Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+5
Championship Manager
trevdee
crowbar6753
town supporter
TownUltra
9 posters

A Channel To Vent Frustrations?

TownUltra
    TownUltra

A Channel To Vent Frustrations? Empty A Channel To Vent Frustrations?

Post by TownUltra Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:17 pm

It seems like the result / performance against Guiseley was a final straw for some fans who have been feeling frustrated about a few things for a while and feel like they have no recourse or channel to vent them.

People are entitled to tell the club what they feel about things, but doing it on the back of a defeat in the opposition clubhouse moving forward probably isn't the most constructive thing for us, especially if the club can argue back that such conversations were alcohol fuelled.

We have the Q and A, they often though don't get everybody's voice across and some fans will not feel comfortable about saying what they think.

Why don't we use this forum for good and every month / 3 months put down thoughts on one of these threads on what has frustrated us and more importantly any action points for how things could be improved.

Then we have a regular channel to get our point across.

A designated member of the group then takes a print off to the club and sits down and talks about it, the club then come back and make a response. Then we have constant communication and hopefully things don't get to boiling point again?

The only thing though is that let's face it as fans, the thing that the majority only care about is results and so it won't solve our issues on the field, but will at least give us a constant voice?

Thoughts?

town supporter

A Channel To Vent Frustrations? Empty Re: A Channel To Vent Frustrations?

Post by town supporter Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:39 pm

All very commendable,  well thought through stuff, but personally it's gone beyond that for me. Success shouldn't come at any price - not for me at any rate.  

I've never had much time for the weavers and knew it was only a matter of time before their true colours were shown. I have no agenda (despite what some may think) but saw enough that i didn't like.  I will attend at least part of tomorrow's fixture  and have a drink in the clubhouse afterwards (and I urge all other town fans in solidarity to do thr same) and show my support to jordan but after that I'll be back down at station view - it's not ideal (home is where the heart is and all that) but the weavers don't deserve our support. I'm afraid there's a need to send out a clear message other than addressing a few concerns with club officials once in a while.  If you do intend to continue attending don't sit back -at least make it clear to the weavers you're not happy, be a nuisance and hopefull one day we will have our club back.

TS

Last edited by town supporter on Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
    town supporter

Post by town supporter Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:03 pm

Ps just for Simon would it be awfully rude to start a 'there's only one shane killock' chant in the bar tomorrow?
    crowbar6753
    crowbar6753

Post by crowbar6753 Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:09 pm

Hi Everyone, As a 7yr exciled town fan now living across the pond in Canada who follows the club and views this forum on a daily basis i must say that this whole situation which has been simmering away is now rapidly coming to the boil and is making the whole club look like a laughing stock. The club is night and day compared to the club i remember watching 10yrs ago, a club that played great attacking football, was well run and the fans came to the game with a smile on there faces knowing they were going to be entertained and each and every player would give 110% for the cause!!
    I too was impressed early on by Irving Snr and the professionalism and sound buisness skills that he was implimenting behind the scenes,and although he was making mistakes, i felt that weaver Jnr needed to be given time to prove whether he could become a proven manager at this level.
    Sadly this did not materialize and it is clear to all, sorry clear to everyone on the planet bar one !! that Simon clearly isnt up to the task.
    In any other club, in any other sport in any country on this planet, this situation would clearly not be accepted by the chairman, the board, the fans or even the local media!! I understand the situation is a little different than most clubs, but given the set up, the cash available and the talent pool of players at the managers disposal at least one of the above mentioned groups should have the influence or ability to be able to put enough pressure on to end this whole situation.
    After reading the situation regarding the altercation in the bar with a well respected member and from what i hear loyal supporter of the club being treated from what i hear in the way he was from a supposedly profesional sportsman clearly shows that the whole situation is at breaking point, and with Weaver Snr making the supposed comment that no one will force them out of the club, this in my opinion is the ideal time for fans and local media to vent there anger at the whole situation.
    I apologize for the long winded write up, but i to, even after being away for 7yrs feel it is time for everyone who is passionate about this club to stand up and make the feelings felt.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:32 pm

