Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+17
Top Cat
fulhamphoenix
oldbiltonboy
7eric7
paulstreet
trevdee
TheNeil30
Townfan
Surplus
iand1957
sagalout
Mike of Wetherby
gedmaloney
FCUnited
slicker
Big Lundy
HTAFC Away Travel
21 posters

FC United @ home!

Surplus

FC United @ home! - Page 2 Empty Re: FC United @ home!

Post by Surplus Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:59 am

Presumably decision to segregate is taken by North Yorks Police based on intelligence? Does the club have input?
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:47 pm

So, no segregation. Hope they are not making a big mistake here. I am not saying that there will be any trouble from Town fans BUT Leeds are away !!!
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:28 pm

Surplus wrote:Presumably decision to segregate is taken by North Yorks Police based on intelligence? Does the club have input?

You are correct, and as well as discussing with Nth Yorkshire Police we have planned additional stewarding and have been in consultation with FC UNited and have discussed it with our own fans who will tell you they were treated well when we recently visited FC United.

We try to prepare for all eventualities.

Surplus

Post by Surplus Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:40 pm

Hopefully plenty of happy Town fans, money through the tills and a good atmosphere created by all!
    FCUnited

Post by FCUnited Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:10 pm

Good Evening Folks.
                                 Obviously an FC United fan here. I don't want to sound self Righteous , but the only real trouble will be if any Leeds(or other)" fans" turn up looking for trouble.
    Fc United fans are not exempt from attracting the odd idiot ourselves. But in all the years Ive been watching FC United, I have rarely seen punches thrown, it is usually great banter and at worse some unsavoury chants, like "We all hate Leeds" etc.
    At the recent fixture between the two clubs at Broadhurst Park there was hardly any incident, despite there being just short of 3400 fans there. Under the stand behind the goal a few Leeds fans went in there 10 mins before half time and threatened the bar staff, but were told in no uncertain terms to leave before they were removed.Some Harrogate fans joined in with us in singing "We all hate leeds" Leeds were playing at Bolton on the day. Why wasn't they there? By the way, there was no segregation and no Police at Broadhurst Park.
    The point is I can guarantee, no Man United fans will be turning up for trouble, we welcome Reds as we are reds, but no trouble makers.
    We dont come looking for trouble and so I hope you all come along and join in the fun and promote non league football. It's a funny old game and anything can happen on the day as we saw at B/Park, but to be honest, we look doomed and thats not crying it in!
    But win, lose or draw we will be there till the end. Sometimes we sing louder when we get get exited or are winning as that is human nature and sometime when we're getting wacked it's not as good, but we sing throughout the match and cheer our team off at the end of every match as it is our team, we created it and if it wasnt for us as a collective, there would be no team to watch. All the best for Saturday Wink
    FCUnited

Post by FCUnited Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:17 pm

We will definitely put some money Into your coffers , we took 300+ to Bradford last night, which was a bit disappointing from our point of view, but their forum has some nice comments about our fans and how much money we spent in the bar, on food and in their shop (They Sold old Match day Programs and memorabilia from a multitude of clubs) Im looking forward to the visit. I love Harrogate, It's a lovely Town.
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:03 pm

FCUnited wrote:Good Evening Folks.
                                 Obviously an FC United fan here. I don't want to sound self Righteous , but the only real trouble will be if any Leeds(or other)" fans" turn up looking for trouble.
    Fc United fans are not exempt from attracting the odd idiot ourselves. But in all the years Ive been watching FC United, I have rarely seen punches thrown, it is usually great banter and at worse some unsavoury chants, like "We all hate Leeds" etc.
    At the recent fixture between the two clubs at Broadhurst Park there was hardly any incident, despite there being just short of 3400 fans there. Under the stand behind the goal a few Leeds fans went in there 10 mins before half time and threatened the bar staff, but were told in no uncertain terms to leave before they were removed.Some Harrogate fans joined in with us in singing "We all hate leeds" Leeds were playing at Bolton on the day. Why wasn't they there? By the way, there was no segregation and no Police at Broadhurst Park.
    The point is I can guarantee, no Man United fans will be turning up for trouble, we welcome Reds as we are reds, but no trouble makers.
    We dont come looking for trouble and so I hope you all come along and join in the fun and promote non league football. It's a funny old game and anything can happen on the day as we saw at B/Park, but to be honest, we look doomed and thats not crying it in!
    But win, lose or draw we will be there till the end. Sometimes we sing louder when we get get exited or are winning as that is human nature and sometime when we're getting wacked it's not as good, but we sing throughout the match and  cheer our team off at the end of every match as it is our team, we created it and if it wasnt for us as a collective, there would be no team to watch. All the best for Saturday Wink

Enjoy your visit - Harrogate Town Supporters Club look forward to welcoming you to Saturday's game. Basketball
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:42 pm

Everyone is looking forward to it and should be a cracking atmosphere!

