Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+12
rangerider
Faraway Fan
gedmaloney
A1 drifter
Big Lundy
Townfan
Surplus
boselecta
paulstreet
HTAFC Away Travel
Chips97
Mike of Wetherby
16 posters

Flyde-C'mon Town

Surplus

Flyde-C'mon Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Flyde-C'mon Town

Post by Surplus Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:45 pm

The quiet before the storm. For whatever reason, feel that this is a must win game.

Last edited by Surplus on Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Faraway Fan

Post by Faraway Fan Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:02 pm

How many fans will get over for the game??200?? Town need every possible support for this game--it is a must win if they are to at least secure 3rd place.

I will have every twitter feed going for all four teams --Town--Fylde--Boston and Nuneaton. I also get the live match feed from Football Conference League website with easy access to the North Table.

Plus we do get live coverage of all Premier League games in Canada--so Saturday AM is a very busy session( we are 5 hours behind UK)

But Town will take most of my attention as I will be over for play-offs for sure and would like to think I can enjoy 3 live Town games with promotion the ultimate prize.

History in the making!!

GO Town GO
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:49 pm

Now that's a level of commitment faraway! I'm going tomorrow so you'll either hear the cheer or the scream. Really hoping for a win to settle the nerves. On paper Corby is a cert 3 pts but you never know and too miss out on the playoffs after getting so close would be brutal!

Ps 200 town fans would be top end estimate but you never know.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:59 pm

Daniels serves the second of his two match suspension tomorrow.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:04 pm

Which is interesting after reading the preview on Town's Official site
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:57 pm

What's happening. Didn't even know Daniels was suspended? Presumably under totting up of yellows?
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:44 pm

Despite our recent form
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Crying or Very sad
    It’s still in our own hands!
    Shocked
    This is a massive game for the club!
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:49 pm

There's some good news then. Still perturbed by Daniels suspension but if there was ever a time for other players to step up to the mark inc Hearn then here it is.
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:37 pm

Hearn still injured or ill presumably? Hope not but I think this is the case.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:01 pm

Right, worse case scenario that sees us out of the playoffs. Now we know Nuneaton have been docked the 3 pts, the only way we blow it is to lose against flyde and Corby with Boston beating Nuneaton tomorrow then Boston winning their last game, whilst Nuneaton win their last 2 games. With our goal difference plus variables, all we need is a draw or win against flyde and the rest can do what they want ( I think)!
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:49 am

We are struggling with a number of injuries - Danny, Lewis, Paul, David as well as suspensions (Brendan) but we do have some talent coming back. I was really concerned about losing Lewis until I sawxRyans performance against BPA and also thought Luke looked ready to step straight back in. Jack will be fit as well so reasons to be cheerful. Brendan is under review on the injury front as well bug good to see Warren back and ready to rock and roll. Cum on Town cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers ppppllllleeaaaasssseeeee!
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:03 am

Big big game for Platt and Burrell if they're both in. With those possible injuries I'd be happy with a point and draw or loss for Boston. C'mon lads, make us proud
    Faraway Fan

Post by Faraway Fan Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:52 pm

Half time in the big games--as it stands Town behind 1-0----Boston v Nuneaton 1-1--if nothing changes then Town are definitely in the play offs!!!

A Boston win in their final game and a Town loss v Corby (don't even think about it), leaves both clubs on 69 points with Town having a massive better goal difference--so 5th place.

Go Town let's turn it around and seal our play off spot in style!!
    Faraway Fan

Post by Faraway Fan Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:02 pm

Oh dear!!??!!

Full time and Boston win 2-1---Town lose 2-1--

This means that Nuneaton must win both of their remaining games--away at BPA and home to Hednesford--very do-able

Boston have a final game at Stalybridge and Town need one point from Corby at home to clinch a play off spot.

Making history is never easy and Town need to just look after their own destiny next Saturday and finish the season with a big win.

Scary
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:08 pm

Boston lost at home or did they?

Faraway Fan

Post by Faraway Fan Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:41 pm

I followed the Boston twitter feed for their entire match---they WON 2-1--for some reason the Football Conference site had them losing 2-1 at about the same time that Boston scored their second goal.

Many people will be confused but it was a Boston win. Sky Sports got the result correct but made a total cock up of the table .
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:08 pm

Forget all the maths guys. If we can't beat the bottom team at home on Saturday, do we deserve the play offs? Also, if you had shown me this league table back in August I'd have been 'over the moon'. It's in our hands still, just get the job done.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:18 pm

Disappointing result today. Still not mathematically safe.

Luckily enough, we still have our own destiny in our own hands, but the one main thing is that we have to beat Corby.
    wootontommy

Post by wootontommy Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:35 pm

Disappointing game in the first half in particular. Football pundits talk about professional players having to 'earn the right to play' not so in non-league it seems? I thought the last substitution of bringing on Gascoingne was a bad decision. He had a very poor game on Tuesday and just barged around the pitch like Mr Angry, shouting and moaning at everyone. He came on today and added nothing and changed nothing and again spent his time arguing. I would have given Cadman a go. As a contrast, on Tuesdsy, he looked fit, energetic and in a game that despite some thinking was 'meaningless' played with passion and endeavour. He must wonder what he has to do to earn his right.
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:41 pm

we had chances today but seem as if we are not capable of scoring. Thought Platt was our MOM. Kerry is not quite the player he was a few weeks ago.  The ref was again making strange decisions which always go against us. Gascoigne again was employed up front when he came on which is not his best position. Burrell had a reasonable game back in the fold. Crook seemed to watch their 2nd goal go slowly into the net. Still not enough ball on the ground.Jack and Colbeck were not at their best against a good team.We did not really deserve more than we got today so it's all down to the last game. Cannot see us getting far in the playoffs playing as we are.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:10 pm

With the injuries etc not entirely a surprise. Is it possible for a team to go up with a forward line as shite as ours? Let's hope so. Thank god for our Midfield weighing in.

I was worried about the date of the final - given its the day after my mrs's due date. Not worried by it at all now.
    wootontommy

Post by wootontommy Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:51 pm

Our focus seems to be on simply clearing the ball. It doesn't matter to us how we do it, who it goes to, or whether there might be a better option, let's just get rid of the ball as quickly and as high as possible. None of our players seem to have a tunnel visioned determination to get the ball in the back of the net that is needed to be at he top of the league. Clayton just lays the ball off, even when there is regularly no one there, but he doesn't seem to want to score himself. Thewliss messes around with the ball too much and loses it more often than not.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:44 pm

Platt had another good game breaking up play but a lot of huffing and puffing to no avail. Should get some advertisement out early doors about the make or break Corby game at home. Let's just get behind our team, players and coaches, fans and lass serving pasties. Pull together to help them get across the line. Need a massive turn out, noisy and passionate and scare the Corby players witless. #wegoagain in the immortal words of carefree.
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:21 pm

In the 11 years we have played in this league we have managed to reach the play-offs once, & one season should have been relegated!
    Will that be once in 12 years?!!!!!!!!!
    You need to get on the bus when it turns up because it can get cold & miserable in them there bus shelters waiting for another one!
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:14 am

Calling Ged Maloney- can we get the match day information out early, say Mon/ Tues then we can share the hell out of it on FB and badger workmates and friends to come down. Advertise 50/50 raffle and entry into prize draw for submitting info for fans database, plus newspaper story on the promotion push. Let's see if we can get a 1000 gate fans in the house!

Contact all the junior football teams and have a 'masscot' where all the local teams are invited down and get them all to perform a guard of honour for the teams when they come out, marking the last home game of the season but more importantly get folk down in operation 1000+.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:19 am