rest of the season other than when we face each other.

Surplus

Post by Surplus Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:54 pm

With fylde and halifaxs stumble today nothing to stop you going all out for top spot! Shame about today as our injury list is really impacting us at the moment. Can only hope rest of season is a bit kinder. Thought red was harsh but refs called it. Dropped 12 pts in last 4 games. Thought your fans were a credit to you ( except for 2 flares!).
    boselecta

Post by boselecta Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:08 pm

Hate to say it but we are really struggling.Hats off to Darlo fantastic team and what a midfield,different gravy.
    Today was like most others,we were all over the place.We are 16 games in and still trying different formations yes, injuries don't help. Feel sorry for the young lads up front who gave there all but to lead the line you must have a physical presence...very lacking.Ho how I wish we had Clayts(sent off today) leading the line.OK did not score many but a centre backs nightmare IMO thats what we have missed all season,a real battering ram.
    With 3 different voices,each asking different hings from the players, you can see just why we are looking lost on the pitch.
    We are missing big players through injury, but at the end of the day surely SW as to hold his hands up and take some blame?
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:17 pm

SW will never ever take the blame...he could be out drink driving, kill a kid and still blame the curb....probably get off scott free too as daddy would buy his way out!

I am really really feeling like spending my Saturdays doing something else...The whole thing is a car crash from the performances, to the management and then you have Plank, Dan and the rest that are a bloody joke...That hard work to give the fans a voice within the club has well and truelly gone so with the crap been served up on the pitch combined with the cronies it really is getting too tedious for even me to take.
    boselecta

Post by boselecta Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:53 pm

All the goals.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Tommyb123

Post by Tommyb123 Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:13 am

Out of order that trev. Killing kids ? Put your name up so we all know who you are. I think you should apologise in person for that comment in person at the ground at Monday training.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:32 am

Got to concentrate on getting something out of Salford and then putting 1 hell of a run together. I'm still targeting 5th spot but we've got to stay injury/ suspension free. Pressures on the pitch are excaerbating cracks elsewhere! SW not responsible for the reds or all the injuries, he's just responding and starting 11 would've looked different as might formation and result!
    HTAFC Away Travel

Post by HTAFC Away Travel Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:25 am

Individual errors are really costing us at the moment. Shiels stupid sending off at Chorley, Crook allowing the ball to roll under neath him at Fylde and Ellis throwing himself in to a challenge for their second yesterday and subsequently getting sent off. Non of these you can blame on the management.

Even with the defeat, I thought we played very well at Fylde, and also first half against Kidderminster. Yesterday we were completely outclassed all over the pitch and Darlington deserved the points.

Chatted to a few players after the match and they were all so down. I just hope Simon can turn that around.

Danny wasn't sure if it is a 1 or 3 game ban. Both Jack and Dom hope to play a part on Saturday. Lloyd hoping to be back at the beginning of December.

All is not lost.....
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:44 am

JP looked to be walking well so hopefully he'll be back. Need to keep Parker fit as feel it throws out the balance of the team. Good couple of results against Salford and Brackley will have us back in the hunt!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 11:03 pm