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:52 pm

As Ged said, we were welcomed like no other at FC United. A wonderful experience.
    All very much welcomed to ours. Can't wait.
    Apologies if you have already seen this but a great watch on FC United. Yorkshire Baz and Steve Evets top blokes!
    sagalout

Post by sagalout Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:01 pm

We had a great time at FCUM a couple of weeks ago (well, up until about 40 minutes!)

Great club, and a blueprint for how good non-league clubs can be in terms of facilities etc, although the money coming in with 3k fans must be a big help!

I'm really looking forward to the game, but just hope it keeps its non league friendliness. If there is any trouble it won't be fans who actually support either team!

This is the double edged sword of promotion too - whilst everyone wants it, I can't help feeling it will change the atmosphere on a Saturday for the worse.

Now, let's all do an anti rain dance in the hope of delaying the downpour forecast for Saturday!
    Mike of Wetherby

Post by Mike of Wetherby Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:07 pm

Not been a great week for either lot of reds so far! I wonder what FCUM team will turn up. The one that looked as if they ought to be much higher up the league when they played us or the one that seem to put in very average or worse performances.
    sagalout

Post by sagalout Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:53 am

I'm hoping the one from the first half of the game the other week!
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:59 pm

Get in. Solid result with an excellent defensive display. Especially playing with 10 men for an entire half!
    iand1957

Post by iand1957 Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:26 pm

Paul Clayton was immense i don't think there centre halves got a look in..
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:50 pm

Solihull put in a solid result today as well. Still, you can only keeping winning. Just need to keep this level up now!
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:20 pm

Ps. Was it a sending off? I was nattering with FC supporter next to me so missed it!
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:30 pm

Worst side I have seen here this season. We were not at our best but still scored three goals after the sending off, but you can only play what's put in front if you. Only two sendings off all season, both against them and they didn't manage to score a goal against us in either game after we had gone down to 10.
    How the hell did we lose at there place?

Post by Guest Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:32 pm

Both players went in commited but as with the away match the ref went on their appeals. Some of their appeals by their players were pitiful, desperate even.

What an amazing performance by all the lads. So proud of that today. Same as against Moors, constantly harrying and closing down when not on the ball. With it we always look dangerous, Clayton is a man on fire at the moment and Threwliss is showing his talent for 90mins now.

When not whinging at the ref their players looked totally out of sorts - our lot broke them even with 10.

Sour note was watching old to$$ers trying to bray a teenage lad on his own. Fair play that some L**ds fools went looking for a battering and justly got it dished out but seeing 50 year old blokes all trying to rain down punches on a single lad was cowardice in the extreme. Proper lack of class on their part and more reminiscent of the t!ts I have encountered at Old Trafford outside their away end - negated the many decent FC fans encountered again today. Guess they must be the ones who oddly still go to United games.
    sagalout

Post by sagalout Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:27 pm

Great performance today. Thought to call a MoM as the whole team played well. I'd have probably given it to Clayton, but it was great seeing Emmet on the scoresheet,

Never saw the trouble as we were in the Kop all game. Was there any trouble after the match at all?
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:57 pm

No, there was no trouble after the match. As an afternote, it's been documented and mentioned that the cause was Leeds fans that caused the trouble. I was in the middle of it all and there were a lot of FC United fans spoiling for a fight as well as the people that started it. I believe that this was pre-arranged between Leeds/Manchester factions. I seen a teenage lad get beaten, a woman get punched and an old gent get launched to the floor. That kind of behaviour is totally unacceptable at our club.

This match should have been segregated. The club and North Yorkshire police fucked up on this royally and serious questions need to be asked as to why this wasn't segregated.
    FCUnited

Post by FCUnited Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:21 pm

Hi Guys, first of all Congratulations on a fine win. I don't really think the challenge was a sending off really. That wouldn't have merited a red in the Northern Premier league, which we were in last season. I think the The REF may have took pity on us and tried to keep the score down a bit! ha ha
    Not a bad set up you have at Harrogate, two really good terraces and a decent home made Burger!
    I found all the Harrogate fans really welcoming and enjoyed a pint in the clubhouse and a chat with the Locals.
    We are out of our depth really in this league and are currently probably the worst side in the league. To concede 3 goals against 10 men says it all. Our players budget isn't the biggest and we are struggling in this division. Thats not taking anything away from Harrogate as you can only beat what is in front of you.
    I was annoyed at some of our kids hitting your dugout with an Umbrella and went and told them, apologies for that behaviour.
    On my way home though,my main concern wasn't the result, I can live with getting beaten, especially when deservedly so. My main concern was the brief trouble. It is depressing and why oh why do Leeds fans think it's okay to turn up at a family day out and cause trouble. No Harrogate fans were involved , but United fans were getting picked off prior to the match and our coach had missiles thrown at it.
    They turned on an old Guy of around 60 years old  who ended up getting treatment from the ambulance team for a cut nose.
    I will make no apology for the 50 year olds who came to his aid, The Leeds fans ran outside when confronted and one got trapped inside and got a hiding.
    I'm not being funny but if you travel to a None league game when your own team is at Watford and your only intention is to fight, I have no sympathy if you get a beating in the process.
    I'm getting sick of morons turning up at our games and will probably stop going  aways if it carries on, it is depressing.
    Anyway good luck to you for the rest of the season, apart from the result and the trouble I enjoyed visiting your Home. Thank You for the hospitality!
    FCUnited

