Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+3
boselecta
Townfan
Big Lundy
7 posters

Nuneaton Town

Big Lundy

Nuneaton Town Empty Nuneaton Town

Post by Big Lundy Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:27 pm

Another tough one on Saturday!
    Nuneaton used to bring a few with them on previous visits & even had a “Jolly Boys” outing for one of them!!!!!
    Shocked
    If you can’t make this one you might have to wait until Sat 24th October to see Town @ home again!!!!
    Shocked

Nuneaton Town Empty Re: Nuneaton Town

Post by Guest Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:31 am

I can't remember their away following last season but they are one of the bigger sides in the division. Hopefully we can get the gate back up maybe 600? I'm swelling the ranks with 8 people on Saturday.

Just wish we could tap into the football 'fans' of Harrogate better. We have a club deserving of it now!

Roll on the new year with County and FC United visiting to pump up the average attendance.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:00 pm

Carefree wrote:I can't remember their away following last season but they are one of the bigger sides in the division. Hopefully we can get the gate back up maybe 600? I'm swelling the ranks with 8 people on Saturday.

Just wish we could tap into the football 'fans' of Harrogate better. We have a club deserving of it now!

Roll on the new year with County and FC United visiting to pump up the average attendance.
    They didn't come last season.

Post by Guest Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:20 pm

Townfan wrote:
    Carefree wrote:I can't remember their away following last season but they are one of the bigger sides in the division. Hopefully we can get the gate back up maybe 600? I'm swelling the ranks with 8 people on Saturday.

Ah that'll be why - thanks Townfan!

Anyone know how long Ellis is out for now? Thought it was a calf strain but sounds like its the groin now?
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:35 pm

Fit to play according to website!
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    boselecta

Post by boselecta Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:46 pm

Carefree wrote:
    Townfan wrote:

Ah that'll be why - thanks Townfan!

Anyone know how long Ellis is out for now? Thought it was a calf strain but sounds like its the groin now?

Danny as no groin strain ,don't know where that's come from.Took a knock to his calf in training but  will be back 100% next week.
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:10 pm

Well we were beaten by a very good side but the score did not reflect the game-We did not score with our chances- Their 2nd goal was a blatant push by Harewood on our player in front of the ref and 3rd goal took a big deflection- Thought the substitutions were rather strange - we needed Daniels for any free kicks and we missed Claytons presence- 2 of their goals came down our left side again which needs sorting- we are starting to leek goals!! Something i never expected to say this season
    wootontommy

Post by wootontommy Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:23 pm

I agree with Garage. There was no way the game warranted a 3 nil loss. I thought we more than matched them, particularly in the first half, but Lady Luck was not kind to us and it became very obvious that it was not going to be our day in terms of finding the back of the net. Last few minutes, they took control as a result of their physical strength and superior fitness levels, but then if they are full time that is not surprising.
    On a different note - was sorry to see to young lad Cadman with his leg in plaster. I don't know what he's done, but wish him a speedy recovery. Saw him in pre season and he looked like he has bags of potential and is a talented young player. I am an advocate for giving young players a chance and believe that every club at any level should have the responsibility to develop and blood some young players In order to keep our national game rejuvenated and regenerated. I was dismayed on seeing the stat that only 9 British players featured in last week's Champions League fixtures. Surely we have more talented players in the UK than are on show up and down the football pyramid?
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:11 pm

Yes, GARAGE sums it up perfectly. Disappointing but no need to panic.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:51 am

I certainly don't see the need to panic. A defeat is always going to disappoint, but we are still 4th in the table. 3 points from 2nd and 6 from 1st. Its a big difference compared to this stage last season. If you would have said to me at the start of the season we'd be 4th after 11 games. I'd have taken that.

Onw
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:26 am

Classic away performance by Nuneaton!
    Get the first goal, quieten the home crowd then sit back & hit the opposition on the break!
    Their second goal killed the game.
    Can’t let a top 10 side get 2 goals in front with 11 men on the pitch!
    Especially one that’s full time!!!!!!
    Their first was a carbon copy of Ferriby’s first goal the other night.
    The second half was always going to be difficult after that against a decent side.
    We just need to tighten things up a bit at times in front of the back four.
    boselecta

Post by boselecta Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:29 pm

I think our style of play at the moment will no doubt leave us open to the quick counter.On the eye we look brilliant going forward,with both full backs over lapping,with the midfield and strikers getting into the box.Yet, when we do lose possession we seem really out of shape with spaces to exploit all over the park.Think we are really  missing Paul Thirlwell who sits very deep allowing both full backs plus either Daniels or Colbeck to push on down both wings.
    Open football ..yes?Brilliant on the eye..yes?Never 3 goals better..But conceding 6 goals at home in 2 games is still very worrying.
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:04 pm

Thought by taking Clayton off and then their top scorer Daniels Simon Weaver handed us the game. They were causing us problems with Claytons aerial threat, after he went off we won everything except for the excellent saved header. Byrne man of the match for me - great performance all round though.

From Nuneaton forum
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:34 pm

Nuneaton are a very good outfit who will be up there and Ferriby are scoring goals for fun as well as conceding. However, 6 goals in 2 games is a bit of a concern.

I'm sure it's an area that Simon will be addressing, being an ex-defender himself.

We will still be up there at the end of the season.

Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:28 pm

Does that mean we have lost a few of our members?
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:42 pm

Big Lundy wrote:Another tough one on Saturday!
    Nuneaton used to bring a few with them on previous visits & even had a “Jolly Boys” outing for one of them!!!!!
    Shocked
    If you can’t make this one you might have to wait until Sat 24th October to see Town @ home again!!!!
    Shocked
    Could be 31st October !!
    The 24th is an FA Cup date.
    boselecta

Post by boselecta Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:47 pm

Here's Nuneatons highlights.Editing at its finest.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:32 am