Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

3 posters

'A League of their Own'

paulstreet
    paulstreet

'A League of their Own' Empty 'A League of their Own'

Post by paulstreet Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:07 pm

Have you all been watching this? A serious programme about non-league football on mainstream TV in primetime, wonders will never cease! OK, so the presence of the (extremely impressive) Gary Neville and others helped, but I think this was the first time I have seen a show about non-league that didn't patronise the hell out of it. You know, the usual stuff about plumbers and window cleaners etc. The volunteers were treated with great respect, and I really felt that the essence of why all of us (I hope!) love 'our'game really came across. We might be playing them next year as well! Well done BBC. And a chance to see Salford City live tonight, and FC United on Monday as well. Not as good as us being in the first round, of course, but both mouth watering prospects.

All we need now is for Channel Four to do a 'fly on the wall' doc. about Harrogate Town, starring roles for Ged and Jordan of course!
    TheNeil30

'A League of their Own' Empty Re: 'A League of their Own'

Post by TheNeil30 Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:24 pm

I really enjoyed it too and wish Salford all the best.

Don't have a link, but there was something on one of these obscure channels following Leamington FC last year. I think it may be available on YouTube.
    duklapragueawaykit
    duklapragueawaykit

Post by duklapragueawaykit Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:09 pm

Hi, it's all we need more Manchester clubs on our TV screens.....
    Since the BBC moved lock, stock and barrel to Salford, well Hey Presto a docu-soap on the lives of ex Man U players and a team they've financed by the small change Giggs found down the side of his sofa....
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:55 pm

Yes, easy to be cynical and, sure, without the Nevills et all it would not have been made, but it was still a rare and, in my view, very positive look at non league football. And I will be rooting for Salford tonight!!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:04 pm

Well they did it! To be honest they made County look like a park team. Incredible! Look forward to playing them next season, unless we are in the Premier of course! Long live non league!!
    duklapragueawaykit
    duklapragueawaykit

Post by duklapragueawaykit Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:35 am

Hi, well played to Salford indeed, made County look like a poor team even with Alan Smith chasing shadows all evening...lol
    Still my reflection of Salford will not change, they are not a good indicator for non-league football...
    If I can put it like this, Salfords band of volunteers have done all the hard work and laid on the ball, a yard out from goal the "class of 92" tap it in and wheel away and take all the plaudits.....
    Just sayin like..... Very Happy
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:07 pm

Its a fair point but Gary Neville does seem to want to stress the importance of the importance of the volunteers, its their club he says. Wasn't that second goal magnificent? Phew!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:31 am