Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+9
trevdee
Faraway Fan
Surplus
Tommyb123
HTAFC Away Travel
Big Lundy
TheNeil29
Mike of Wetherby
Chips97
13 posters

Corby- the playoffs start here

Surplus

Corby- the playoffs start here - Page 2 Empty Re: Corby- the playoffs start here

Post by Surplus Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:51 pm

Whisky and a mallet? I've opted for the cinema and captain America with a super sized Coke/ popcorn combo. Not working so far!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Corby- the playoffs start here - Page 2 Empty Re: Corby- the playoffs start here

Post by paulstreet Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:06 pm

Playing 1960's music to remind me of.my.lost youth. That's not working either! 19 hours to go, its the hope that kills you. We HAVE to win... don't we??

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:41 pm

Surplus drop a whisky in with some John Martyn and Jackson C Frank
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:39 pm

Good taste carefree!
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:33 am

Still not working, and yes we have to win. We've been around the playoffs for an age, at times played good football so let's hope.
    As said elsewhere, could be a very costly admin error for Nuneaton!
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:29 am

Going to be a long long day. I feel dreadful already.

After the hope (done that all week) comes the fear (currently doing that) and after lots of restless thought, I'm sticking with the previous statement of if we can't beat Corby (respect given) then we don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

Tommyb123

Post by Tommyb123 Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:37 am

Don't worry lads the job will be done today. Then a few jars in the bar.
    HTAFC Away Travel

Post by HTAFC Away Travel Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:47 am

A few?
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:19 am

Best get up there early for the pre-match warm up!!!
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Wink
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:37 am

Five and a half hours to go
     The calm before the storm. I am feeling confident, we are going to win today.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:46 am

Hope so Paul, failure is not an option!
    fulhamphoenix

Post by fulhamphoenix Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:23 pm

Looks like a winning team selection to me. No excuses today!
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:46 pm

Excellent 1st half. Just started taking foot off gas. Need to keep that foot on Corby's neck in the second half.
    Faraway Fan

Post by Faraway Fan Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:10 pm

My forecast of 3-0 half time score was correct--thank you football gods--as things stand we will play Fylde in play-offs and Boston will face Ferriby. 45 mins to go--let's get to 5-0
    Faraway Fan

Post by Faraway Fan Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:00 pm

So there we have it--4th place finish--best ever--Well done TOWN.
    A decisive 5-0 victory will mean we play Fylde in the play -offs and Boston will play Ferriby.

BRING. IT. ON.

See Y'All on Wednesday!!!
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:08 pm

Operation 1000+ worked. Credit to the club for putting out so much advertising. Think what we could achieve with database and targeted advertising!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:17 pm

The unsung hero today was Thirwell.......exactly what I said all along and guess what, we played high tempo on the floor as predicted!!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:29 pm

Wow! I'll tell you something, 3 goals in 17 minutes sure helps to calm the nerves. Thought everyone was excellent. Thewlis is so skillful, just needs a finishing touch. And hats off to Simon as well. I was a doubter but he has done the business this season
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:08 pm

National North looking pretty tasty next season: Darlington, Salford, Halifax, Alty plus three of the play off teams. Possibly us or maybe it will be Town v York City. Either way... happy days.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:20 pm

Need to write this season down as a success, both in terms of league position, predominant playing style and player recruitment and development.
    Also a success off the pitch with vibrant fan base and plenty of ideas to take forward.
    What happens in the playoffs is anyone's guess but we've as good a chance as the other 3 teams.
    It's not always the destination that's important, sometimes it's the journey taken, and feel that we have learnt a lot about ourselves in terms of confidence and spirit.
    That said, let's stuff flyde on Wednesday so the return leg is a mere paper exercise!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:14 pm

You are right surplus. I obviously want us to win the play offs but if we fail (3 in 4 chance), this has still been s.great season. Attendance at first Saturday home game 375. today 1025, never thought I'd see it. We now for the first time (in my view), seem to be really part of the town. Lots to be proud of, come what may. But, as you say, let's stuff Fylde on Wednesday!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:18 pm

And what's happened to all.you other posters. A great day and radio silence. I'm getting drunk but still posting. Come on!!
    Faraway Fan

Post by Faraway Fan Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:30 pm

Give me a break Paul--I'm busy packing!!!
    fulhamphoenix

Post by fulhamphoenix Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:15 pm

My optimistic take on recent performances .... We can beat fylde if we play it on the floor like we did today.
    Boston looked worse than us when we played them 2 weeks ago but may have something more up their sleeves not showing In that game. Into playoffs Boston have won 5 out of 6 with a draw against us - so the form team.
    IMHO we will beat fylde and Boston will beat N Ferriby then the final - down at our place - is up for grabs. If so -twill be a fantastic atmosphere with probably over 2k attendance.
    Town in with a v real chance of playing the likes of Big teams like Grimsby, Wrexham, Chester and Derby rivals York next season- some home atmospheres. However we'll need some new players if we get there but let's get there first, that's for another strand.
    boselecta

Post by boselecta Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:58 pm

Well I've said it all season with the quality of our squad, we would make the play offs and we we have.Now is the time for each player to raise there game and step up to the mark.I really think with a full strength team we can beat any team on our day in this league.My big worry is with Lewis struggling Joe is IMO is not a right back.Going forward great pace ,super cross yet, his defending is poor.Keep him on the wing.
    Burrell,might be a midfielder but I really think he would make a great right back.
    Any way lets enjoy whats been a great campaign and season.I know S W has had is critics,but you have to give the guy massive credit,great achievement and its not all over yet.
    Well Done !!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 9:58 am