Tomorrow at the game I will continue to make my feelings clear, you will hear me loud and clear from the new stand even in Canada.. Enough is enough for me.
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:56 am

Does anybody want to do this? It will guarantee something is put in front of the club?
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:31 pm

As well intentioned as this is, that ship has sailed I'm afraid. They're clearly not even remotely interested in anyone else's views. It's their way or the highway. Sadly for them the only people left onside are Garry "unity" Plank, possibly Ged although I suspect secretly even he probably thinks the Weavers are a lost cause, he just doesn't have the balls to say it and a few of the convicts players.

Pretty clear that even some people who've been loyal to them up to now would begrudge them any success going forward.

Sad that it's come to this really. This is why all good, forward thinking clubs have some kind of fan representation.
    Championship Manager
    Championship Manager

Post by Championship Manager Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:02 pm

Its a good idea but even a couple of months ago would have been pointless. I don't think Irving would entertain the idea and even if he did the answers that would come back would be laughable.

Its got to the point where Simon and the clubs actions are inexcusable, its been festering for awhile now but this season has passed the point of no return.

From the loss of good players in summer to cover up Simon's own deficiencies, to bringing in Lenighan leading to the loss of Tad to the club, to the constant injury excuses, narrowing of the pitch, sending our club captain out on loan, Craig and Plank embarassing themselves and the club on the internet, etc etc.

But the final straw has to be the management backed up by some of the players laying into a loyal supporter and questioning his support. To bring in Nightclub bouncers at a family friendly club is just a joke, its got nothing to do with protection for the Weavers, its all about them having control of every situation the find themselves in. Its sends out a definite message that its us and them now which is a sorry state for a football club to find itself in.

The only answer is Weavers out!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:51 pm

I was wondering about the pitch issue. The only reason I can think why Irving has had to narrow the pitch is due to the plans for the new stand that will be constructed along the Wetherby Road side of the ground.

But apart from that, it is time for the Weavers to go, and Guiseley was the final straw for all fans, apart from the Weaver arselickers/brown noses. Hednesford just put an exclamation mark on it.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:50 pm

I understand that Simon was questioned on Sunday about the incident in the clubhouse at Guiseley. His response was on the lines of 'I am suprised he was able to remember given how drunk he was' and he said that the Speight incident shows 'unity'.

So in order for you to have an opinion on football you need to have not touched a drop of alcohol and for the record Simon, if you are reading this, I probably had 4 pints max. For a 'Fat C@nt' as Speight so kindly put it, it takes a lot more than that to get me 'drunk'.

Oh, and the fours games I have missed this season are Lowestoft, Worcester, Tamworth and Barrow. I will however now be missing most of the away trips for the remainder of the season. You can stick your away travel up your arse and get someone else to arrange it! My season ticket will not be renewed either along with a number of other fans.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:18 pm

I'm pretty sure the club's various sponsors would be horrified if their association with a vile jackass like Spieght was publicised in certain places. Time to fight dirty?
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:18 pm

Speight's just a meathead sticking up for his mate, I can sort of see why he would react like that. Not excusing it.

What I can't understand is Simon comments to Jordan. Jordan works incredibly hard for the club. I'm surprised nobody from the club hasn't called to talk to him.

A sorry mess indeed. What the team need now most of all is their fans behind them and this episode risks affecting that support and further deepening our problems and chances of relegation increase.

It all really peas me off.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:13 pm

Speight seeminglys is just a desperate feck. His career is vanishing so he is clinging to the paymasters coat tails. It will be fun watching him 'progress' from now on. I was willing to give him a chance but a) he is shite b) he is an objectionable individual proved in the past and proved now.

