Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+2
A1 drifter
NOT YOU
6 posters

TODAYS GAME

NOT YOU

TODAYS GAME Empty TODAYS GAME

Post by NOT YOU Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:33 am

Laughing well who is going today to watch town cheers might go Laughing
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

TODAYS GAME Empty Re: TODAYS GAME

Post by ultimate warrior Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:53 pm

Nice to hear Harry j and the Allstars "The Liquidator" been played over the Tannoy
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:49 pm

Dont really know what to make of the result today. Colwyn were fighting for their lives today, and it showed. In the first half, we had the ball down, Emmett, Fallowfield and Thewlis were ripping them to shreds. Colwyn were shocking first half. Came out second half, Colwyn looked like a different team and deservedly took the lead. We just were really poor second half. Dom Rowe and Walshaw both came on and didnt have an impact, apart from 1 cross into the box. Then Colwyns second goal deserved to win the game. On the balance of the game, Colwyn deserved the win. We now need to put that result behind us, forget about it and focus on the next game.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:02 pm

Very disappointing game today and thought the players looked tired.

Emmett had a decent game and was causing their right back all sorts of problems.
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:25 pm

A masterclass in time - wasting from Colwyn. Glad their keeper got booked for being so cynical.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:43 pm

Yeah, they did timewaste, but a team in their predicament. I actually don't blame them for doing that. The better team won at the end of the day. They deserved it more and wanted it a lot more.

The team just need to put that result to bed and prepare for the next game now. No point dwelling on it. We aren't going up and we aren't going down. It is essentially dead rubber games for the rest of the season now.
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:44 pm

A1 drifter wrote:A masterclass in time - wasting from Colwyn. Glad their keeper got booked for being so cynical.

Don't blame them. goal up away from home their not going to blow it like we did at Hyde not their fault we couldn't score
    Town Lishke
    Town Lishke

Post by Town Lishke Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:59 am

Where oh where is Garry Plank R Slicker? And the rest, you know who you are?

Not a peep out of hardly anybody this weekend. Hey, it really does work both ways this doesn't it?

TTFN cheers
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:15 am

You will find there isnt a lot of us complaining about the result, because the better team won.

Colwyn Bay are fighting for their lives in this division, and it showed. Their win was fully deserved.

We just looked tired after the first half. But the majority of the players did work very hard.

The rest of the season is just dead rubber games now, so it will be interesting to see who stays and who goes, because that's where my attention lies now.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:21 am

We lost a match, it happens! Fylde (relegated) drew with AFC Fylde away Saturday, these things happen.

Actually I thought Neil's post summed it up pretty perfectly, not much to add really. Disappointing yes, we should probably have scored first half, but Bay deserved it second half. Lets face it, our season is effectively over, even a fanatic like me isn't going to be too broken hearted at this stage of the season. It looks as though next season's team is taking shape, and mostly youngsters. I have no problem with this, but you worry how they might cope with a full 42 game CN season. Still worry about the goal scoring potential as well, I like both Clayton (if he stays) and Thewlis, but prolific goal scorers? Not sure.

I'd like to see Walshaw given a run out Saturday (whole game). Lets play 4-3-3, give it a go.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:23 am

Oops I mean Hyde (relegated) drew with Fylde on Saturday...names are too similar!
    Town Lishke
    Town Lishke

Post by Town Lishke Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:25 am

TheNeil29 wrote:You will find there isnt a lot of us complaining about the result, because the better team won.

Colwyn Bay are fighting for their lives in this division, and it showed. Their win was fully deserved.

We just looked tired after the first half. But the majority of the players did work very hard.

The rest of the season is just dead rubber games now, so it will be interesting to see who stays and who goes, because that's where my attention lies now.
    One win in 10 before yesterday for Colwyn Bay. You lot have all been bleating on about what an exciting young outfit we are who are now listening to the manager. So please don't be offended if I tell you to take your excuses and shove them where the sun don't shine.
    paulstreet wrote:We lost a match, it happens!  
    Yes. Way too often. Especially with our budget and pre-season expectations.
    paulstreet wrote:Oops I mean Hyde (relegated) drew with Fylde on Saturday...names are too similar!  
    Yes Hyde, another team with one win in 10 that we couldn't beat. And to be honest a result against Fylde could easily be explained by the pressure possibly getting to Fylde a little and Hyde no longer really being under any. How good are Fylde anyway? Even WE managed to beat them!!!

But anyway none of that answers why R Slicker and a few others never show their face after a bad result but are quick to accuse others of not coming on when we win. Even though we always do. So not only are they hypocrites but agenda driven liars.

We're going to finish below BPA aren't we? Totally unacceptable.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:49 am

Lishke - 1 win in 10, yes. But that win, as far as I am aware was in a previous game, against Tamworth (no pushovers) which was also 2-0. I personally thought they would be no pushovers. That means their last 2 fixtures have been 2-0 & 2-0. No offence taken by the way...

This season, as I have alluded to in another thread has been an unmitigated disaster, given the pre-season expectations, suggested wage budgets etc.... You will find that 100% of fans will agree with you on this point. But I blame both the manager and our big money signings for this. It takes two to tango.

When we beat Fylde, we produced an outstanding away performance and the win was fully deserved. And I know this, as about 30 of us went to the game. And none of those 30 will disgaree with my view.

BPA will be one of the teams to watch next season with Gareth Roberts now in charge. He is a billionaire, and is going to invest heavily.

It's been a tough season for all of us fans. Thats for sure.

Town Lishke
    Town Lishke

Post by Town Lishke Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:17 am

TheNeil29 wrote:

BPA will be one of the teams to watch next season with Gareth Roberts now in charge. He is a billionaire, and is going to invest heavily.

Getting next season's excuses in early, I like it.

I thought WE had a wealthy chairman that the club supposedly cannot do without. Hasn't done us any good though has it? Mind you if Roberts does spend big bucks you can rest assured HIS manager will be held accountable for failure...
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:32 am

Town Lishke wrote:
    TheNeil29 wrote:

Getting next season's excuses in early, I like it.

It's not an excuse. It is fact.

I thought WE had a wealthy chairman that the club supposedly cannot do without. Hasn't done us any good though has it? Mind you if Roberts does spend big bucks you can rest assured HIS manager will be held accountable for failure...

In my opinion, if they walked away tomorrow. The club is still attarctive enough to attract fresh investment. But they have said they arent going anywhere, so it's even pointless debating the ownership of our club. They are here to stay, get used to it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 9:41 pm