Post by FCUnited Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:29 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:No, there was no trouble after the match. As an afternote, it's been documented and mentioned that the cause was Leeds fans that caused the trouble. I was in the middle of it all and there were a lot of FC United fans spoiling for a fight as well as the people that started it. I believe that this was pre-arranged between Leeds/Manchester factions. I seen a teenage lad get beaten, a woman get punched and an old gent get launched to the floor. That kind of behaviour is totally unacceptable at our club.

This match should have been segregated. The club and North Yorkshire police fucked up on this royally and serious questions need to be asked as to why this wasn't segregated.

I don't know if there was pre arranged trouble, but we don't have a hooligan "Firm". I was also in the middle of it and the FC United fans "spoiling" for a fight go nearly every week and they are not hooligans, but when you get attacked and drink is involved you will get a reaction. There was no need to segregate fans because The Harrogate and FC United fans never caused any trouble, the trouble flared near the entrance where there was security and Police. I was stood unsegregated with Harrogate fans and there was no animosity between us. And the same at our ground a few weeks back. Anyway, I'll leave you to your forum and your win. All the best and I hope you get promoted! All the best.
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:58 pm

FCUnited wrote:Hi Guys, first of all Congratulations on a fine win. I don't really think the challenge was a sending off really. That wouldn't have merited a red in the Northern Premier league, which we were in last season. I think the The REF may have took pity on us and tried to keep the score down a bit!  ha ha
    Not a bad set up you have at Harrogate, two really good terraces and a decent home made Burger!
    I found all the Harrogate fans really welcoming  and enjoyed a pint in the clubhouse and a chat with the Locals.
    We are out of our depth really in this league and are currently probably the worst side in the league. To concede 3 goals against 10 men says it all. Our players budget isn't the biggest and we are struggling in this division. Thats not taking anything away from Harrogate as you can only beat what is in front of you.
    I was annoyed at some of our kids hitting your dugout with an Umbrella and went and told them, apologies for that behaviour.
    On my way home though,my main concern wasn't the result, I can live with getting beaten, especially when deservedly so. My main concern was the brief trouble. It is depressing and why oh why do Leeds fans think it's okay to turn up at a family day out and cause trouble. No Harrogate fans were involved , but United fans were getting picked off prior to the match and our coach had missiles thrown at it.
    They turned on an old Guy of around 60 years old  who ended up getting treatment from the ambulance team  for a cut nose.
    I will make no apology for the 50 year olds who came to his aid, The Leeds fans ran outside when confronted and one got trapped inside and got a hiding.
    I'm not being funny but if you travel to a None league game when your own team is at Watford and your only intention is to fight, I have no sympathy if you get a beating in the process.
    I'm getting sick of morons turning up at our games and will probably stop going  aways if it carries on, it is depressing.
    Anyway good luck to you for the rest of the season, apart from the result and the trouble I enjoyed visiting your Home. Thank You for the hospitality!

Thanks for your contribution - as a Football fan it defeats me as to why any football fan goes to any game to cause trouble. Unlike others, we will arrive at a conclusion based on establishing the facts and I would be most grateful if you could forward a contact number to me at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and I will contact you to discuss what you saw. I invited 3 people to our hospitality as a consequence of the hospitality we were shown when we recently visited Broadhurst Park and I speak on behalf of the Supporters Club when I say our supporters enjoyed the visit as well. We won't tolerate this behaviour but personally I would rather beef up stewarding than segregate as I see no reason why the majority should suffer as a consequence of a small minority of numbskulls - the decision NOT too segregate was taken after advice taken from all involved parties. Look forward to hearing from you and good luck for the rest of the season.
    FCUnited

Post by FCUnited Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:13 pm

Thanks Ged, I have sent you my contact details via your email address, I'm happy to discuss todays "Events"
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:35 am

Well, with all due respect Ged. It should have been segregated and both the club and N.Yorks police got it wrong, seriously. The club wants to count itself extremely lucky that the people involved were not seriously injured, especially our fantastic stewards.

Lessons need to be learnt, because of we go into the National League, crowds of that size will be occurring more often.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:52 am