The fact that even Simon acknowledged his input towards a fan who gives so much in the way he has proves the point that daddy's boy is so out of touch. Again with Simon willing at the start of the season to give him the benefit of the doubt but totally lacks the dignity to acknowledge his own failings.....even to his own flash and blood. The reaction to Jordan has done for him.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:19 pm

TownUltra wrote:
    What I can't understand is Simon comments to Jordan. Jordan works incredibly hard for the club.
    I have to say that's the shocker here, although it shouldn't really come as a shock.

Fans of Plank should take note, this is why the little greaser has his nose wedged so far up the weavers because anyone who speaks out is shot down and shunned and there's no way he'd risk losing his only meal ticket in football.
    Mike of Wetherby

A Channel To Vent Frustrations? Empty A Channel To Vent Frustrations

Post by Mike of Wetherby Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:50 pm

Two incidents I have seen in the past when, whatever the rights and wrongs of the matter, a player could not control himself led to instant dismissal. I was astonished to see Speight in the line up on Sunday as if nothing had happened
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:19 pm

Well Simon will soon realise when there is no longer a core of 30 or so fans at the majority of away games making some noise........I almost threw my season ticket at him on Sunday!
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:38 pm

Trev, we're still Harrogate Town, no matter who's in charge. It's not as fun when others aren't there, who cares about the Weavers, it's the fun of being at a game and chanting with your mates and with 3 away games in 4 we will be more likely to lose at a time we really need results and to be together. I think it's a real shame if some fans now don't travel.

Brackley was a great day out last year, you can drink behind the goal (responsibly or soft drinks) It's really sad that there won't be as many going this year.

Having said that with 1 away win all season in the league, and physical threats from managers and players they are hardly making it an amazing away.days match day experience. Unless you like your football angry.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:41 pm

Well thats why I decided to wait until my last home game to throw it at him.......Long away days are out of the question now for me certainly anyway.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:06 am

Especially as the manager and the criminal decided to be verbally abusive to the one person that was organising the away travel.

Another masterstroke on the club's behalf.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:41 pm

I must confess the more I hear about Jordan's treatment, the more angry I get. I've been one of the deluded idiots who chanted ' The Weavers are nice people' mantra for years. Well,never again. I think I hate them now!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:46 pm

TownUltra's initial point is a good one, but probably doomed to failure. Some of you may recall that I sent a detailed (but very polite) e-mail to Garry Plant some time ago, and never had the courtesy of a reply or acknowlegement. The fact is, they actually KNOW that we are right, so they have no valid response to make, all they can do is hunker down in the bunker, and see the whole world as their enemy.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:00 pm

paulstreet wrote:TownUltra's initial point is a good one, but probably doomed to failure. Some of you may recall that I sent a detailed (but very polite) e-mail to Garry Plant some time ago, and never had the courtesy of a reply or acknowlegement.  The fact is, they actually KNOW that we are right, so they have no valid response to make, all they can do is hunker down in the bunker, and see the whole world as their enemy.
    Their only hope now is results. Over to you Simon...
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:23 pm

Simon: Daddy....Daddy. My midfields broken. Can I have a new one?
    Irving: Oh, go on then son, make it 40 players this season.

Simon: Daddy.....Daddy. Shane called me a naughty word, can you tell him off?
    Irving: Dont worry son, we will send our best defender out on loan, and extend it as well.

Simon: Daddy.....Daddy. Can I come and work for you?
    Irving: I dont trust you with the real business, stick to the football son.

Irving: Why are the fans staying away.....surely it's not because of my pathetic excuse of a son?
    Plank: Dont worry Sir, the fans will return. This is the best squad EVER. We are in the best position we have ever been in......(whilst he carries on using his Irving Weaver prayer mat)

Simon: Macca, what tactics shall we play this weekend? I will tell you what. Lets pick 3 numbers between 1 and 10 and see how it looks when we pull 3 numbers out shall we?
    Macca: I dont know about that boss, lets revert to the idiots guide on tactics shall we? Where's my abacus?
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:25 pm

And just to add to all this. The club are obviously interested in this forum....40 guests as of 1.24pm?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 8:05 pm