Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+4
TheNeil29
paulstreet
Chips97
boselecta
8 posters

Liam Hearn.

boselecta

Liam Hearn. Empty Liam Hearn.

Post by boselecta Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:35 pm

Injured on is way back.Now tummy bug..what next.
    Big reputation but seemingly where ever he plays, he's always in the treatment room.

Liam Hearn. Empty Re: Liam Hearn.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:20 pm

boselecta wrote:Injured on is way back.Now tummy bug..what next.
    Big reputation but seemingly where ever he plays, he's always in the treatment room.

…….the end of season and we have been mugged off.

As said before I hope we are not paying for him given these layoffs – takes the piss. On paper this should have been a great signing but perhaps the reason we could make this move was down to the fact he was about as match fit and sharp as a Neville Southall return. At this stage of the season and with hindsight, we needed someone who could go straight into the team and not someone with an increasingly questionable track record of ‘injury’.

Given the need for players up front next season regardless of the division we are in, I would rather us go for players from lower down the leagues as opposed to lads who have pretentions of being football league but have no hunger to be at HTFC, away from just jumping on the Weaver £ gravy train. Think his lack of any reaction to signing for town on twitter unfortunately spoke volumes for his thoughts about the move, now translating into #sicknote #moneyfornothing
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:05 pm

Spot on carefree about nailing the next few signings in. They've really got to add something to the team, as well as to the position/s they've been signed for. Personally have Ellis on the recruitment panel asking questions about hunger, desire, professionalism and work ethic. Kids have tummy bugs to get off school, FFS Linekar crop sprayed the pitch mid game. Hopefully some groundwork and a list of potentials is already drawn up even before the playoffs.
    Chips97

Post by Chips97 Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:17 pm

Come on guys give the guy a chance! Maybe he is actually Ill and recovering. When he played a couple of games he looked lively and like he was going to hit the back of the net very soon.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:30 pm

Some lower league guys have certainly been banging the goals in. Kilheeny for one. Not to mention Liam Hardy and a certain Nathan Cartman! I hate to keep mentioning it but Chin has got 14 goals for BPA ( a poor team) this season. Never seems to get injured and will almost certainly get you 10/12 goals a season. We'd be in the play offs already with Chib in the squad. Still, no-one listens to me!
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:27 pm

I really want Hearn to make a fist of it and your right chips, he got in good positions and has a track record. He just needs to be playing, for his own sake as well as ours and nowt would make me happier then him scoring and putting us up.

Last edited by Surplus on Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Punctuation)
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:00 pm

I have given up on Hearn, I just hope we aren't paying his wages.
    j2021

Post by j2021 Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:50 pm

Seems a bit harsh to give up on him already. Not his fault he's had injuries. I'm hoping he comes back for the play-offs (Not pre-empting anything) and fires us to promotion.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:03 pm

People wishing he will come back firing should have a think about match fitness, he didn't have any when he arrived - hence his misses against Telford and general lack of impact, might even explain his ongoing injuries. Stomach bug as well - come on, as Surplus says its a school excuse, especially when we have missed him for the vast majority of time we have been paying for him......Given that he is not our player and the club is spending a decent wedge on him I fail to see the faith being put in him. Yet another passenger up front. (would also speak to Lincoln fans around the context of his departure - not the best and again seems to typify our output from him so far).
    wootontommy

Post by wootontommy Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:06 pm

Agree in some part with Carefree. Hearn missed gilt edged opportunities when he first arrived and was 'fit.' After being out for for a few games now, his fitness will be compromised, so I don't think we should pin any of our hopes on him. I personally would not particularly miss him if he did' t play.
    wootontommy

Post by wootontommy Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:07 pm

Agree in some part with Carefree. Hearn missed gilt edged opportunities when he first arrived and was 'fit.' After being out for for a few games now, his fitness will be compromised, so I don't think we should pin any of our hopes on him. I personally would not particularly miss him if he did' t play.
    wootontommy

Post by wootontommy Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:09 pm

Surplus

Post by Surplus Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:09 pm

I don't know. 15 mins left, you're 1-0 down to Corby and your season depends on it, got Colbeck and Daniels peppering the box with crosses, Clayt's winning knockdowns, think I'd chuck him on and hope depending on what else was on the bench.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:22 pm

Hopefully we won't be 1-0 down to Corby with 15 minutes to play next week!!
    boselecta

Post by boselecta Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:56 pm

Seems Hearn as failed to turn up again today..If I was SW,i'd pay him F ... all.I really thought he was the answer to our prayers when we first signed him.All can say is what a mercenary, with a shite attitude.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:07 pm

Wonder how different the season would've ended if we'd had Jerry Yates for longer.

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:37 am

boselecta wrote:Seems Hearn as failed to turn up again today..If I was SW,i'd pay him F ... all.I really thought he was the answer to our prayers when we first signed him.All can say is what a mercenary, with a shite attitude.

I did too. On paper, away from the obvious lack of game time prior to arriving, he could have been great.

What a plonker. Could tell he wasn't fussed for us from the outset. Looked like a lard ass and played like one. As much as I grumble about Claytons goalscoring would rather have the likes of him everyday single day over this faker.

Feel sorry for Simon. He was a considerable last roll of the dice for Simon to sort out our mis-firing front line and he has let him and the club down. I really hope any money we have paid to him is clawed back somehow from this waster - has he done it just to con some money out of us? Think the club should be asking this question.

Yet another player thinking he is far better than he is (just look at his prima donna antics at Lincoln, including the joke move to Barrow like a stroppy kid, and leaving Grimsby) and in the process flushing what talent he did have down the bog.

At least he was able to enjoy seeing Man USA get to the final the plastic - wonder what that sicknote looked like.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:23 am

hopefully Lincoln wont renew his contract, and leave him an the football scrapheap, along with that snivelling little tit Nyoni and the wife smacking Jake Speight.
    Tommyb123

Post by Tommyb123 Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:31 pm

Ask him on Twitter what he's playing at ??

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:40 am

Yeah, anyone on twitter want to ask, could maybe ask if we are paying him to take an early end of season holiday……tho I think we can safely assume why if you look at the track record in regard to stuff like this.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:29 am