Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+6
Chips97
TheNeil29
ultimate warrior
GARAGE
wetherby58
NOT YOU
10 posters

TODAY MATCH

NOT YOU

TODAY MATCH Empty TODAY MATCH

Post by NOT YOU Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:04 am

lol! whos going to watch the town today should win cheers

TODAY MATCH Empty Re: TODAY MATCH

Post by Guest Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:11 pm

Happy with what I saw today albeit a little frustrated that with all the possession and attacks, we could not put their keeper under more pressure.

Thought Clayton was quality - wonder if he would like to sign full time?

Emmett deserved the MOTM award.

Other noticeable performances by Nyoni, Gascoigne and Crook (how good was that save in the first half?)
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:00 am

Got to agree with Jordan on this.

The only problem I have is Clayton. He does offer some different options, and its effective, but he isn't scoring goals, and at this level. Strikers are judged on goals. Walshaw came in yesterday in the last fifteen and nearly scored on 3 occasions and was assisting as well. I think Clayton had the same amount in 75 minutes? It's 8 matches and 0 goals now. Our last couple of goals have been scored by Gascoigne, and Thewlis has had better games, but he's signed a contract now, so lets see if he kicks on now or if he will fall to the Weaver curse.

On a different point, we have a central midfield now, finally. And the strikeforce won't be a problem of he plays Walshaw and Worsfold. They would work extremely well together and have to be the first choice strikeforce.

I really do think that if he staarts with Walshaw at Fylde next week, we will get something from the game.
    yorkiebar

Post by yorkiebar Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:21 am

spot on neil 29 clayton puts  himself about but never looks like scoreing and is distrubution is poor. this is 2nd time rowe as come on as 1st sub , he didnt touch the ball for the 1st ten minutes, i wonder at times who writes the match reports , leaminton had 3 chances that trickled past the post, great goal by gascoigne.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:31 am

When it comes to the match reports. If Peter Arnett does them, they are really good and gives a good reflection of the game.

I'm looking forward to AFC Flyde now, and an overnight stay in Blackpool!!
    Chips97

Post by Chips97 Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:34 am

sorry but anyone who says walshaw should start has not seen him play! Clayton has put 10000% more effort in than walshaw ever has! I think Clayton is a great player and I'd love to see him brought in permanently!
    The effort from Walshaw on Tuesday was embarrassing he doesn't give a toss! I don't know where you've thought up these chances he had yesterday?! if Walshaw doesn't start giving a toss about our club soon I say get rid. Don't need players like that!!
    wetherby58

Post by wetherby58 Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:37 am

My first viewing of town in 2015. Personally,I found the match a bit of a bore,both teams playing the type of football relevant to their league positions.Two good goals but that was about it. Emmett ran his legs off and for me,the only real threat.Clayton spent most of the afternoon with his back to the goal and not running forward or giving it a go,having said that,effective as to what he does. The remainder of the team were solid enough,but for me, a standard saturday afternoon on a football pitch with not much to shout about. Might get to see them against Chorley,now that will be a test !.
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:34 am

wetherby58 wrote:My first viewing of town in 2015. Personally,I found the match a bit of a bore,both teams playing the type of football relevant to their league positions.Two good goals but that was about it. Emmett ran his legs off and for me,the only real threat.Clayton spent most of the afternoon with his back to the goal and not running forward or giving it a go,having said that,effective as to what he does. The remainder of the team were solid enough,but for me, a standard saturday afternoon on a football pitch with not much to shout about. Might get to see them against Chorley,now that will be a test !.

Spot on with your summary - congratulations to Taddy on their progress in the Vase also
    yorkiebar

Post by yorkiebar Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:46 am

Chips97 wrote:sorry but anyone who says walshaw should start has not seen him play! Clayton has put 10000% more effort in than walshaw ever has! I think Clayton is a great player and I'd love to see him brought in permanently!
    The effort from Walshaw on Tuesday was embarrassing he doesn't give a toss! I don't know where you've thought up these chances he had yesterday?! if Walshaw doesn't start giving a toss about our club soon I say get rid. Don't need players like that!!
     i think your a idiot jocolor  goals this season 10 . walshaw . clayton one less than speight, 10000% of crap , i have yet to see him take on a player and beat him. his assists are pathetic
    Chips97

Post by Chips97 Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:01 pm

Thankyou very much for calling loyal town fans idiots...! I am yet to see Walshaw take on a player he just runs into them! He hasn't tried since the first few games of the season! If you think Clayton is crap you want your eyes testing! Best striker to wear a town shirt this season for sure!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:04 pm

Chips. You didn't read my post properly. I said that Clayton does offer a different dimension as a front man, but in our current predicament, we need goals. Clayton isn't doing it, and Walshaw got closer yesterday to scoring in his time on the pitch than Clayton.

When it comes to Clayton. I can't fault his effort levels, and his assists, but he isnt scoring goals. Strikers need to score goals. Walshaw does this and would be a better option if we are going to have any realistic chance of climbing into the top half of the table.

I think that Walshaw is a better option, and from the fifteen minutes I seen of him yesterday, he didn't looked demotivated to me, at all.
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:18 pm

Chips97 wrote:Thankyou very much for calling loyal town fans idiots...! I am yet to see Walshaw take on a player he just runs into them! He hasn't tried since the first few games of the season! If you think Clayton is crap you want your eyes testing! Best striker to wear a town shirt this season for sure!

