Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+4
Big Lundy
GARAGE
Innocent Bystander
Martin L
8 posters

CHORLEY AWAY - Match Updates

TheNeil29

CHORLEY AWAY - Match Updates - Page 2 Empty Re: CHORLEY AWAY - Match Updates

Post by TheNeil29 Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:31 pm

Having been at the game today. It was Clayton who scored today with a volley inside the box from quite a narrow angle. It was a real gritty performance from the squad today and a very pleasing 3 points.

In the first half, we played well, passed the ball well but until Clayts managed to score, I was worried if we would score because we were creating the chances but didn't have a final product. The goal did in all honesty come out of nothing, but you won't find any fans complaining. In the second half, they really put us under the cosh, but our defense was on point today. We had a few chances to put it to bed, but we just couldn't get a 2nd, and we held out for a fortunate 1-0 victory.

The fans were immense again today. We outsang 1000 Chorley fans. Even their fans were saying about the noise we made and also saying 'that's how you support your team'.

Very pleasing to see Clayton get on the scoresheet today, their defenders struggled to deal with his power all game. There were no standout performances today. It was a solid performance.

We are now 3rd in the table.

My one gripe is that we haven't won a game convincingly. They all seem to be quite gritty performances and i would like to see us put a team to the sword, but on the offshoot. I would be quite happy with gritty 1-0 wins every time.

Onto Monday and hopefully another 3 points.
    wootontommy

Post by wootontommy Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:23 am

I am a newcomer to both Harrogate and to watching its team, so my opinions are only formed from pre season until now, but I have been pleasantly surprised so far. The players work hard, never give up and are decent footballers who try to play rather than to just lump it up the pitch. Yesterday was a great result! Back four were awesome again, but for me central midfield were a bit suspect. Thirlwell looked as though his movement was affected by an injury from the start ?? Not as much of his usual dogged self I didn't think. Unfortunately, as much as I've tried, I don,t particularly rate Nyoni as highly as others seem to do. (Obviously I have no historical point of reference to go by as yet.) Whilst there is no denying he is committed and tenacious, a high percentage of his passing and distribution of the ball is ineffective and several times puts other players under unnecessary pressure. Perhaps I just haven't seen the real player as yet? Still, having said that, the team are doing really well and I have enjoyed immensely what I have seen so far of my 'adopted' club and long may it continue!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:40 am

Yea great day yesterday, once again the fans making a noise for the whole 90 minutes.

Agree with what you say about Cecil his passes can go stray but in terms of his elastic legs breaking up play, there isn't another player who matches him in this league. I suspect that if he was to improve in the passing area he would be playing in a higher league so it is about Simon finding the balance in playing one of the two (Cec and Thirlwell) and putting in a more attacking midfielder who can link with the front two - hence the signing on Platty, until Gazza gets back.

P.S Good to hear from new fans!
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:41 am

wootontommy wrote:I am a newcomer to both Harrogate and to watching its team, so my opinions are only formed from pre season until now, but I have been pleasantly surprised so far. The players work hard, never give up and are decent footballers who try to play rather than to just lump it up the pitch. Yesterday was a great result! Back four were awesome again, but for me central midfield were a bit suspect. Thirlwell looked as though his movement was affected by an injury from the start ?? Not as much of his usual dogged self I didn't think. Unfortunately, as much as I've tried, I don,t particularly rate Nyoni as highly as others seem to do. (Obviously I have no historical point of reference to go by as yet.) Whilst there is no denying he is  committed and tenacious, a high percentage of his passing and distribution of the ball is ineffective and several times puts other players under unnecessary pressure. Perhaps I just haven't seen the real player as yet? Still, having said that, the team are doing really well and I have enjoyed immensely what I have seen so far of my 'adopted' club and long may it continue!

Welcome to the Town Tommy!

If you are a potential away fan, I would encourage you to join the Supporters Club as we subsidise away transport heavily and we have an offer on for the next 2 away games that more than pays for membership.

Feel free to introduce yourself in the 19191 venue after the game and I can tell you about other incentives as well - I'm the one who carries out the FREE Supporters Club raffle - £30 at stake today cheers cheers cheers cheers

ps. you are correct that Paul was carrying a calf injury - good thing about this season is that we will probably lose Jack and Paul for todays game, but their replacements, whether it be Joe Colbeck, Jordan Thewlis, Tom Platt or Ryan Fallowfield are all top notch.

Fingers crossed for todays game and look forward to another great performance from Harrogate Towns very own Men (very!!) Aloud Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:56 pm