Best striker to wear a town shirt this season for sure!? are you kidding he has not scored a goal yet, you really are an idiot if you think that
    yorkiebar

Post by yorkiebar Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:36 pm

thanks for confirming my comment about ( chips ) warrior, neil 29 how many goals have we scored while claytons been here, and how many did he assist !! i think most of the goals have been shots outside the box by midfield, i think it will be a costly mistake leaving walshaw on bench , but weaver knows best affraid
    Chips97

Post by Chips97 Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:40 pm

Personally I'd have had Worsfold on the bench instead of Walshaw. none of you were clearly at the Solihull game or the game on Tuesday... You're all deluded stop looking at how many goals walshaw has scored in the past! The present is he doesn't give a toss about our football club and is here for the paycheck.
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:03 pm

if we didn't have Walshaw we would be bottom of the league by now not his fault he's playing under a clueless manager
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:09 pm

Chips97. Stats don't lie. He's scored into double figures, how many has Clayton scored.........nothing.

The simple fact of the matter for me is if Walshaw gets a good run in the team, he will start scoring again.

Clayton is a good player, but he's not as prolific as Walshaw. Clayton has his strengths, and he is a good player.

You'd have Clayton. I'd have Walshaw. My preferred up front is Walshaw and Worsfold.

You prefer Clayton, I prefer Walshaw. It's a difference in opinion. It happens.

Thewlis has signed a contract now, so I'm hoping he does not become a Liam Hardy MK2 (sign a contract, then go off the boil)
    yorkiebar

Post by yorkiebar Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:31 pm

Chips97 wrote:Personally I'd have had Worsfold on the bench instead of Walshaw. none of you were clearly at the Solihull game or the game on Tuesday... You're all deluded stop looking at how many goals walshaw has scored in the past! The present is he doesn't give a toss about our football club and is here for the paycheck.
    as i have stated be fore you are a total idiot , would youy sit on the bench , and then come on and play in a pop & crisp game that means *-all in the league , where was all weavers super -boys ,if the game meant all that much
    Chips97

Post by Chips97 Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:37 pm

Well if he wants to prove he can play in the first team you have to impress in them kind of situations! and for me there is no passion. But thankyou for calling me an idiot once again! How many games have you been to? To watch these players play?!!
    yorkiebar

Post by yorkiebar Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:28 pm

been to every game home and away apart from the pop & crisp games you seem to hold in such esteem , passion means diddly squat if you arent getting the results , and here again you are a idiot ,3 ina row
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:48 am

Not a bad performance Saturday, but not as good as the Boston game. The default option seemed to be long balls too often. Never mind signing Thewlis (lets hope he delivers the goods now), Gascoigne needs sgning up ASAP. The Walshaw/Clayton thing is difficult: I like Clayton, puts in a really good shift every game, but he IS a striker and he hasn't scored (and we need goals). Thought Walshaw looked 'up for it' in those 10 minutes. Surely against Fylde we have to use Walshaw and Clayton upfront, Thewlis on the bench. I'd also play Kerry, we need some experience and class against Fylde otherwise we could be slaughtered.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Not a bad performance Saturday, but not as good as the Boston game. The default option seemed to be long balls too often. Never mind signing Thewlis (lets hope he delivers the goods now), Gascoigne needs sgning up ASAP. The Walshaw/Clayton thing is difficult: I like Clayton, puts in a really good shift every game, but he IS a striker and he hasn't  scored (and we need goals). Thought Walshaw looked 'up for it' in those 10 minutes. Surely against Fylde we have to use Walshaw and Clayton upfront, Thewlis on the bench. I'd also play Kerry, we need some experience and class against Fylde otherwise we could be slaughtered.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Apologies for double posting!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:35 am

It's a nice dilemma for Simon to have for a change.

With regards to Lloyd Kerry. When you have Nyoni and Gascoigne performing to the levels they are, I wouldnt be dropping them.

The only tweak I would make if to try Walshaw and Clayton together and have Thewlis on the bench.

When it comes to the Fylde game. As long as whoever plays, gives it 100% on the pitch and shows passion and desire, then i will leave the game a happy fan.

I personally do think we may get something from the Fylde game, Fylde have a very good squad, that is very strong in all departments and there arent any apparent weaknesses. We will have to play very well to beat them on Saturday.

My preferred 11:

Crook

Turner
    Nelthorpe (for me, more pace than Swain)
    McGurk
    Franks

Nyoni (CM)
    Gascoigne (CM)
    Fallowfield (RW)
    Emmett (LW)

Clayton (ST)
    Walshaw (ST)

Subs:

Nowakowski
    Kerry
    Meynell
    Thewlis
    Rowe

Post by Guest Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:32 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:It's a nice dilemma for Simon to have for a change.

With regards to Lloyd Kerry. When you have Nyoni and Gascoigne performing to the levels they are, I wouldnt be dropping them.

The only tweak I would make if to try Walshaw and Clayton together and have Thewlis on the bench.  

When it comes to the Fylde game. As long as whoever plays, gives it 100% on the pitch and shows passion and desire, then i will leave the game a happy fan.

I personally do think we may get something from the Fylde game, Fylde have a very good squad, that is very strong in all departments and there arent any apparent weaknesses. We will have to play very well to beat them on Saturday.

My preferred 11:

Crook

Turner
    Nelthorpe (for me, more pace than Swain)
    McGurk
    Franks
    Nyoni (CM)
    Gascoigne (CM)
    Fallowfield (RW)
    Emmett (LW)

Clayton (ST)
    Walshaw (ST)

Subs:

Nowakowski
    Kerry
    Meynell
    Thewlis
    Rowe

Noooooo

Bloomer any day of the week for me. Better still, we have a pretty decent defender out on loan at the moment.
    Chips97

Post by Chips97 Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:28 pm

I agree with Jordan there! Blooms said he had a knock on Saturday so couldn't play. Swain needs to keep his position as he has been class recently! If he does play Walshaw don't get me wrong I want him to succeed and score goals! I just bloody hope he puts a shift in! Compared to recently!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 5:43 am